Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:18 pm 
Offline
MODERATOR

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 1017
Likes: 281
Liked: 340
This sounds more like a "John Kasich" to me than a "Mike Huckabee"...

Quote:
Trump did offer some concessions to the realities of being a political novice, saying that he would not pick an outsider like himself as a vice-presidential running mate, but rather, “somebody that can walk into the Senate and who’s been friendly with these guys for 25 years, and people for 25 years. And can get things done. So I would 95 percent see myself picking a political person as opposed to somebody from the outside.”


From this article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-turmoil-or-triumph-donald-trump-stands-alone/2016/04/02/8c0619b6-f8d6-11e5-a3ce-f06b5ba21f33_story.html

_________________
He is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:38 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:13 pm
Posts: 1623
Location: Atlanta, GA
Likes: 177
Liked: 225
Theoretically, Huckabee could fit that mold. He's been know to the Republican party for nearly that long, and was head of the Nat'l Governors Association. I think in this context, he was using 'outsider' to describe someone like himself, or Carson, or Fiorina.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:36 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 4843
Likes: 1173
Liked: 782
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
Theoretically, Huckabee could fit that mold. He's been know to the Republican party for nearly that long, and was head of the Nat'l Governors Association. I think in this context, he was using 'outsider' to describe someone like himself, or Carson, or Fiorina.


Huckabee would be the ideal balance for Trump's style, and he would bring trust to the evangelical community that is saying that faith matters in a leader, even while, sadly, "method" or "deception" do not matter. I believe that certain influential evangelical leaders chose a symbolic conservative--the ambitious debater and lawyer with the smoothly spoken speeches--over the candidate who has actually governed a successful and principled several terms in office, who has done it while retaining his Christian testimony. Rhetoric and money--even that which is taken from dishonest and immoral donors--seemed to matter most. It tipped their scales in favor of Cruz, for that was one of four pillars upon which evangelical leaders chose, putting money over morals. And they are still heavily endorsing Cruz, even while serious rumors of voter fraud and sexual affairs abound. I feel this is the great deception of our evangelical leaders--not to know the candidate they worshipfully endorse, and to choose this world's "unrighteous mammon" over the honor which Huckabee showed in refusing donations from several billionaires who had ties to abortion and gay marriage agendas. (Cruz got this money and more.) Beyond that, none less that Brannon Howse of the Worldview Weekend seminars points to the dangerous globalist ambitions and Dominionist cult beliefs of Rafael, Ted, and Heidi, with their connections to those who would "take the spoils of the wicked and give them to the righteous" (whoever Rafael may define in his own cultist religion called Purifying Fires.) This is as much an indictment on evangelicalism as it is on any candidate. Forever, history will record this fall of American evangelicalism into the pits of earthly, monetary power.

_________________
Image



Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:49 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:13 pm
Posts: 1623
Location: Atlanta, GA
Likes: 177
Liked: 225
I've given this some thought...If Trump DID choose Huckabee as his running mate before the convention, but he failed to win the requisite 1237 delegates, or if there were shenanigans in Cleveland, a scenario could occur where Huckabee could become a consensus nominee. Trump might be satisfied as long as he can deny Cruz the nomination, and at the same time play king-maker. And Cruz's delegates might be satisfied with another former Iowa caucuses victor who fits the #NeverTrump mold. Add to that a little support from Rubio's delegates...now we're cooking with Crisco!

:pigflying right?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:57 pm 
Offline
MODERATOR

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 1017
Likes: 281
Liked: 340
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
I've given this some thought...If Trump DID choose Huckabee as his running mate before the convention, but he failed to win the requisite 1237 delegates, or if there were shenanigans in Cleveland, a scenario could occur where Huckabee could become a consensus nominee. Trump might be satisfied as long as he can deny Cruz the nomination, and at the same time play king-maker. And Cruz's delegates might be satisfied with another former Iowa caucuses victor who fits the #NeverTrump mold. Add to that a little support from Rubio's delegates...now we're cooking with Crisco!

:pigflying right?

I could live with that ^^

_________________
He is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot



Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace
Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:09 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:30 pm
Posts: 1586
Likes: 9
Liked: 72
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
...And Cruz's delegates might be satisfied with another former Iowa caucuses victor who fits the #NeverTrump mold.....
Sadly the reality is that the Cruz supporters (talk radio, embarrassed evangelical leaders, and "true" conservatives) will never have it. They are more scared of a Huckabee Presidency than a Trump Presidency.

