Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:39 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/55754-is-donald-trump-a-modern-day-cyrus

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/55653-an-open-letter-to-pastor-robert-jeffress

Both articles are written by the same author and point the reader towards hope in Christ, not a candidate. I think these are thoughtful articles that express concern about a Trump presidency without challenging the faith of those that vote for him.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:39 am 

Liked: 340
Fair & balanced. This is the kind of dialogue we need.

Post by Peter has received Likes: 2 juditupp, justgrace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:29 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Peter wrote:
Fair & balanced. This is the kind of dialogue we need.

We as Christians should never give up praying for the salvation of others, whether they be humble workers or wealthy and influential people. Look how God changed Charles Colson after Watergate indictments. He became a believer in Christ and began the excellent Prison Fellowship ministries that led thousands of prisoners to Christ and taught them the Bible, thus changing lives for the good.

Huckabee has the ear of Trump, it would seem, especially since he asked Sarah Huckabee Sanders to be an adviser. And, "adviser" means someone you listen to. We have a very real possibility and likelihood that Huckabee(s) could share the gospel and lead Trump to the Lord. We should be praising God for this, I think!

I look at Trump and see a man who is also a family man. Many people who know the Trump children say they are very nice, fine people. Christian? I don't know. But let's pray they all become believers, perhaps through Huckabee's influence.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:58 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I have also thought of how often in the Old Testament that God used the aides to Kings for His glory--Daniel, Joseph, Mordecai, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. They were greatly used to save millions of lives of the Jewish people. And it was Zerubbabel the pagan prince of Judah, in the book of Nehemiah, who oversaw the return of children of Israel to Jerusalem under King Cyrus of Persia. It was Nehemiah (a godly assistant to Cyrus) who rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem under the decree of Cyrus. Interesting.

I think we need to also realize that everyone who says they are believers may not be. Their fruits will show if they are. What many find just as troubling are the lies and misrepresentations and troubling ties to wealthy donors of Cruz--one who is under federal indictment for trader fraud (billionaire Robert Mercer) or the New York millionaire donors who support homosexual activism or the Cambridge Analytica group that helps overthrow third world governments and spies on our Facebook. Which sin does the Bible condemn most? I find that Cruz is out of the running for me because of his lies about his own life and his connections, as well as his dual Canadian citizenship that he has hidden. Also, it is a sin to slander a fellow believer and pastor, as the Cruz's have done against Huckabee. In our Kansas caucus I wrote in Huckabee and am waiting to see if he endorses someone. Or is chosen as Vice President running mate.

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter