Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Obama's Long Coattails
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:02 am 
Major

Liked: 0
In Rockdale County, GA, where I am both a resident and a deputy sheriff, the local GOP was all but wiped out by people voting a straight ticket. Rockdale was long a Republican stronghold, but after Oprah featured it on her program as a "best kept secret" - it was a great place to live and raise a family - that changed dramatically.

My boss kept his job - and I feel it is because he ran an active campaign - getting his message out into the community. However, other Republicans did not fare so well. One of the commissioners - who was doing an outstanding job - lost his re-election bid to a man named Oz Nesbitt. I won't say a word against Nesbitt, but feel free to Google him and you will be amazed that he got so far! Truly an inspiring story for those who feel that they are not even suited to collect trash or scrape up dead animals off the highway - by riding coattails like Obama's you can run for office - and win!!!

The Rockdale Republicans is having a planning meeting this weekend to examine what went wrong and what needs to be done. They are citing a "weak ticket at the top" for the reason that 30% of registered voters - many of them Republicans - stayed home on the 4th.

Had Huckabee been on the ticket, there would have been a lot more excitement around here - during the primaries you couldn't get far without seeing dozens of Huckabee signs and stickers.

http://www.rockdalecitizen.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=2&ArticleID=5041