Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:26 am 
***** General

Liked: 3
Christopher Rants is one of the other guys running for Governor in the state of Iowa. While I prefer Vanderplaats's much stronger stance on what he would do as Governor, I appreciate Chris's stance on forcing the lawmakers to vote on the marriage issue, the Iowa Dems just refused to even look at this year.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/articl ... riage-vote

Quote:
As governor, Rep. Chris Rants would be willing to veto any bill, including the budget, until lawmakers vote on giving Iowans the opportunity to amend the constitution to define marriage.

"I would not let the Legislature adjourn until they had a straight up-or-down vote on that issue," said Rants, a Sioux City Republican seeking the party's nomination for governor.

A key fighting point in the four-way battle for the GOP nomination for governor is how best to ensure Iowans get the opportunity to vote on a constitutional amendment specifying marriage between one man and one woman as the only legal union that is valid or recognized in the state.

Rants said he would make it clear during the campaign and in meetings with legislative leaders that he would hold the Legislature in session until lawmakers voted on whether the issue should be placed on the ballot.

Profile Send private message