Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:34 pm 

Liked: 340
Gov. Huckabee is very often not mentioned in these listings. Here is an article that does mention him.

Quote:
Mike Huckabee

The former governor of Arkansas, who was once in the 2016 GOP presidential race, is "all in" for Trump.

In March, BuzzFeed reported that advisers close to Huckabee thought the vice-presidential nod was potentially in the cards.

Of all the former 2016 White House contenders, Huckabee may be closest to Trump ideologically. Huckabee has struck a populist tone on cultural issues and, like Trump, vowed to protect Social Security and Medicare if elected.

Huckabee was coy when asked by Fox News about the possibility of serving as Trump's running mate.

"I don't have any interest in anything unless he were to say he was interested," Huckabee said. "And I have no idea. He's never said anything to me about it. Fact is, I'm moving on with my life."

See the full article: http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-vice-president-vp-picks-2016-7?r=US&IR=T

The elites of both parties hate Trump so much, in my view Trump's VP pick is crucial as a back-up policy, to prevent possible assassination attempts (there already have been two up till now). Meaning, the elites must hate his VP as much or even more. I think Huckabee would fit that description.

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Trump and Huckabee are similar in that they both have refused to take the money of billionaires or millionaires who have strings attached and will expect favors if they win. Of course, Trump had a much bigger treasure chest of his own, so he could keep campaigning longer. And he wasn't hesitant to speak his mind, regardless of any enemies he would make.

I heard Michele Bachman today saying, that though she did not really approve of Donald Trump's behavior and things he says without thinking, he does represent good values, like protecting our religious liberty, the borders, the conservative majority on the Supreme Court and overturning Obamacare. She, in fact, was saying what I have been thinking, that perhaps God is answering our prayers for a presidential candidate by giving us the toughest guy out there (Trump) who is unafraid of going after Hillary and who can beat her. But then, he needs Gov. Huckabee to balance him as his running mate, as he has actually gone up against the Clinton political machine in every race he ran in Arkansas and has (he says with a chuckle) "lived to tell about it."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:54 pm 

justgrace wrote:
Trump and Huckabee are similar in that they both have refused to take the money of billionaires or millionaires who have strings attached and will expect favors if they win. Of course, Trump had a much bigger treasure chest of his own, so he could keep campaigning longer. And he wasn't hesitant to speak his mind, regardless of any enemies he would make.

I heard Michele Bachman today saying, that though she did not really approve of Donald Trump's behavior and things he says without thinking, he does represent good values, like protecting our religious liberty, the borders, the conservative majority on the Supreme Court and overturning Obamacare. She, in fact, was saying what I have been thinking, that perhaps God is answering our prayers for a presidential candidate by giving us the toughest guy out there (Trump) who is unafraid of going after Hillary and who can beat her. But then, he needs Gov. Huckabee to balance him as his running mate, as he has actually gone up against the Clinton political machine in every race he ran in Arkansas and has (he says with a chuckle) "lived to tell about it."

Trump maybe couldn't have run and won eight years ago, after the Bush years - Huckabee with his conciliatory approach and character (vertical politics) was a good fit back then and it is a shame that he didn't get the nomination.

Today, after 8 years, the country is a whole lot different, and in a sense I can understand that people went for a fighter / bull dog like Donald Trump, who has been taking on the incredible corrupt machine that politics and the media are / have become; rather than the more soft-spoken, nice guy Mike Huckabee, although both of them are quite similar with regard to their political platforms, except for social issues.

Maybe after a couple of years of a "bull dog" Trump administration America may be ready for Huckabee's personality and approach once again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:34 am 
Site Admin

My conclusions, exactly, Peter! The timing has changed, so that now we need a brawler who is brave enough to shout Hillary down. And do it with a gusto and fight for "the people" and for America that makes it all rather heroic and honorable. Trump reminds me of a Churchill, I think. But if he would select Gov. Huckabee for V.P., and would pave the way for him to run after Trump staightens out a lot of the mess, Huckabee could finish the job and refine the nation!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:35 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Seems like Pence is in the lead to become Trump's VP. Used to like Pence before he bowed to the LGTB/business roundtable coalition and sunk the religious liberty bill in Indiana. Huck would be a better pick, but I'm not sure Trump is getting the best advice, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

goalieman wrote:
Seems like Pence is in the lead to become Trump's VP. Used to like Pence before he bowed to the LGTB/business roundtable coalition and sunk the religious liberty bill in Indiana. Huck would be a better pick, but I'm not sure Trump is getting the best advice, IMO.

Remember that a couple of weeks ago it was Gingrich that was 95%. And Trump is smart to ask these leaders along on the campaign. Far better to make them feel a part of the team than to alienate them. It is a way to gain support.

In the end, only Donald Trump knows whom he will pick. And when. I wonder if he knows that yet. He likes the surprises. I am still praying it will be Gov. Mike Huckabee, who would make sense in getting Arkansas from the Clintons and in making some of the evangelicals a little happier to vote for him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:02 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
Peter wrote:
Trump maybe couldn't have run and won eight years ago, after the Bush years - Huckabee with his conciliatory approach and character (vertical politics) was a good fit back then and it is a shame that he didn't get the nomination.

Today, after 8 years, the country is a whole lot different, and in a sense I can understand that people went for a fighter / bull dog like Donald Trump, who has been taking on the incredible corrupt machine that politics and the media are / have become; rather than the more soft-spoken, nice guy Mike Huckabee, although both of them are quite similar with regard to their political platforms, except for social issues.

Maybe after a couple of years of a "bull dog" Trump administration America may be ready for Huckabee's personality and approach once again.

It's interesting you say that because when my husband and I were chatting this morning he commented that he didn't believe Huckabee really wanted to be president this time around. I disagreed with him but I wonder if his campaign style this time around caused enough people to feel like he didn't want it bad enough to really fight for it in the general so they went with someone else.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:25 am 

juditupp wrote:
It's interesting you say that because when my husband and I were chatting this morning he commented that he didn't believe Huckabee really wanted to be president this time around. I disagreed with him but I wonder if his campaign style this time around caused enough people to feel like he didn't want it bad enough to really fight for it in the general so they went with someone else.

I think he really wanted to win - just remember his insane campaigning schedule before the Iowa caucus, but was realistic enough to soon realize that this time around just was not going to be his time. Still he gave it all he had, from what I can tell from my humble perspective.

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace