Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
News just broke

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:40 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
And what makes it even worse is having to put up with Cruz's (and his supporters') smarmy attitude.

I suppose I'll be supporting Rubio from here on out...or possibly Christie if he survives New Hampshire. But really, a Rubio/Huckabee ticket is not out of the question. Let's see if he makes any move to endorse.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:44 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I've been leaning toward Rubio for the last week, and that's probably who I'm going to vote for in South Carolina. I'm about as anti-establishment as you can get, so it's odd that I find myself supporting what is going to be the default establishment candidate, but I cannot vote for Trump, and I've got too many reservations with Cruz at the moment.

Post by WalterCan Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:45 pm 
***** General

christopher.wilkerson wrote:
And what makes it even worse is having to put up with Cruz's (and his supporters') smarmy attitude.

I suppose I'll be supporting Rubio from here on out...or possibly Christie if he survives New Hampshire. But really, a Rubio/Huckabee ticket is not out of the question. Let's see if he makes any move to endorse.

This whole 2016 Campaign was disappointing and I thought it would go way differently. But I'll throw my hat into the Rubio ring. I'm just really, really glad it's not Trump the liberal with no sign of class.

Whatever you do, Huck, endorse anybody except for Trump. Four Supreme Court Justices on the line.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:46 pm 
***** General

WalterCan wrote:
I've been leaning toward Rubio for the last week, and that's probably who I'm going to vote for in South Carolina. I'm about as anti-establishment as you can get, so it's odd that I find myself supporting what is going to be the default establishment candidate, but I cannot vote for Trump, and I've got too many reservations with Cruz at the moment.

How did Cruz manage to convince Evangelicals he was more of an Evangelical than Huckabee?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Was just typing that this result would probably result in the end of Huck's campaign, and sadly it did. Really thought Huck would have a better showing tonight, but there just wasn't enough oxygen in the room for all those vying for the evangelical vote.

I always felt that if Carson ran it would really make it difficult for Huck to gain traction in this election cycle and that seemed to be the case. As many of us said back in 2012, that was the year for Huck to make his run. He had momentum still going from 2008 and I think most of us were all geared up to get the campaign going again and take on Mittens. And I think we would have won! 2016 was a completely different playing field and one that wasn't as favorable to Huck.

Post by goalieman Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:50 pm 
Lieutenant General

TheValuesVoter wrote:
WalterCan wrote:

How did Cruz manage to convince Evangelicals he was more of an Evangelical than Huckabee?

The even bigger question is how did Carson get more Evangelical votes than Huckabee?

I know this is a tough night for Huckabee and all of his supporters, and I certainly don't want to pile on, but he really can't blame the media or other campaigns for this one. He just didn't connect with the mood of the voters in this cycle.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:52 pm 
Lieutenant General

goalieman wrote:
Was just typing that this result would probably result in the end of Huck's campaign, and sadly it did. Really thought Huck would have a better showing tonight, but there just wasn't enough oxygen in the room for all those vying for the evangelical vote.

I always felt that if Carson ran it would really make it difficult for Huck to gain traction in this election cycle and that seemed to be the case. As many of us said back in 2012, that was the year for Huck to make his run. He had momentum still going from 2008 and I think most of us were all geared up to get the campaign going again and take on Mittens. And I think we would have won! 2016 was a completely different playing field and one that wasn't as favorable to Huck.

I agree with this. Too much time passed between 2008 and 2016. People were in a very different mood for this cycle, and Huckabee ran virtually the same campaign as he did before, and it didn't connect.

Post by WalterCan Liked by: goalieman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:54 pm 
Lieutenant General

I posted last week that despite all the polls, I thought Rubio was in a perfect position to take the nomination. That seems even more the case after tonight. Cruz and Trump are going to beat up on one another, and Rubio is going to slip through.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:55 pm 
***** General

WalterCan wrote:
TheValuesVoter wrote:
WalterCan wrote:

The even bigger question is how did Carson get more Evangelical votes than Huckabee?

I know this is a tough night for Huckabee and all of his supporters, and I certainly don't want to pile on, but he really can't blame the media or other campaigns for this one. He just didn't connect with the mood of the voters in this cycle.

Fair enough. But whatever you do, Huck, please don't endorse Trump.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:56 pm 
Captain

Liked: 25
Rubio was my second choice - and lately I've been leaning his way as it was clear Mike was not going to pull it out. Rubio in his speech made a classy comment about Mike.

Mike - endorse Rubio? (I'd vote for a Rubio/Huckabee ticket!)

Post by Lee Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:59 pm 
***** General

I don't even think I can listen to Cruz' victory speech. It must be hard being the only "real" conservative on planet earth, ain't it Ted? :?

