Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
This is the most negative I have seen Huckabee toward Sen. Ted Cruz. It appears that Gov. Huckabee is tiring of the hypocrisy of Cruz's attacks on Donald Trump.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/huck ... c-90093317

Quote:
Huck to Cruz: It’s a ‘Big Boy Game’
Former Arkansas governor rips Cruz for hypocrisy, whining

by Brendan Kirby

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee tore into Sen. Ted Cruz on Thursday, accusing him of hypocrisy when he claims the moral high ground in his competition with Republican front-runner Donald Trump.

Appearing on “The Laura Ingraham Show,” the former presidential candidate noted that Cruz often accuses Trump of whining about the nomination rules.

“Ted, this is a big boy game. It’s a blood sport,” he said. “I’ve always said to people who told me they were thinking about running for anything, ‘If you can’t stand the sight of your own blood, don’t do it.’ It’s a brutal game … Here’s my problem with Ted Cruz. There is a level of double standard and hypocrisy with what Ted says. He’ll say, ‘I don’t ever say anything bad about my opponent.’ And yet, he does it all the time.”

Huckabee noted that Cruz, for instance, called Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell a liar. He added that Cruz also, without any evidence, accused Trump of planting a story in the National Enquirer alleging marital infidelity by the Texas senator.

Cruz for weeks has been trying to nudge Gov. John Kasich out of the presidential race in order to set up a one-on-one showdown with Trump. His argument is that Kasich has been mathematically eliminated from accumulating a majority of the delegates. But what if Cruz also finds himself by the end of the month without a mathematical possibility of getting to 1,237?

“The question will be, will Ted take his own advice?” he asked.

Huckabee said both of the leading GOP candidates are intelligent, in different ways. But he said Cruz has an off-putting demeanor.

“One is smart in a Harvard kind of way, and the other’s smart in a street kind of way,” he said. “One is academically brilliant. No doubt, Ted Cruz is a brilliant person, has a keen mind and a sharp wit, and all of those things. But you know, there’s also this thing, whenever he talks, he’s the only one, the only person who is a constitutionalist, the only real conservative, the only one fighting the Establishment, the only one who’s the Christian candidate … There’s nobody who’s the only everything.”

Reacting to talk radio host Glenn Beck’s recent likening of Cruz to Moses, Huckabee — a onetime Baptist minister — offered some biblical perspective.

"Glenn might need to remember that Moses never made it to the promised land," he said. "You know, he only saw it from Mt. Nebo, and looked over and never got across the Jordan." he said. "So if, indeed, he’s Moses, that might not be the best depiction and illustration or analogy to attribute to Ted."

Huckabee also offered advice to Trump — focus on the people.

"Nobody really cares about how he’s being treated," he said. "They care about how they’re being treated."

Maybe Mike Huckabee DOES want to be the VP for Trump, after all.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:10 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
justgrace wrote:
:mrgreen:

I remember the drumbeat for the Gov to drop out in 2008. MSM, Talk Radio, Establishment GOP, and even some religious "leaders" were all against Huckabee either pushing John McCain or Romney (as a "true" conservative). :barf

His famous "I Majored in Miracles" speech was in response to this onslaught.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/huckabee-i- ... pping-out/

Now we are seeing the same people (even the MSM) encourage Cruz and Kasich to march onward on a fool's errand all with the purpose of stopping Trump from reaching the magic 1237 number, denying him the nomination at all costs, and with an end result of ripping the Republican Party into shreds.

And the beat goes on....

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

Post by beezwax Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:22 am 

Liked: 340
It will need someone with guts to take out Ted Cruz. But I seriously hope someone does it. It is overly necessary. Eventually it will get out to Conservatives and Christians that Cruz was / is an imposter, and then the damage in trust towards all those Christian and Conservative leaders who supported him, just because he said the right things (but was not right, character-wise) will be great.

Post by Peter has received Likes: 2 christopher.wilkerson, justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:29 am 

justgrace wrote:

I seriously hope he will be Trump's VP. Huckabee "gets" it. Yesterday he posted an article on facebook, how Europe needs a change in mentality, or they will be lost. This is so true (I consider myself 80% German, though I am from 'all over the place', and 50% American, because of my wife).

Trump may not the most conservative, but he is the most common sense. And in a crisis you need need common sense, who tells it like it is, and someone who is from outside the system.

So is Governor Huckabee.

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:52 am 
Site Admin

I agree, Peter. Every day I feel great sadness in seeing my Christian friends falling for every line that Ted Cruz speaks, just because he used great strategy in coming out with sermons from the start and saying that he was the true conservative. His senate filibuster against Obamacare was brilliant, not so much because it accomplished anything good at all, but because it put him on the map as a soldier, a man among men who would fight against government control. We are finding that is anything but the truth. At least a few of us are. He is dangerous because his real goals are much different from the public persona. He and Heidi are tied to the Council on Foreign Relations and are thus pro-immigration and pro-North American Union. (Proof of that is seen in who he has chosen as his foreign policy advisors--all CFR and NSA and Cherftoff group guys) But he is clever in hiding that. Oh, I hate to see my friends and the evangelical movement so deceived!!! I pray they will wake up soon. Yes, Trump is not who I would have picked at first, but I am seeing him more and more as who we may need to turn back the tide of the establishment, which is trying to rig this election in Colorado and other states. Yes, delegates are being stolen every day now. Colorado was just the most egregious.

If Trump does not win on the first ballot, as Huckabee says, there may be rioting and real bullets. The people's anger if their vote is ignored (and they feel "stolen") will arise and the danger at the Cleveland Republican Convention will rise appreciably. The security was huge, "everywhere," tremendous in Tampa in 2012. This year promises to be far more problematic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:54 pm 
***** General

Watching Cruz the last few days justify the "landslide" wins in voterless states makes me really question his integrity. He has sold his soul to the GOP Elite and proven he is more of an insider than John Sununu.

I hope Christians taken in by his pandering will realize what they are voting for.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

Post by beezwax Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:01 pm 

beezwax wrote:
Watching Cruz the last few days justify the "landslide" wins in voterless states makes me really question his integrity. He has sold his soul to the GOP Elite and proven he is more of an insider than John Sununu.

I hope Christians taken in by his pandering will realize what they are voting for.

His recent interview with Hannity was very revealing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:35 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
I feel like this has become an alternate universe.

Cruz is not my dream candidate by any means. But given a choice between him and Donald Trump - a guy who repeatedly says great things about Planned Parenthood, who lies all the time and about everything, who is socially liberal and who hasn't taken the time to educate himself on basic issues - I could not support a candidate like Trump. Regardless of VP.

I'm pretty astounded others don't feel the same way. I see Trump as everything we've ever complained about and then some.

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: cschande

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:37 am 

TheValuesVoter wrote:

Cruz is not my dream candidate by any means. But given a choice between him and Donald Trump - a guy who repeatedly says great things about Planned Parenthood, who lies all the time and about everything, who is socially liberal and who hasn't taken the time to educate himself on basic issues - I could not support a candidate like Trump. Regardless of VP.

I'm pretty astounded others don't feel the same way. I see Trump as everything we've ever complained about and then some.

I guess there is no use debating this issue, since that already has been done ad nauseum.

Trump has many negatives (for a God-fearing, family loving, values conservative) and many positives (for a country-loving, anti-establishment, concerned-about-country-and-world Christian conservative).

Ted Cruz only has negatives (because everything about him is fake; his fundamental life-value is POWER at all cost).

Ted Cruz will discredit and possibly destroy the Christian Conservative movement, should he become president (because of his ruthlessness and lack of principle).
Donald Trump will make a lot of mistakes, do a lot of good, and won't destroy the Christian Conservative movement - because he was never counted as part of the Christian Conservative movement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:51 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
I think Trump's candidacy has already created an incredible schism among Evangelicals. A lot of people, myself included, simply don't understand how others who are pro-life, pro-family, and Bible Believing support Trump. I sincerely don't get it.

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: cschande

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:21 am 
***** General

TheValuesVoter wrote:
I think Trump's candidacy has already created an incredible schism among Evangelicals. A lot of people, myself included, simply don't understand how others who are pro-life, pro-family, and Bible Believing support Trump. I sincerely don't get it.
After the Gov dropped out I was totally confused on who to support. After researching, reading, and watching the candidates left I came to the conclusion that Ted Cruz is not the man he says he is and Donald Trump is not the man the MSM says he is.

When Cruz embraced the Colorado voterless election as a "landslide" it pretty much sealed the deal for me. This man is so desperate to become president he will stop at nothing. It would not surprise me if he has something planned for Cleveland that will change the convention rules to only allow his "landslide" victory delegates to be able to vote.

I would rather vote for the crudest man alive that would keep America from being destroyed than vote for the most polished "family man" politician ever who would sell out America in a heartbeat. We have that now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:20 am 

beezwax wrote:
TheValuesVoter wrote:
After the Gov dropped out I was totally confused on who to support. After researching, reading, and watching the candidates left I came to the conclusion that Ted Cruz is not the man he says he is and Donald Trump is not the man the MSM says he is.

When Cruz embraced the Colorado voterless election as a "landslide" it pretty much sealed the deal for me. This man is so desperate to become president he will stop at nothing. It would not surprise me if he has something planned for Cleveland that will change the convention rules to only allow his "landslide" victory delegates to be able to vote.

