Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Illinois - questions
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:06 pm 

Liked: 152
My old laptop died and my dinosaur desk top is having problems. I just bought a new lap top last week. Illinois primaries are coming up soon and I have no idea who's the best candidates to vote for. Any discussion would be appreciated. I remember reading that some flake filed a lawsuit against Huckabee for speaking at an engagement in IL claiming he was supporting a candidate at a non profit function... I never figured out who the candidate was that Huckabee was supposed to be supporting :?

Has any fellow Illinoisans decided who they are supporting for Gov. and Senate races :?:

I know I'll continue supporting my Representative, Don Manzullo.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Illinois - questions
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:33 pm 
General

Liked: 3
It's sad to say I have not followed Illinois politics as I should. There is a Rasmussen report comparing the chances of Rep runners against the Dems' (not good) I only know of Bill Brady and he fairs the worst of the three. It would appear we are heading for another Democrat for Governor.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... p_hopefuls

The top two Democratic hopefuls in Illinois’ 2010 race for governor both beat three leading Republican challengers in the latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely voters in the state.

But state Comptroller Daniel Hynes, who hopes to wrest the Democratic nomination from Governor Pat Quinn, runs slightly stronger against all three Republicans. Among just Democratic voters, Hynes draws slightly more support than Quinn.

In a generic Illinois gubernatorial ballot match-up in October, a Democratic candidate held a 43% to 37% edge over a Republican.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

Quinn, who became governor in January following the impeachment of Rod Blagojevich, beats former state Republican Party Chairman Andy McKenna 41% to 33%. Hynes bests McKenna by even more, 43% to 30%.

Against GOP State Senator Kirk Dillard, Quinn wins 41% to 30%. But Hyines takes Dillard 42% to 29%.

State Senator Bill Brady, who unsuccessfully sought the GOP gubernatorial nomination in 2006, fares the worst of the three Republicans. He loses to Quinn by 15 points – 45% to 30% - and to Hynes by 19 – 46% to 27%.

Around 20% of voters remain undecided in all of Hynes’ match-ups, with slightly fewer saying the same when Quinn is the Democrat in the race.

Both parties will pick their candidates in primaries on February 2.

Quinn is viewed favorably by 52% and unfavorably by 44%. Just five percent (5%) have no opinion of the incumbent governor. Fifty-two percent (52%) also have a favorable view of Hynes, while 30% regard him unfavorably. But 18% don’t know enough about him to venture even a soft favorable or unfavorable opinion.

McKenna has the highest favorables (42%) among the GOP candidates, while 34% view him

unfavorably. Thirty-eight percent (38%) have a favorable opinion of Dillard, with another 36% who see him unfavorably. Brady is regarded favorably by 36% and unfavorably by 37%.

But roughly one-in-four Illinois voters don’t know any of the Republican contenders well enough to express an opinion of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:38 pm 
General

There is a similar article for US Senate in IL

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... e_election

[i]Democratic State Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias has now crept past Republican Congressman Mark Kirk in Illinois’ 2010 race for the U.S. Senate, and other Democratic hopefuls are closing the gap.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Illinois voters finds Giannoulias ahead of Kirk 42% to 39%. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and 15% are undecided.

In October, the two men were tied at 41% each. In mid-August, Kirk held a modest 41% to 38% lead over Giannoulias.

Kirk remains ahead of another Democratic hopeful, Cheryle Jackson, president of the Chicago Urban League and a former top aide to disgraced Governor Rod Blagojevich, but his lead has shrunk dramatically. Ahead of Jackson by 17 points – 47% to 30% - in August, he now leads just 42% to 39%. Four percent (4%) like another candidate, and 15% are not sure.

It would appear that Mark Kirk is NOT a social conservative

http://www.kirkforsenate.com/?page_id=2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:22 pm 

I've been looking at some of the voter's guides posted at http://www.illinoisrighttolife.org/CandidateInformation.htm

I've totally ruled out Kirk (running for US Senate) due to his answers on the Illinois Family Institute guide at http://www.illinoisfamily.org/content/img/f34670/ifi-vg-primary2010.pdf

I've also ruled out Andy Martin for that seat due to his frivolous law suit against Huckabee.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:02 pm 

Had a Facebook chat with Brian Donegan after seeing he is a fan of Adam Andrzejewski for Governor of IL. Just a little tidbit of info that other Huckabee supporters might be interested in: Adam Andrzejewski was smart enough to be at Huckabee's book signing in Naperville, IL to hand out push cards. Adam will get my vote on Feb. 2nd.

I've also decided on William J Kelly for Comptroller. Still researching the US Senate candidates.

Illinois changed our primaries to early Feb. so we could join the Super Tuesday elections in 2008. We don't have near as much time to decide as we used to.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:03 pm 
General

Here is a votor guide for Illinois

http://www.illinoisfamily.org/news/cont ... sp?c=34669