Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Christopher Ruddy writes for NewsMax about the phenomenon of evangelicals still finding it hard to understand Trump and how we may need to judge him differently than the average political candidate. Trump can be charming...I believe that when I see the love and pride he shows his family, and hear the stories of great generosity and politeness he shows when not in front of a crowd.

It is true, says this man who knows him well :

Trump's Bridge-Building

By Christopher Ruddy
Monday, 11 Jul 2016 01:37 PM More Posts by Christopher Ruddy

Quote:
Donald Trump, Bridge Builder

I saw Donald Trump out in Southampton this past weekend.

He looked in prime shape, like a boxer ready to go into the ring.

Reading reports about Donald Trump’s trip to Capitol Hill last week, things didn't go well between the billionaire presumptive nominee and some members of his own party.

Trump has been an amazing builder and businessman over several decades.

He has also proven himself a fairly amazing political figure, in short order.

There is a sense among some he wants to go it alone and Trump even has said he is fighting "two parties" to win the presidency.

Perhaps.

But my feeling from what I hear from many anti-Trumpers is that they actually want to support him, but he has not made them comfortable with his actions so far.

I have seen Trump up close and personal for many years.

Despite the public persona, he can be quite a peacemaker and "bridge-builder" — when he wants to be.

Important for him now is to start naming names of key advisory teams, people well respected by other GOPers.

So far Trump's advisory teams seems either non-existent, farm team players or a hodgepodge of something or another.

Larry Kudlow and Stephen Moore are exceptions — brilliant economists and Trump supporters, as they are.

But Trump needs people of their caliber across the major policy areas of government. Soon.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Ruddy/trump-hill ... z4E8TfMHR3

Profile Send private message