I would rather vote for the crudest man alive that would keep America from being destroyed than vote for the most polished "family man" politician ever who would sell out America in a heartbeat. We have that now.

I couldn't agree more.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:03 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
Honestly, my hope was that Cruz would win and then have his eligibility challenged in court. I'm still not convinced he is eligible. There are now two acceptable choices for a conservative to make in the Fall. 1. vote for Trump if he or she truly believes that there is actually a difference between Trump and Clinton (I don't) on the issues we hold most dear. 2. Vote for Gary Johnson who at least supports late term abortion bans, defunding planned parenthood and parental notification. Plus he is pro religious liberty, pro fairtax and would take power away from the Federal govt and return it to the states where it belongs. Either way we are down to voting for the lesser of two or three evils. My hope is that every single conservative that decides not to vote for Trump shows up at the polls and votes for Gary Johnson and enthusiastically supports the Republican candidates for all other offices.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:40 pm 

The hatred from Republican elites for Trump (Romney, Bush and Paul Ryan-types) tells me one thing: He is the right man to break through the system, where there is basically a UniParty in Washington.

My enemy's enemy is my friend.

That a man of integrity like Mike Huckabee is also supportive of Donald Trump is ample confirmation.

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:44 am 
Site Admin

TheValuesVoter wrote:

I completely see where you are coming from TVV and eschande. It is important that as Christian conservatives we oppose Planned Parenthool and fight for the lives of the unborn.

But I would not say all is lost with Donald Trump. He changed from a pro-choice stance in 2011 to a pro-life one. (I wonder if Huckabee's friendship has not accomplished some of the change in Trump!) He saw the value of every life and it's potential. Since then, he has in his own way tried to define himself into a pro-lifer similar to Ronald Reagan. Though he does allow for abortion for rape or "the life of the mother," that is a much narrower definition than for "the life or health of the mother." Consider that as progress. According to Guttmacher's own stats, the reasons given for aborting are almost exclusively because of "inconvenience of having a child." Only about 1% of abortions (yes, still too many!) are given for rape or because the mother would die if allowed to carry her pregnancy to term.

So, you might say Donald Trump is now 99% pro-life, while Hillary Clinton is 100% pro-abortion.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:37 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
justgrace wrote:
So, you might say Donald Trump is now 99% pro-life, while Hillary Clinton is 100% pro-abortion.

No, I'd say Trump is 99% a con artist, and the things that come out of his mouth the 1% of the time he's being genuine should terrify all of us. It saddens me to see so many good people tricked into believing his lies, but it just goes to show that the Left doesn't have a monopoly on the "cult of personality" approach to choosing candidates for the White House.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

cschande wrote:
justgrace wrote:

No, I'd say Trump is 99% a con artist, and the things that come out of his mouth the 1% of the time he's being genuine should terrify all of us. It saddens me to see so many good people tricked into believing his lies, but it just goes to show that the Left doesn't have a monopoly on the "cult of personality" approach to choosing candidates for the White House.

That was just a way to point out that we cannot probably quantify in percentages, can we? With a little humor, friend. What comment from Trump most terrifies you?

Check out Huckabee's comments at mikehuckabee.com page:

Quote:
Is Donald Trump Sincerely ProLife?
By Mike Huckabee

Protecting the lives of unborn children has always been of vital importance to me, and I know that other pro-life conservatives are wrestling with backing Donald Trump because of his previous pro-choice statements. But he made some interesting comments about that to Bill O’Reilly. Trump said he has become pro-life due to a number of situations, one specifically. He declined to name it, but I wonder if having eight grandchildren might have made him rethink what abortion really means. It’s not uncommon for people to experience a sincere change of heart on this issue. But can Trump convince pro-life voters that he is sincere about it?

Whatever his personal reasons, Trump said he will appoint only pro-life judges to the Supreme Court. I hope pro-life voters will take a leap of faith and support Trump and that he will keep his promise to us. There is only one other alternative. And if Hillary Clinton is allowed to become President and appoint Supreme Court Justices, then it's a certainty that the lives of the unborn will have even less protection than the rights and freedoms of those who are already born.

Watch the video of Trump on O’Reilly, then share your opinion below.

For more about Trump's Pro-Life history read this Western Journalism story here.
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/news?ID=4b5 ... 8e87456888

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 4:24 pm 

cschande wrote:
justgrace wrote:

I only started paying attention to Donald Trump once Huckabee was out of the race.

I have found him not to be a con artist. He is not perfect, but I have found him to have a core that genuinely loves America, and is willing to personally sacrifice to ensure its safe and properous future.

After Obama, the world is on the brink of utter chaos, but with Trump, Sessions, Huckabee and others, there is hope.