Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:29 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 0
Strike one up for Liberty! Rand Paul is quickly closing on the party's pick Trey Grayson. He raised over 1,000,000 dollars for the third quarter, almost 400,000 more than Secretary Grayson. I encourage you all to help in this push! We can do this!!!

http://www.randpaul2010.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:11 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

I would respectfully disagree. I am supporting Bill Johnson in this race. If you visit http://kentuckybill.com/, click on the Issues tab, you will notice that he lines up 100% with Mike Huckabee, especially on the Fairtax and Israel.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:02 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
Does anyone know whether Rand is a Huckabee supporter? I would be surprised if Chip would work actively to get someone elected who was not a supporter of Gov. Hukabee but stranger things have happened.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
nrobyar wrote:
Does anyone know whether Rand is a Huckabee supporter? I would be surprised if Chip would work actively to get someone elected who was not a supporter of Gov. Hukabee but stranger things have happened.

I know Mike and the Paul's, and the Pauls are no Mike Huckabee nor do they believe in hardley anyhing that Mike believes in. The Paul's are way too Libertian and third party leaning for Mike to ever consider supporting the Paul's. Don't you remember all the times during the debate that Mike took Ron Paul to Task on several of his Libertian and anit war views. Mike wants to Save the Republican Party from the inside out by electing strong Real Ronald Reagan Republican canidates to office, not try and use this disappoval of DC as a way to start a third party movement and let the Dems win with 42% of the vote as happened with Bill Clinton and Ross Perot as a third party canididate.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:35 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Paul endorsed by CWA, Gun Owners Of America and economist Steve Forbes.
He's leading Grayson by 19 points in the late Dec.PPP poll.
Johnson polls at 2% in all independent polls.
In the Survey USA poll in Nov. Johnson received 2% of the pro life vote
and 4% of the pro choice vote.
The majority of Johnson's financial support, like Romney's, came from loans to himself. Interestingly, even with a nation-wide network of supporters, Dr. Rand Paul has actually had the most Kentucky donors of all the candidates last quarter.
Johnson is polling worse than Paul's father ever did in the 08 Pres. primary.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:04 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
melopa wrote:
Paul endorsed by CWA, Gun Owners Of America and economist Steve Forbes.
He's leading Grayson by 19 points in the late Dec.PPP poll.
Johnson polls at 2% in all independent polls.
In the Survey USA poll in Nov. Johnson received 2% of the pro life vote
and 4% of the pro choice vote.
The majority of Johnson's financial support, like Romney's, came from loans to himself. Interestingly, even with a nation-wide network of supporters, Dr. Rand Paul has actually had the most Kentucky donors of all the candidates last quarter.
Johnson is polling worse than Paul's father ever did in the 08 Pres. primary.

Rand Paul' good showing in small minor polls (a poll which show almost a 50% undicided vote is almost meanless) no poll has any bearing on how his views and opinions agrees with Mike Huckabee's, Paul and his strong Liberitian view gives the states the to right to decide to allow aborations or not. The perpose of he Federal government is to Guarantee Live Liberity and the persuit of happpiness.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:08 am 
Field Marshal

Though Chip Saltsman has been brought on the Rand Paul Campaign, I do not believe the case can be made that his association with Rand Paul could constitute any kind of an endorsement of Rand Paul by Mike Huckabee.

I can assure you, there is no way Mike Huckabee would ever support the Pauls' in their liberterian, nationalistic, ~bring the troops home now~ views.
If anything, I believe Paul has brought Chip Saltsman onboard to soften the image of some of his liberterian views thus attempting to move away from the fringe and more toward the center.

Knowing Mike as I know him, if anyone mirrors Mike Huckabee more in this race it is the candidate Bill Johnson. You can find out more about his platform and position on the issues at http://www.kentuckybill.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:18 am 
Lieutenant General

I repeat Johnson is polling worse than Dr Ron Paul ever did in the 08 Pres. primary.
He never gets more than 2% in any independent poll. He's even less electable than was Ron Paul during any time of the 08 Pres. primary.
Bill J had to self-finance, since he as of yet has no supporters.
I can understand you all supporting him so go for it, give him a chance, but be realistic.
How many here have donated any significant (over $100) amount to him?
If you believe in him, get your wallets out and donate...
This is what it is all about. Any support you give him will enable more non party picked alternatives. I would welcome that here in PA. I do like Bill J. being ex military. It was what appealed to me about Dr. Ron Paul.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:26 am 
Lieutenant General

And Dr. Rand Paul has not hired Chip Saltsman. I wish he had though. Chip is good. Maybe Bill J can hire him. Does he work cheap?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:04 am 
Field Marshal

Actually, I don't believe I stated Saltsman as being hired but he has been retained in a consultant / advisory capacity for Paul.

Polls at best, are very tenuous...but just as a reminder, Mike Huckabee also was polling only somewhere around 3% in Iowa prior to the Iowa Straw Poll.
In only one month he turned pollsters on their heads with his quantam leap to finish a respectable second place behind Romney.

I predict you will see the same quantum leap in Bill Johnson's popularity and numbers....and rather than one month, there are 4 months and change...plenty of time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:20 am 
Lieutenant General

Not as a consultant either. They spoke by phone but no offer was given.
Just a friendly conversation, I guess.
There are still 5 months to go. Not nearly as far off as was the Straw Poll. Ron Paul was polling the same before the straw poll too. But at least He was getting very good financial support by then. We were hopeful back then too. Dr. Ron Paul's low poll numbers were why I'm supporting Mike this time. You all get to it and see that Bill gets some donations. That will be a start and maybe encourage him. I am just preparing you. I could not see it back in '07. If I was back in the situation again, I would not face it either. Follow your passions, maybe if you all get to it you will not feel the let down come primary time. Anything is possible, but you must step forward to give it a fair shot. Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:33 am 
Lieutenant General

Maybe if Bill J can address the globalist CFR, as Mike did in Sep '07, he too can be catapulted to the top. However, they had no idea that the boost would become a landslide (thanks to Mike''s abilities). Once it did, Mike was under similar attack tactics by the MSM. I could not trust anyone except Mike to get that close to CFR scum and not be affected due to his integrity. Hence why I feel
I can support him and none of the other "electable" ones.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:55 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Rand Paul is losing support as we type. The Libertarian wing is furious with him over his gag order to not talk negative about Mitch McConnell. They also see his getting soft on very Libertarian issues. One of his staffers resigned earlier this week over these issues.

I just found Bill Johnson this week, never heard of him before. He just needs more exposure and he will skyrocket in the polls. I have been bombarding all 1300 of my Facebook friends with his info and asking them to do the same. I contacted him earlier this week and advised him to create videos for Youtube discussing each of the issue, just as Mike Huckabee did. I have emailed the staff at Huck Pac and asked them to urge Mike to endorse Bill Johnson as soon as possible. There is talk that Sarah Palin is going to be endorsing several candidates this month and one would have to think that Bill Johnson is one of those candidates.

I really believe that Bill's stock is getting ready rise, in a very big way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:20 am 
Lieutenant General

Rand Paul is losing support as we type. The Libertarian wing is furious with him over his gag order to not talk negative about Mitch McConnell. They also see his getting soft on very Libertarian issues. One of his staffers resigned earlier this week over these issues.

He's not really depending on that wing. In fact most on the forums are somewhat furious with cristi gillespi. This only distances Rand from the way out libertarians Huck decries, while not affecting the Ron Paul Republican types Mike stated that he was not lumping with the more hardcore libertarians.
In any case, if Paul was depending on libertarian voters, they're quite rare in KY and he could have not climbed as far as he did in the independent polls on their small numbers.
What this did is cement him as more of the Constitutional conservative he is, and a more mainstream Republican. If he trails the other Republicans in fundraising when the reports come out later this month (very unlikely), that could be evidence of a drop in libertarian support, since these mainly comprise the online grassroots engine that has broken many fundraising records.
If he would subsequently lag in funds, it could become a factor . I will await the other not so transparent candidates to be forced to reveal their numbers later this month. The revelation of him as more mainstream Republican can only help him vote wise. And better ease any establishment fears that he would be as much as a rebel, but maybe more a maverick compared to his dad.
I'm not in KY, but if Dr. Rand Paul were not in the race, I could see Bill J as a much better choice than Aspen Institute alumni Trey Grayson.
I see the really hardcore libertarians shying away from Paul as a sign that the apple has fallen a comfortable distance from the tree in Rand's case.
btw,
The "gag order", as you called it, did not only refer to Mitch but Republicans in general. Something Huck would heartily agree with, I dare say.