Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:09 pm 
General

Liked: 3
A new Public Policy Polling survey in Virginia finds that Creigh Deeds' (D) post-primary bounce appears to have worn out and Bob McDonnell (R) now holds a 49% to 43% lead in this fall's gubernatorial race.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2009/ ... ginia.html

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:47 pm 
***** General

Liked: 31
Are we doing anything to help him right now? This election will be here before we know it.........

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
Very good news. If you look at the data (linked to a PDF file) all the huckPAC endorsed candidates are leading their races!

And stay tuned ...we will definitely be doing something to help very soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:38 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
I'm happy to report that in Virginia, ALL THREE GOP CANDIDATES ARE AHEAD IN THE LATEST POLL! (Yes, I'm shouting!) :-)

http://tinyurl.com/nun8mn

From POLITICO.com

Quote:
Poll: GOP state candidates lead in Va.

Republican candidates hold leads in all three of Virginia’s 2009 statewide races, according to a new poll released Tuesday.

Former state Attorney General Bob McDonnell leads State Sen. Creigh Deeds 49 percent to 43 percent in the state’s gubernatorial race, according to an automated poll released by Public Policy Polling. Eight percent were undecided.

In the contests for lieutenant governor and attorney general, GOP nominees also led their Democratic opponents by margins outside the poll’s 4-percentage-point margin of error. The poll, conducted June 30 to July 2, surveyed 617 likely general election voters.

Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling leads challenger Jody Wagner, formerly the state’s secretary of finance, in his reelection bid by 46 percent to 40 percent, with 13 percent undecided. In the attorney general’s race, state Sen. Ken Cuccinelli leads Del. Steve Shannon 45 percent to 38 percent, with 18 percent undecided.

The surge of support for Deeds that followed his June 9 primary win appears to have receded – a Rasmussen Reports poll conducted just after the primary showed Deeds leading McDonnell by six percentage points. That lead diminished to four percentage points by June 15, according to a poll commissioned by the Democratic Governors Association.

The PPP poll showed McDonnell leading Deeds among voters who do not identify with either of the two major parties, 54 percent to 33 percent, with 14 percent undecided. But Deeds’ strong Democratic support – he pulls 86 percent of his own party, with only 4 percent voicing support for McDonnell –suggests that the party has united against the Republican following Virginia’s bruising, three-way Democratic primary.

McDonnell is viewed favorably by 51 percent, compared to 32 percent who hold an unfavorable opinion. Deeds has a 48 percent favorability rating, with 29 percent holding an unfavorable opinion.

© 2009 Capitol News Company, LLC

I'm glad Mike Huckabee has endorsed these fine pro-life leaders. They need the funds badly! Ken Cuccinelli is running for Atty General, and is waaaay behind his Democrat opponent in fundraising, due to the fact that Cuccinelli had to put up a primary fight against not one, but two opponents (who were soundly defeated at the state convention).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:54 pm 
***** General

steves wrote:
Are we doing anything to help him right now? This election will be here before we know it.........

Virginia's Republican candidate for governor, Bob McDonnell, leads Democratic challenger, Creigh Deeds, 44%-41% in a new Rasmussen poll.

Some good news and bad news for McDonnell as you look deeper in the numbers.

The good news is that voters put greater trust in him on taxes and government spending. And those issues are bound to gain salience.

Bad news is that Creigh Deeds is still only pulling 79% of Democratic support, while McDonnell takes 85% of Republican support. That means Deeds has a higher partisan ceiling, and as the election nears, it's likely Dems will fall in line.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:23 pm 
***** General

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virgin ... nnell.html
BET Co-Founder Backs McDonnell
Sheila Johnson, the founder of Black Entertainment Television and the former chairwoman of Democratic Virginia Gov. Timothy M. Kaine's inaugural committee, crossed party lines today to endorse Republican Bob McDonnell as Kaine's successor, arguing that McDonnell would do a better job of spurring economic development in Virginia.

Her nod comes as McDonnell and Democratic gubernatorial candidate state Sen. R. Creigh Deeds compete furiously to capture support from Virginia's moderate business community. It is a constituency that was lured from the GOP by former Gov. Mark Warner, who persuaded executives that he would bring his business acumen -- honed in Virginia's telecommunications industry -- to efficiently manage state government.

