Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:18 pm 

Liked: 340
This sounds more like a "John Kasich" to me than a "Mike Huckabee"...

Quote:
Trump did offer some concessions to the realities of being a political novice, saying that he would not pick an outsider like himself as a vice-presidential running mate, but rather, “somebody that can walk into the Senate and who’s been friendly with these guys for 25 years, and people for 25 years. And can get things done. So I would 95 percent see myself picking a political person as opposed to somebody from the outside.”

From this article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-turmoil-or-triumph-donald-trump-stands-alone/2016/04/02/8c0619b6-f8d6-11e5-a3ce-f06b5ba21f33_story.html

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Theoretically, Huckabee could fit that mold. He's been know to the Republican party for nearly that long, and was head of the Nat'l Governors Association. I think in this context, he was using 'outsider' to describe someone like himself, or Carson, or Fiorina.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:36 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
Theoretically, Huckabee could fit that mold. He's been know to the Republican party for nearly that long, and was head of the Nat'l Governors Association. I think in this context, he was using 'outsider' to describe someone like himself, or Carson, or Fiorina.

Huckabee would be the ideal balance for Trump's style, and he would bring trust to the evangelical community that is saying that faith matters in a leader, even while, sadly, "method" or "deception" do not matter. I believe that certain influential evangelical leaders chose a symbolic conservative--the ambitious debater and lawyer with the smoothly spoken speeches--over the candidate who has actually governed a successful and principled several terms in office, who has done it while retaining his Christian testimony. Rhetoric and money--even that which is taken from dishonest and immoral donors--seemed to matter most. It tipped their scales in favor of Cruz, for that was one of four pillars upon which evangelical leaders chose, putting money over morals. And they are still heavily endorsing Cruz, even while serious rumors of voter fraud and sexual affairs abound. I feel this is the great deception of our evangelical leaders--not to know the candidate they worshipfully endorse, and to choose this world's "unrighteous mammon" over the honor which Huckabee showed in refusing donations from several billionaires who had ties to abortion and gay marriage agendas. (Cruz got this money and more.) Beyond that, none less that Brannon Howse of the Worldview Weekend seminars points to the dangerous globalist ambitions and Dominionist cult beliefs of Rafael, Ted, and Heidi, with their connections to those who would "take the spoils of the wicked and give them to the righteous" (whoever Rafael may define in his own cultist religion called Purifying Fires.) This is as much an indictment on evangelicalism as it is on any candidate. Forever, history will record this fall of American evangelicalism into the pits of earthly, monetary power.

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I've given this some thought...If Trump DID choose Huckabee as his running mate before the convention, but he failed to win the requisite 1237 delegates, or if there were shenanigans in Cleveland, a scenario could occur where Huckabee could become a consensus nominee. Trump might be satisfied as long as he can deny Cruz the nomination, and at the same time play king-maker. And Cruz's delegates might be satisfied with another former Iowa caucuses victor who fits the #NeverTrump mold. Add to that a little support from Rubio's delegates...now we're cooking with Crisco!

:pigflying right?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:57 pm 

I've given this some thought...If Trump DID choose Huckabee as his running mate before the convention, but he failed to win the requisite 1237 delegates, or if there were shenanigans in Cleveland, a scenario could occur where Huckabee could become a consensus nominee. Trump might be satisfied as long as he can deny Cruz the nomination, and at the same time play king-maker. And Cruz's delegates might be satisfied with another former Iowa caucuses victor who fits the #NeverTrump mold. Add to that a little support from Rubio's delegates...now we're cooking with Crisco!

:pigflying right?

I could live with that ^^

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
...And Cruz's delegates might be satisfied with another former Iowa caucuses victor who fits the #NeverTrump mold.....
Sadly the reality is that the Cruz supporters (talk radio, embarrassed evangelical leaders, and "true" conservatives) will never have it. They are more scared of a Huckabee Presidency than a Trump Presidency.

They were successful (MSM, talk radio, and "religious" leaders) in totally ignoring the Gov during the debate time period. No one mentioned him unless it was in a very negative light. Many people did not even realize he was running and those that did bought into the narrative that he did not have a chance, could not raise the money, ....blah, blah, blah.

