Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
I just learned about Charles Van Zant from another member of the NE Florida meetup group. He spoke with Charles tonight and said that he is running on a platform of Faith, Family, and Freedom so he sounds like a very good candidate to look into supporting. I am not in his district, but it is within easy driving distance of me.

Here is his website:

http://www.vanzant08.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:30 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
I took a quick look at his website... Looks good, but like it still needs more updating on issues and such.

Maybe this would be another good candidate for HuckPac.

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
Someone needs to get this guy passed along to HuckPAC.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:14 pm 
***** General

I just sent a message to HuckPAC to ask that he be considered for support. We will see what comes of it. It wouldn't hurt to have multiple people contact them about Charles.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:02 pm 

Liked: 0
I just went to one of Charles' events this weekend. He's a solid candidate for sure. Can you tell me how to contact HuckPac I'd like to help get Charles in there, too.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:35 pm 
***** General

There are several options here:
http://my.huckpac.com/?FuseAction=ContactUs.Home

I would try the webmaster, but you can also make a phone call, send a letter, or try one of the other email addresses on that page.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:42 am 

Liked: 0
Great, thanks! I don't know if anyone is in the listening area, but Charles will be on 97.3 the Sky around 4pm today. You can also listen online at http://www.thesky973.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:35 pm 
***** General

Kelsey, any update? I didn't get a chance to listen.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:00 pm 
***** General

This won't be pertinent to most but for those interested in this particular candidate and race here is some news about him being attacked. I was encouraged to learn that he supports the Fair Tax.

Quote:
Dear Friends and Supporters (We're sending this to everybody, but we want you to personally read this!):

- We're writing you to let you know that someone else's campaign (as yet unknown whose campaign it was) recently did some telephone polling and directed questions about Charles Van Zant and ended those questions by ultimately asking something along the lines of, "Would you vote for Charles if you knew he didn't pay taxes for five years?"

- We know this because one of our supporter's friends actually had this happen to her and she then relayed this to us. That is why we are sharing this with you, so you can know what is going on and share the truth with folks if you are asked.

- Incidentally, although you'll know this from the attached message, Charles, himself, had developed a press release for distribution talking about his support for the FAIR TAX Plan before we ever learned of the misleading polling. In it Charles had included information about what has been twisted and treated falsely in the telephone poll. So, please read the attached message so you can be prepared to answer ugly and false misrepresentations by the opposition.

- Thanks, and thanks for all you do, have done and will do on behalf of the campaign!

Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Van Zant: Taxes need to be Lower, Simpler, & Fairer. Real tax relief is needed.

In commenting on our over burdensome tax system, Charles Van Zant, candidate for Florida's House Seat 21, gave his opinion on the Fair Tax and tax reform. Recalling his own experience dealing with the IRS many years ago, Van Zant expressed his desire for federal, state, and local governments to look at all tax reform ideas that would lessen the burden on taxpayers.

"Twenty or so years ago, my family was in substantial debt as many families are today. My first wife had become sick with cancer and subsequently paralyzed from the neck down. Insurance didn't cover many of those bills, so I worked night and day to keep my family afloat for the nine years of her illness. Afterwards, I kept that work pace up for another ten years or so to get us caught up financially. During this time, I just sent payments to the IRS without annual filings. Finally, after around 5 years, they (the IRS) contacted me and basically said we've got money in our account for you without the paperwork. Long story made short, I ended up in court with the IRS and finally got everything straightened out, and the case was dismissed. Afterwards, the IRS discovered I had actually overpaid, which resulted in them sending me a check for money that they owed me. This proves that not only is the IRS too complicated for average citizens to fully understand, but it proves that the IRS is too complicated for them to understand their own system.”

"This situation had a good ending for me, but what about the many good citizens who are in the same or similar struggles at any given time? Had the Fair Tax or other tax reform systems been in place, we would not have had to deal with the red tape that comes with the over-burdensome IRS.”

“Every tax reform option should be on the table. Florida has been an example of how a sales tax can work; however, we must address the inequities that still exist in our skyrocketing property taxes. With fuel prices affecting everything from food to other household items, Floridians need a tax break that is real, and that is fair, and I will take that fight to Tallahassee when I am elected to the Florida House of Representatives.”