They were successful (MSM, talk radio, and "religious" leaders) in totally ignoring the Gov during the debate time period. No one mentioned him unless it was in a very negative light. Many people did not even realize he was running and those that did bought into the narrative that he did not have a chance, could not raise the money, ....blah, blah, blah.

They realized if they gave him any exposure as they did in 2008 they would create, in their eyes, a monster. They were successful.

With Donald Trump, their strategy was to give him all the exposure they could. It was great for ratings, they knew he would flame out quickly, and he would go the way of Ross Perot...... Whoops!!! They created a monster they cannot slay. Now they all are against Trump. MSM, Talk Radio, GOP Elite, SNL, Black Lives Matter......etc, etc. With enemies like that either Trump is the anti-Christ or Mike Huckabee wrapped in Wolf's Clothing.

I think Gov Huckabee has realized all along how bad the Ted Cruz campaign and candidate is. That is why he did not endorse him which would be the most logical since Cruz is such a "religious" freedom fighter. For whatever reason he has not endorsed Trump but he sure has been defending him.

Huckabee would be by far the most articulate, likable (by the people), and experienced surrogate for Donald Trump. A Vice Presidential debate with the Gov. would be a pay per view event for me. :eatingpopcorn

Getting windy. Had too much free time today and just getting some things off my chest. :mrgreen:

_________________
I have my tin foil hat on, wearing it proudly, and will take it off on Inauguration Day 2017. Image

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:15 pm 
Offline
MODERATOR

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Posts: 1017
Likes: 281
Liked: 340
Trump calls Rubio, Kasich, Walker potential VP choices:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/04/11/donald-trump-sees-rubio-walker-kasich-in-v-p-pool/

_________________
He is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:35 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:30 pm
Posts: 1586
Likes: 9
Liked: 72
Hopefully he will only have to use one of these guys unless he is desperate.

Between Mike Huckabee and Ben Carson he could get 10 additional delegates. Not sure how the rules work, but they may be able to vote on the first ballot at the convention for Trump. It might get him over the hump.

Fortunately Trump is not beholden to the elite GOP, talk radio, some of our "religious" leaders, and "true" conservatives. For this reason I think he will pick the man or woman who will do the very best job on the trail and in office.

In case you have never seen this clip this is from the Veteran's Fundraising in Iowa when Trump skipped the Fox News Debate. It shows the ability of Huckabee to absolutely take over a Trump event but do it in a way that does not denigrate the "top of the ticket" candidate.




It is amazing. :eatingpopcorn

_________________
I have my tin foil hat on, wearing it proudly, and will take it off on Inauguration Day 2017. Image

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:37 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 4843
Likes: 1173
Liked: 782
beezwax wrote:
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
...And Cruz's delegates might be satisfied with another former Iowa caucuses victor who fits the #NeverTrump mold.....
Sadly the reality is that the Cruz supporters (talk radio, embarrassed evangelical leaders, and "true" conservatives) will never have it. They are more scared of a Huckabee Presidency than a Trump Presidency.

They were successful (MSM, talk radio, and "religious" leaders) in totally ignoring the Gov during the debate time period. No one mentioned him unless it was in a very negative light. Many people did not even realize he was running and those that did bought into the narrative that he did not have a chance, could not raise the money, ....blah, blah, blah.

They realized if they gave him any exposure as they did in 2008 they would create, in their eyes, a monster. They were successful.

With Donald Trump, their strategy was to give him all the exposure they could. It was great for ratings, they knew he would flame out quickly, and he would go the way of Ross Perot...... Whoops!!! They created a monster they cannot slay. Now they all are against Trump. MSM, Talk Radio, GOP Elite, SNL, Black Lives Matter......etc, etc. With enemies like that either Trump is the anti-Christ or Mike Huckabee wrapped in Wolf's Clothing.

I think Gov Huckabee has realized all along how bad the Ted Cruz campaign and candidate is. That is why he did not endorse him which would be the most logical since Cruz is such a "religious" freedom fighter. For whatever reason he has not endorsed Trump but he sure has been defending him.

Huckabee would be by far the most articulate, likable (by the people), and experienced surrogate for Donald Trump. A Vice Presidential debate with the Gov. would be a pay per view event for me. :eatingpopcorn

Getting windy. Had too much free time today and just getting some things off my chest. :mrgreen:


Well said, actually. Huckabee made no bones about finding Cruz his "last pick of the bunch" shortly after Cruz was given the blessing of the Family Leader, particularly Bob Vander Plaats. It was a war to coalesce around Cruz, and to thereby also try to take out the most serious contender, Huckabee, whose ratings went from about 15% in June of 2015, down to about 2% by February 1, 2016.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY