Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:43 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 1
This is why I hesitate to say I'm a republican. :evil: Another broken family :cry:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-duvall10-2009sep10,0,2300584.story

Quote:
The Capitol Resource Institute, a conservative, self-described "pro-family" advocacy organization that had given Duvall a "100%" score for his voting record on issues of concern to the group, denounced the lawmaker in a statement today. .

"It is always disappointing when a champion of traditional values does not practice the same in his private life," said Karen England, executive director of CRI. "And this appears to be the case with Assemblyman Duvall."

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I understand your frustration, but I think it's more like "This is why I hesitate to say I'm a fallen human being" - the company stinks.

The only difference between the deviant Republicans & the deviant Democrats is that the former is still shamed & brought down when the truth comes out whereas the latter is patted on the back & defended when the truth comes out.

That's actually one of the differences that keeps me with the Republican party. I expect politicians to be tempted & fall - it's what the party does in response that makes the difference as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:34 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
I am glad he resigned. It was the only thing to do.

Someone needs to talk to Mark Sanford and get him to resign before they haul him off kicking and screaming like they did with our former Gov Rod here in Illinois.

Political Office Holders need to live by a higher standard. Hypocrisy is not to be tolerated.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four