Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:49 pm 

Liked: 340
justgrace wrote:
Not really trying to target only Cruz, but it is just that so much questionable information is coming out about him.

Sadly, many evangelical leaders have been "hoodwinked"

Cruz is doing a "good" job sucking all the oxygen out of the air for Mike Huckabee, so we will naturally do more "opposition research" on him than on other candidates.

By all reports Cruz does have a "bad character", to say the least, so yes, Christian Conservatives are being hoodwinked.

TheValuesVoter wrote:
The Iowa Governor just came out against Cruz. I wonder if this is going to change anything for Huckabee in Iowa.

I don't know. Isn't Branstad considered to be more on the establishment side?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:59 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
A. Donald Trump

Quote:
Why This Former Trump
Fan Doesn’t Support Him Anymore

John Hawkins
Jan. 26, 2016

I understand why people like Donald Trump because I was a big fan of his as well.

I loved the fact that he’s a charismatic, politically incorrect fighter and a successful businessman. I am also genuinely grateful to him for changing the debate on immigration and starting a conversation about Muslim immigration that we should have had a long time ago. I don’t believe a ban on Muslim immigrants would ever pass Congress nor do I think it’s practical (How would you realistically implement it?), but I do think blocking future refugees and immigrants from countries where Al-Qaeda and ISIS hold sway is more doable because of Trump. That’s a little ironic because he was initially in favor of bringing in Syrian refugees, but it’s true. Additionally, after years of being ignored, scorned and poorly represented by Republican leaders in Congress, it’s nice to have a politician who actually goes overboard to pander to conservatives.

Additionally, I find it OFFENSIVE when Trump is called a fascist or people attack his supporters. At the end of the day, to beat Trump you have to convince his supporters to go elsewhere. You don’t do that by insulting people for their choice of candidates.

That being said, the support for Trump reminds me of an old Jeff Foxworthy joke that went something like this.

Kid: Look up in the sky, mama, it's a plane! It’s a plane!

Mother: Oh, look, he knows that! He's just so smart, isn't he?

Jeff Foxworthy: Smart? He's 12 years old!

When you have genuine affection for someone, it’s easy to block out his faults. In Trump’s case, this is being taken to such an extreme that it’s starting to feel like we’re in Jonestown a few days before the Kool-Aid is handed out. Tell me I’m wrong if you like, but even Trump made reference to that when he said,

“And you know what else they say about my people? The polls! They say I have the most loyal people. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters. It’s incredible.”

Since when do conservatives engage in this type of blind loyalty towards ANY

Read the rest here:
http://m.townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2016/01/26/why-this-former-trump-fan-doesnt-support-him-anymore-n2109815/page/full

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:58 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Peter wrote:

What does Heidi Cruz say at the end of the interview? "Remember how many?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:20 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
It appears that Rubio's connections to shady business deals are much more extensive than I first realized, so that is why this is added.

http://observer.com/2016/01/poor-little-rich-boy/

While I believe the Gang of Eight deal is enough to disqualify Rubio on my list of candidates, it still saddens me because I had hoped he was a much better man. I have many dear friends supporting Rubio and Cruz. Both these men have problems with qualifications to be President, according to the Constitution's high requirements that a candidate must be a natural-born citizen. And both are immature and inexperienced compared to Huckabee. Both also were out running for President while they were supposed to be in D.C. working for us in the Senate.