Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
http://www.theledger.com/article/200804 ... s&tc=yahoo

Quote:
Gravitt Enters Crowded Race for District 1 Seat
By Tom Palmer
The Ledger
Write an email to Tom PalmerTom Palmer
Environment Reporter
Dept.: Metro Desk
(863) 802-7535
tom.palmer@theledger.com

BARTOW | Blaine Gravitt has become the fourth candidate to enter the race for the District 1 County Commission seat held by Bob English.

Enlarge

Blaine Gravitt

Related ArticlesLakeland Man to Seek Office
Gifford Challenges English in District 1
English to Seek 2nd Term on Board Gravitt, 31, an estimator for Lane Construction, is a Republican.

He said he decided to become involved in local politics after finishing work in the Mike Huckabee presidential campaign.

He said the main issues are lowering taxes, decreasing government expenditures and promoting economic development.

"We're all having to cut back on spending,'' he said. "We need to help people out and let them keep more of their money.''

Gravitt said he's trying to run a positive campaign based on his goals, rather than specifically running against incumbent and fellow Republican English, who was one of the architects of the 2006 tax increase to pay for infrastructure needs.

In addition to Gravitt and English, other candidates in the race are former county commissioner Don Gifford and political newcomer Jason Brown, both of whom also are Republicans.

Gravitt is a 1999 University of Florida graduate. He and his wife, Melissa, have three children.

He is active in Republican Party politics and the business community. He's a member of the Polk County Young Republicans Club, Polk County Builders Association and Emerge Lakeland.

He is a member of Ardella Baptist Church in Lakeland, where he has lived on and off since the 1990s.

County commissioners serve four-year terms and are paid $40,092 a year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom Palmer can be reached at 863-802-7535 or tom.palmer@theledger.com. His blog on county government is at county.theledger.com.

My favorite part:

Quote:
He said he decided to become involved in local politics after finishing work in the Mike Huckabee presidential campaign.

Isn't that awesome. If anybody wants to help him, I'm sure he could use phone calling on his behalf or financial support. We can at least put positive comments on this story. I don't know how we could reach him at this point though.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:48 pm 
General

Liked: 0
David, do you have a link to his website or an email for him? We could get some workers on it.

Blog: http://blog.f3coalition.org

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:05 pm 
Colonel

That's wonderful....! :D
I hope he'll get elected.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:14 pm 
General

Liked: 52
vickistg wrote:
David, do you have a link to his website or an email for him? We could get some workers on it.

I emailed Tom Palmer (who wrote the article) to ask for his (Mr. Gravitt's) contact info (website/email or phone). He replied that "he told me he will let me know when he sets up a web site" and also gave me Mr. Gravitt's home phone number which he said is listed on the supervisor of elections site.

BTW, he is not the only Huckabee supporter running for a local office! Brian Snow today on mh.com stated the following:
Quote:
Even as I write this to you, four members of my Sacramento for Huckabee Meetup Group – political newbies, mind you - are running for political office: three for County Central Committee and one for City Council. This is the way to make a constructive difference for good all around.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:26 pm 

Wow!, Thanks David, Vicki, Okonomiyaki, Mary and all of HucksArmy. It would be an honor to have your support in this campaign. Like Huckabee himself, we are facing some well financed campaigns and will be relying on our grassroots volunteers and contibuters to help spread the message. Please stay tuned, our website http://www.Gravitt08.com will be live soon. In the mean time, please feel free to contact the campaign directly at vote4gravitt@gmail.com.

Thank you all again for the support and spreading the word about our campaign.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:27 pm 
***** General

Nice Blaine! Thanks for the contact info.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 40
bgravitt wrote:
Wow!, Thanks David, Vicki, Okonomiyaki, Mary and all of HucksArmy. It would be an honor to have your support in this campaign. Like Huckabee himself, we are facing some well financed campaigns and will be relying on our grassroots volunteers and contibuters to help spread the message. Please stay tuned, our website http://www.Gravitt08.com will be live soon. In the mean time, please feel free to contact the campaign directly at vote4gravitt@gmail.com.

Thank you all again for the support and spreading the word about our campaign.

Welcome, thanks for joining HucksArmy - keep us posted!

Donna-Jean (in NJ)

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:10 pm 

I just wanted to update everyone about the campaign. Our website went live yesterday and we are gaining momentum. I hope you all can take the time to visit the website and let me know what you think. Don't forget to check out the article in the news section. Thanks to all in advance.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:34 pm 
***** General

I like the site.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:06 am 

Thanks David, and to everyone else for the positive feedback. I am glad to see that this forum is still buzzing with activity. I review it daily for Huckabee updates and for the wealth of information that is discussed here. Keep up the good work.