Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:05 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
Interesting. Do you think Mike Huckabee will intervene?

Quote:
For a lot of them, the key is Mike Huckabee. Huckabee’s endorsement probably did a fair amount to get him the nomination in that three-way fight and he’s seen as a possible bridge, if he’s willing to, to go to the Congressman and say, look, you got to get off this.

http://thepage.time.com/2012/08/21/more-on-akin/

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:45 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
The mere fact that he took all of his phones offline and that he has ceased any type of contact with his would-have-been constituents has incensed me beyond all measure. I can tell you for a fact here in Missouri is that he will definitely lose the election. He lost it the moment he opened his mouth and removed all doubt that he was a fool.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:28 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 24
If I lived in Missouri I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. If he backs out now it will only strengthen the left. The man did not say things the way he should have and he has apologized. Has anyone done the research to see if what he said is scientifically accurate?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
If Huckabee publicly withdrew his endorsement, it might send the message to Akin. I don't know if Huck would be so callous though. Maybe Akin needs that kind of tough love.

I don't think the left would be very strengthened by his leaving the race. With the appropriate replacement, who is equally pro-life, MO can be one of the most easily won Senate seats that we need.

S. Hall, are you from MO? What was your reaction to Akin during the primaries?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:56 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 20
I voted for Brunner in the Primary. Steelman is a tool for the unions and Akin is the Missourian version of Joe Bidan, prone to making idiotic, insensitive, and sometimes downright nutty statements. That, and most of his campaign got funded by Claire McCaskill and the Democrats.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:21 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
Stephen Hall wrote:
I voted for Brunner in the Primary. Steelman is a tool for the unions and Akin is the Missourian version of Joe Bidan, prone to making idiotic, insensitive, and sometimes downright nutty statements. That, and most of his campaign got funded by Claire McCaskill and the Democrats.

If Akin does succumb to the pressure and drop out, who do you see as a viable replacement? (I believe Brunner and Steelman are ineligible).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:33 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Here's the thing: What Akin said wasn't entirely scientifically inaccurate. I know exactly what he's talking about.

The odds of fertilization increases if the woman is lubricated or has an orgasm during intercourse. This was common knowledge until Akin made his remarks, when everyone suddenly forgot about it.

Seriously, look it up under these links:
http://www.justmommies.com/articles/how ... page=0%2C1
http://www.bettyconfidential.com/ar/ld/ ... ility.html
http://news.discovery.com/human/women-s ... ction.html

This doesn't mean that pregnancies due to rape can't happen - they can and do happen. But yes, the odds are way lower than during regular consensual intercourse.

What Akin did wrong was to even mention the odds. That wasn't the question. He was just about whether there should be an exemption from an abortion ban to allow for abortions in case of rape. The answer is NO, and that's all he should have said.

But what he said still had a grain of truth in it.