I know some don't want to fathom this, but don't be suprised if Huck endorses Trump. I think it could happen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:59 pm 
Lieutenant General

Huckabee has signaled (at least in my opinion) that he's going to support Trump. I think that's a mistake and a bad way to go out, but I think he's angry about things right now, and I'm not sure he'll be thinking clearly.

Post by WalterCan Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:06 am 
***** General

WalterCan wrote:
Huckabee has signaled (at least in my opinion) that he's going to support Trump. I think that's a mistake and a bad way to go out, but I think he's angry about things right now, and I'm not sure he'll be thinking clearly.

Supporting Trump would actually undermine much of what he's advocated for throughout his public life. Huckabee advocates for sanctity of human life. And he has long advocated for racial healing. And traditional values. Trump is like the anti-Huckabee. I would lose a tremendous amount of respect for him if he supported Trump and I really hope and pray he doesn't.

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: juditupp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:08 am 
***** General

Rubio's showing tonight has to put an end to Jeb's campaign. Fiorina and Santorum should bow out after tonight as well. Iowa doesn't usually pick the winner for the GOP nomination, but it certainly ends it for many.

Post by goalieman Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:19 am 
***** General

goalieman wrote:
Rubio's showing tonight has to put an end to Jeb's campaign. Fiorina and Santorum should bow out after tonight as well. Iowa doesn't usually pick the winner for the GOP nomination, but it certainly ends it for many.

If Huckabee is dropping out, there's no way in the world that Bush should be staying in. Don't mean to be mean. It's just reality.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:30 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
TheValuesVoter wrote:
WalterCan wrote:

I need to try to find the story about how this all came about, but Rafael Cruz (a self-appointed "Pastor" who has no church except a Suzanne Hinn franchise.) With his dominionist theology, Rafael felt his brilliant son would someday make a good president of the USA. He required his son to memorize the Constitution, then sent him out to show off at civic events with a group of other young constitutionalists. This in spite of the fact that Rafael Cruz was a Canadian citizen. No doubt he was a brutal man, since Ted's mother cannot speak of those years without crying. But Rafael is a convincing and some say an inspirational speaker. He is an opportunist. He has learned to preach the gospel in appealing terms, when it is needed. Or he uses his oratorical skills to run down others. His main message was Ted, but to get the evangelical vote that he knew Ted would need, he knew he would have to tap into the evangelical leadership with the idea that since they had been losing the past few presidential elections, he would have to get the leaders to "coalesce." And that is what he has done; actively courting evangelicals, preaching a Christian message, to get them to sign up to coalesce and put their support behind Ted Cruz.

He has used dishonest means, apparently, to get the vote. He seems very much like a Republican Obama, a very arrogant man who believes more in himself than in his principles.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:48 am 
Captain

Liked: 25
"Supporting Trump would actually undermine much of what he's advocated for throughout his public life. Huckabee advocates for sanctity of human life. And he has long advocated for racial healing. And traditional values. Trump is like the anti-Huckabee. I would lose a tremendous amount of respect for him if he supported Trump and I really hope and pray he doesn't."

- I agree Value Voter. I would lose respect for Mike if he endorses Trump.

Post by Lee has received Likes: 2 juditupp, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:10 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
TheValuesVoter wrote:

This whole 2016 Campaign was disappointing and I thought it would go way differently. But I'll throw my hat into the Rubio ring. I'm just really, really glad it's not Trump the liberal with no sign of class.

Whatever you do, Huck, endorse anybody except for Trump. Four Supreme Court Justices on the line.

To me it seemed like this race never even got started. It's been Trump trump trump. The under-card debate was the biggest campaign killer. And I think that's what it was intended to be by the party and by the media.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:09 am 

Liked: 340
All very disappointing. A few weeks ago I read an analysis by Carl Cannon of RCP. He wrote that the low performing Huckabee campaign was one of the big surprises of this cycle for him, because he considers Huckabee to be the presently most skilled politician out there.

Very disappointing. I listened to Rubio's "victory" speech. I couldn't help but notice how he is not in the same league as Huckabee. (Please don't ask me to listen to Cruz's speeches!! I hate fake-ness)

In my view, Trump is not a qualified presidential candidate and he shouldn't be president - and he shouldn't get the endorsements of evangelical leaders. That doesn't mean that I don't like some things about his candidacy - especially the fact that he's been proving the political class and the pundits wrong time and time again.

In an ideal world, picking up the pieces after yesterday: Rubio wins and chooses Huck as his VP. And yes, they would beat - clobber - Hillary Clinton in the general.

Post by Peter has received Likes: 2 justgrace, TheValuesVoter