They realized if they gave him any exposure as they did in 2008 they would create, in their eyes, a monster. They were successful.

With Donald Trump, their strategy was to give him all the exposure they could. It was great for ratings, they knew he would flame out quickly, and he would go the way of Ross Perot...... Whoops!!! They created a monster they cannot slay. Now they all are against Trump. MSM, Talk Radio, GOP Elite, SNL, Black Lives Matter......etc, etc. With enemies like that either Trump is the anti-Christ or Mike Huckabee wrapped in Wolf's Clothing.

I think Gov Huckabee has realized all along how bad the Ted Cruz campaign and candidate is. That is why he did not endorse him which would be the most logical since Cruz is such a "religious" freedom fighter. For whatever reason he has not endorsed Trump but he sure has been defending him.

Huckabee would be by far the most articulate, likable (by the people), and experienced surrogate for Donald Trump. A Vice Presidential debate with the Gov. would be a pay per view event for me. :eatingpopcorn

Getting windy. Had too much free time today and just getting some things off my chest. :mrgreen:

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:15 pm 

Trump calls Rubio, Kasich, Walker potential VP choices:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/04/11/donald-trump-sees-rubio-walker-kasich-in-v-p-pool/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:35 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
Hopefully he will only have to use one of these guys unless he is desperate.

Between Mike Huckabee and Ben Carson he could get 10 additional delegates. Not sure how the rules work, but they may be able to vote on the first ballot at the convention for Trump. It might get him over the hump.

Fortunately Trump is not beholden to the elite GOP, talk radio, some of our "religious" leaders, and "true" conservatives. For this reason I think he will pick the man or woman who will do the very best job on the trail and in office.

In case you have never seen this clip this is from the Veteran's Fundraising in Iowa when Trump skipped the Fox News Debate. It shows the ability of Huckabee to absolutely take over a Trump event but do it in a way that does not denigrate the "top of the ticket" candidate.

It is amazing. :eatingpopcorn

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:37 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
beezwax wrote:
...And Cruz's delegates might be satisfied with another former Iowa caucuses victor who fits the #NeverTrump mold.....
Sadly the reality is that the Cruz supporters (talk radio, embarrassed evangelical leaders, and "true" conservatives) will never have it. They are more scared of a Huckabee Presidency than a Trump Presidency.

They were successful (MSM, talk radio, and "religious" leaders) in totally ignoring the Gov during the debate time period. No one mentioned him unless it was in a very negative light. Many people did not even realize he was running and those that did bought into the narrative that he did not have a chance, could not raise the money, ....blah, blah, blah.

They realized if they gave him any exposure as they did in 2008 they would create, in their eyes, a monster. They were successful.

With Donald Trump, their strategy was to give him all the exposure they could. It was great for ratings, they knew he would flame out quickly, and he would go the way of Ross Perot...... Whoops!!! They created a monster they cannot slay. Now they all are against Trump. MSM, Talk Radio, GOP Elite, SNL, Black Lives Matter......etc, etc. With enemies like that either Trump is the anti-Christ or Mike Huckabee wrapped in Wolf's Clothing.

I think Gov Huckabee has realized all along how bad the Ted Cruz campaign and candidate is. That is why he did not endorse him which would be the most logical since Cruz is such a "religious" freedom fighter. For whatever reason he has not endorsed Trump but he sure has been defending him.

Huckabee would be by far the most articulate, likable (by the people), and experienced surrogate for Donald Trump. A Vice Presidential debate with the Gov. would be a pay per view event for me. :eatingpopcorn

Getting windy. Had too much free time today and just getting some things off my chest. :mrgreen:

Well said, actually. Huckabee made no bones about finding Cruz his "last pick of the bunch" shortly after Cruz was given the blessing of the Family Leader, particularly Bob Vander Plaats. It was a war to coalesce around Cruz, and to thereby also try to take out the most serious contender, Huckabee, whose ratings went from about 15% in June of 2015, down to about 2% by February 1, 2016.