Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:45 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
http://hotair.com/archives/2016/01/29/h ... -arkansas/

Excerpt from this article:

Quote:
Hmmm: Trump announces post-Iowa rally in … Little Rock, Arkansas
posted at 6:41 pm on January 29, 2016 by Allahpundit

Maybe that’s true of Santorum, but what if Huckabee made an agreement with Trump recently to support him after Iowa if his own campaign ends up never taking off? We’ve all been interpreting Huck’s endless shots at Cruz as a product of bitterness, but maybe they’re more strategic than that. Until recently I assumed that Huckabee would endorse Rubio once he dropped out, partly as thanks for Rubio endorsing Huckabee in 2008 and partly because Rubio has traditionally been seen as the biggest threat to Cruz. Lately, though, respect for Trump’s chances at winning the nomination has risen; he leads Rubio in prediction markets, meaning that if you were all about stopping Cruz, Trump’s arguably your best bet at this point. Trump’s favor is probably also worth more to Huckabee than Rubio’s is, just as Huckabee’s favor is worth more to Trump than it is to Rubio. If Huck endorses Rubio, he gets some warm words and maybe a couple of rallies with the candidate if Rubio goes on to win the nomination. But Rubio doesn’t need Huck; he’s got plenty of socially conservative cred in his own right. Trump, glaringly, does not, and he may need some if he intends to turn out southern Christians in the same numbers that other Republican nominees have. And even if Trump flames out of the race, he’s likely to reward Huckabee with some valuable interviews if/when Huck gets back into media.

In fact, here’s a freaky deaky possibility for you: What if Huckabee thinks he has a chance at being Trump’s VP? It’s not as crazy as it sounds. Think about Trump’s liabilities in the general election: He has no experience as a public office-holder; his credentials among the Christian base are shaky; and Democrats are sure to try to neutralize his blue-collar appeal by painting him as a Manhattan fatcat. Huckabee was born and raised blue-collar in rural America and ran as the blue-collar populist candidate eight years ago, using Mitt Romney as his foil. He’s one of the most prominent Christian voices in American politics, for better or worse, even after losing favor among other Christian leaders to Cruz. And he was a governor longer than anyone else in the race this year except Rick Perry. He’s also famously deft in handling the media, a quality which Trump would prize. If Trump’s the nominee, why would he choose some garden-variety Republican pol when he could have another guy who often annoys the establishment and who was talking about reaching out to the working class in 2008 while most of the rest of the GOP was yammering on about entrepreneurs?

I have crawled out of my bunker to present this option for Huckabee supporters. I am not a Trump fan either and would not be comfortable with Mike endorsing Trump but it does look like Mike could end up being a perfect VP pick for the Donald. I am not saying that it is the best path to the White House but it is intriguing.

Looking at the potential VP picks that are Governors there are only 2 left that haven't a strained relationship with the Donald.

Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee. :eatingpopcorn

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:29 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
This website is really acting funny tonight, but none the less, I do think Huck may well endorse Trump and I personally have no problem with it. Whether that leads to being picked as Trump's VP I'm not so sure about, (though it does make sense for Trump), but politics is often more about personalities than policies and Huck and Trump may just genuinely like each other. And if Huck can influence Trump in a good way, I'm all for it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:45 am 
Captain

Liked: 25
Much as I like Mike, I would never vote for a Trump/Huckabee ticket. Indeed, I would be sick to my stomach if Mike endorses Trump at this point.

Post by Lee has received Likes: 2 juditupp, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:14 am 

Liked: 340
If I could, I don't think I would hesitate to vote for a Trump/Huckabee ticket over Hillary Clinton...it would be better for America by strides.

I am glad that I am not in Gov. Huckabee's shoes, having to choose who to endorse or not to endorse.

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:02 pm 
***** General

goalieman wrote:
.... but politics is often more about personalities than policies and Huck and Trump may just genuinely like each other. And if Huck can influence Trump in a good way, I'm all for it!

They are definitely an odd couple but they do have a good relationship. Here are a couple of clips from early in the 2012 primary season when the Gov and the Donald were contemplating running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZe0wZh2f6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0gmEi6mGG8

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:01 am 
***** General

Liked: 31
If Trump gets the nom. he'd be wise to choose Gov. Suzanna Martinez as his V.P. (would obviously solve a number of big problems for him in the general election) and she appears to be a pretty good governor as well. G.H. should remain true to his core values if he endorses otherwise he's no better than the evangelical leaders who threw in for Cruz.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:26 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
steves wrote:
If Trump gets the nom. he'd be wise to choose Gov. Suzanna Martinez as his V.P. (would obviously solve a number of big problems for him in the general election) and she appears to be a pretty good governor as well. G.H. should remain true to his core values if he endorses otherwise he's no better than the evangelical leaders who threw in for Cruz.

Yeah. Huckabee could, in theory, run again (he's just 59 years old). Losing an election bid isn't the worst thing that can happen to a politician. Losing your credibility is.

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:02 pm 
***** General

steves wrote:

Looks like Suzie likes a good party.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dru ... efe0d5aaf0

Not that it would matter that much to Trump other than she does not like his immigration stand.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:30 am 
***** General

Nikki Haley just endorsed Marco Rubio.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02 ... rubio.html

I think you are looking at Marco's VP pick if he can pull ahead of the 2 mud wrestlers.

Mike has not endorsed anyone yet so I would say he is positioning himself to be part of a Trump or Rubio administration. If not VP, maybe something else.

Cruz would not even consider the Gov. for anything. Glen Beck and the rest of talk radio would make sure of that.

Does a Secretary of State Mike Huckabee make sense?