Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:37 am 

Liked: 340
Please forgive me for posting a "negative" article about a candidate.

You may disagree with me, but I believe non of the candidates in the race are as perilous to conservatives as Ted Cruz potentially is.

Any intelligent person who really wants to can see Trump for who and what he is. Trump is not an unknown entity.

The same goes for Ben Carson. If people vote for him - that is their problem, in my opinion. If you want an inexperienced neurosurgeon to become president, then that's your choice.

Ted Cruz is more dangerous, in my opinion, because he is skilled, and he is fake. And if elected he would do a lot of damage to the conservative cause. I believe he would quickly undo all the gains Repuglicans and Conservatives have made on the local, state and congressional levels. He would be the Barack Obama of the Republicans. Very popular with the hard core base (as Obama still is within his party), but a stench to everyone else. This would mean a lot of trouble down the road for Conservatives and Republicans. There is probably not a more loathed senator in the senate, loathed by his own colleagues. That is not a badge of honor. That says it all.

Just look at what a different approach Gov. Mike Huckabee took in his home state. He WON it for Republicans and Conservatives. He turned it red. I favor that approach.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/10/01/what_ted_cruz_really_stands_for_128264.html

We need to get the word out about this.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:41 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Man that was great. Really encapsulated what I sensed was the truth about Cruz.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
This quote from the above article confirms what I fear Cruz is doing and has done with the office of Senator. Although he is the hero to some, I wonder, "Where's the progress and the unity, even within his own party?"

Quote:
Wellstone and Coburn risked their positions to advance their political values. Cruz is their opposite. He risks his principals to advance his position. I don’t think any senator really believes Ted Cruz is a conviction politician, save for his conviction that he ought to be president.

I know that Cruz and his minions boast that he wears the establishment’s animosity as a badge of honor. But before anyone adds more brushstrokes to Cruz’ self-portrait as a modern day Edmund G. Ross, let me point out that at the heart of colleagues’ contempt for him isn’t their distress at finding themselves confronted by a principled conservative, but their belief that he is an imposter.

He deliberately sets up conservatives to fail by goading them into empty gestures and self-defeating stunts like shutting down government, which make it harder to persuade more Americans to embrace conservative policies. They can’t even be described accurately as Pyrrhic victories. They’re just abject failures.