Johnson, who has been Kaine's second largest individual donor and has contributed more than $600,000 to Kaine since 2000 (Adding Feathers to Her Cap -- Post, January 2006), said her decision came after meeting with both Deeds and McDonnell and coming to the conclusion that McDonnell would be more likely to right Virginia's ailing economy.

"I know them both well, and I just want to say from the very beginning, Bob McDonnell has had his pulse on the state of the economy that's facing Virginia right now. He understands that we need jobs, jobs, jobs," Johnson said. "I have been a life-long Democrat -- I will always be a Democrat -- but as a Democrat, I am really impressed with this Republican candidate."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:44 pm 
***** General

Now that's a huge endorsement right there. Wow.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
This is WhatsNotToLike's daughter, Hannah, reporting from the Allegheny Mountains of western VA.

Wow this is GREAT news! I mean ALL THREE candidates!!! :D :shock: :D :shock:

We actually saw Bill Bolling on the 18th. We got to talk with him briefly [he and his wife walked in the door right after we did] :)

He is a good speaker. He told us that his roots run deep in rural VA. He was raised in a coal-mining town in SW Va. It was very enjoyable to hear him speak.

I did get some of it on video but I'm still waiting for dad to show us how to transfer a video onto the Internet. But looking through that little screen I couldn't help but think, "Wow, I never realized how much he looks like Mike."

The first time he got up and spoke [while we were waiting for the food] he spoke for about 10 minutes. When he was done mom looked at me and leaned over and whispered "Huckabee" I nodded and whispered "Uh-Huh." What he had been saying sounded like an echo of Mike! :lol: Of course, most of the talk was about the economy. But he pointed out many reasons why we have reason to hope in VA.

We were also able to get some yard signs and bumper stickers. One of the yard signs is in the front yard right now, and the bumper stickers are on our green Huckascursion. [Formerly a Ford Excursion] :wink:

God bless,

Hannah a.k.a. Emily

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:09 pm 
General

Liked: 3
Public Policy New Poll
Tuesday, August 4, 2009

McDonnell leads by 14

Bob McDonnell has opened up a 51-37 lead over Creigh Deeds in the race to be Virginia's next Governor, up from a 49-43 advantage four weeks ago.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com ... by-14.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:40 pm 
***** General

Very interesting news.

There was a Strategic Vision poll done a few weeks back that showed a double-digit lead for McDonnell. It was sort of a drastic shift from the close race in previous polls. Now we can see that the shift is a real trend and not just a fluke. What has caused this trend? I am not exactly sure. However I think I can make a good guess. I can only see one reason for such a quick shift and that is the tide has turned in the political environment, not just in Virginia, but in the country as a whole. It can be seen in the Tea Parties, protests, and angry citizens gathering at town halls all across the country. We are not happy with the direction things are headed and we are not taking it sitting down.

EDIT - On the blog is a link to the cross-tabs and the other state-wide races show a similar result. All of our candidates are winning by double digits if the election was held today! AMAZING!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:42 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
BDBopper wrote:
Very interesting news. ...
On the blog is a link to the cross-tabs and the other state-wide races show a similar result. All of our candidates are winning by double digits if the election was held today! AMAZING!

VERRRRRY interesting!!! And encouraging. You know, the MSM has so downplayed the Tea Parties.... and even Fox news never mentions them anymore... but I think they were a real eye-opener to ordinary Americans who weren't paying much attention until Obama got into office and Pelosi/Reid started their radical agenda in earnest. (The comments I hear from people are along the lines of, "Gosh, so many attacks on so many fronts, and SO fast!!")

I don't know how much turnout there was at the July Tea parties, perhaps because it is a big holiday for going to the beach, traveling, etc. BUT.... mark your calendars NOW for the Sept. 12 HUGE Tea Party rally on the National Mall in Washington, DC!! And bring all your friends!! Make it a vacation with a purpose!

While you're here, be sure to visit the new World War II memorial. It's a MUST see. Read the tremendously inspiring quotes that are emblazoned on it. Wow. You'll get chills and fresh courage simulatenously!