Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rick Perry
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:25 am 
Captain

Liked: 3
Of all the second tier prospects out there for 2012: Pawlenty, Daniels, Thune, etc. I have always been of the opinion that Rick Perry's the strongest candidate. However, he's almost never mentioned in primary talk. That's changed in the past couple days since he won his own state primary. But I've always felt he has the national prominence to compete with Huck, Palin and Romney if he ever put his mind to it -- much more than someone like Pawlenty IMO. I also feel that Romney makes the religious right squeemish while Palin makes many GOPers in general squeamish. But I don't feel Perry would have either of those problems. I don't know a lot about him personally, but I just wanted to get y'all's thoughts. Could he eventually be Huck's primary threat?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Rick Perry
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:33 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
noser3 wrote:
Of all the second tier prospects out there for 2012: Pawlenty, Daniels, Thune, etc. I have always been of the opinion that Rick Perry's the strongest candidate. However, he's almost never mentioned in primary talk. That's changed in the past couple days since he won his own state primary. But I've always felt he has the national prominence to compete with Huck, Palin and Romney if he ever put his mind to it -- much more than someone like Pawlenty IMO. I also feel that Romney makes the religious right squeemish while Palin makes many GOPers in general squeamish. But I don't feel Perry would have either of those problems. I don't know a lot about him personally, but I just wanted to get y'all's thoughts. Could he eventually be Huck's primary threat?

I would not in the least be concerned about Rick Perry being a threat to Mike Huckabee. Remember, of course, that Perry endorsed McCain for President in 2008 when there were Republican candidates other than McCain to pick from. And I think that came after he endorsed Giuliani. Just the thing to fire up the conservative masses, right?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:12 pm 
Major General

Liked: 2
Perry faces his own problems in 2010. A recent poll has him up by only 6 points against the former Mayor of Dallas: http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time.com/2010/03/04/tx-gov-poll-first-post-primary-poll-shows-perry-6/

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. – Psalm 119:45

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:39 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Palin/Perry
Catchy, Sounds like the name of some new brand of champagne.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:57 pm 
*** General

Liked: 43
The most awesome Perry moment ever:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:31 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
An out of nowhere lady spent 1/40th of what Perry and Kay Baily spent and
got almost 19% of the vote. She was polling at 24% before the Glenn Beck interview and the much too quick to believe response (less than 1 hr) of Perry and KBH campaigns robo-calling all of Texas with the news of it.
After that it did not matter what happened. Before the interview she was gaining 5 points a week. It's all over now and Perry will probably have another term.
A good gauge of his strength will be that in today's environment, in a state as Republican as Texas, he should literally walk away with it in November.
If he can't beat the Democrat by at least 25 points, he's weak.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:01 pm 
Major General

Liked: 23
As a native Texan, it is very obvious to me and most of my friends, that Perry desires to become the president of the U.S. and will enter the 2012 race. He is working very hard to get support of TEA party members and prove he is a beltway outsider and could be an effective national leader. I think the GOP wealthy elite would support Perry over Huckabee to my dismay.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:17 am 

Liked: 152
DFCSTech wrote:
The most awesome Perry moment ever:

I love who he'd want to support! If only he realized how electable he really is back in 2008!

Could we use that clip around the one minute mark in a commercial for 2012 :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:27 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
sandra wrote:
As a native Texan, it is very obvious to me and most of my friends, that Perry desires to become the president of the U.S. and will enter the 2012 race. He is working very hard to get support of TEA party members and prove he is a beltway outsider and could be an effective national leader. I think the GOP wealthy elite would support Perry over Huckabee to my dismay.

Should he try to run, I think his comment in which he seemed to be open to the idea of Texas seceeding from the union would be very harmful to a potential Presidential campaign.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:46 am 
Captain

Liked: 0
I would not vote for Rick Perry as dogcatcher let alone President of our Great Nation. He would never win anyway for one reason George W. Bush there is no way the American people would vot for his Lt. Governor. Plus how about the NAFTA Super Highway and his openboarders policy plus I believe the man is Proi Abortion I hope he loses his Governors race!!! I would like to see Chuck Norris run as a 3rd party canadate for Texas Governor if not him then Alex Jones.