Huck's Army Forum :: Faith, Family & Freedom
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/

S.C. showdown.........
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=22392
Page 2 of 2

Author:  christopher.wilkerson [ Fri May 14, 2010 8:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: S.C. showdown.........

Steadfast wrote:
Mitch Daniels is starting to get attention in the last few days - Dan Coats saying that Daniels is considering it. Also Daily Beast has Daniels at #1 spot for nomination ahead of Huck, Romney and Palin.

I think we will start to see some try to promote Daniels and Thune as the dark horses (maybe Pence and Perry). Pawlenty is out in my opinion.

You know who else is getting some attention the last few days? (and deservingly so, in my opinion)... NJ Gov. Chris Christie. Did you catch this video where a reporter questioned the Governor's 'combativeness'? Christie hit it out of the park! VP material? I CAME HERE TO GOVERN.

Youtube video was removed...try here.

Author:  nrobyar [ Fri May 14, 2010 9:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: S.C. showdown.........

I saw Christie on FOX and I was very impressed! I also love Mike Pence....Don't see either of them being a contender in 2012 though...

Author:  Iowans Rock [ Fri May 14, 2010 10:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: S.C. showdown.........

I don't want to turn the SC thread into a Chris Christie thread but while telling liberals off is fun it doesn't hold a candle to action. On May 3 Christie impressed me with this statement when he broke precedence and did not re-nomimate a judge and said this:

Quote:
“Before and since becoming governor, I was unambiguous in my intention to bring balance and change to the Supreme Court. My selection today is not a commentary on Justice Wallace. It is a fulfillment of my promise to turn the court away from its history of using legal precedent to set social and tax policies in our state – a role which belongs squarely with the legislative and executive branches of state government,” Christie said in a news release.


Coming from a state where a supreme court has violated the Constitution to push through leftist policies and no one in the political class here (except Bob VP, or course) is willing to take the stand Christie has for the separation of powers, this is an awesome thing to see.

Don't know about President someday or VP, but right now a good governor.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2010/05/gov_chris_christie_ousting_sta.html

Author:  BDBopper [ Sat May 15, 2010 1:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: S.C. showdown.........

I'm done with Palin. It's over. This endorsement in South Carolina tears it.

Sarah Palin, who made sure the disabled were advocated for on the stump in '08 really impressed me. I still respect her as a person but politically I am done with her. She had a chance to endorse a true champion of the disabled in André Bauer and she chose to endorse his opponent. Her endorsements lately, especially because they carry so much weight prove that what she was saying in '08 was just words that now ring hollow and mean nothing.

I decided to respectively say my piece as a disabled Conservative advocate on her Facebook wall in the comments under her note on this subject. My comments were deleted. I'm done. I'm extremely disappointed and heartbroken because I liked her and respected her that much.

Author:  justgrace [ Sat May 15, 2010 5:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: S.C. showdown.........

Brian, I am so sorry. It really baffles me why Palin's camp would delete your comment. Would you like to post it here? We would like to read what you said.

Author:  BDBopper [ Sat May 15, 2010 9:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: S.C. showdown.........

justgrace wrote:
Brian, I am so sorry. It really baffles me why Palin's camp would delete your comment. Would you like to post it here? We would like to read what you said.


"As a disabled Conservative activist I am extremely disappointed with this endorsement. Being someone who made sure the disabled were advocated for during the 2008 campaign you had a chance to support a true champion of the disabled in André Bauer and have chosen not to do so. André Bauer has taken up the cause to end the cycle of Government dependency. I am very disappointed. You endorsements of McCain, Fiorina, and Haley now deem what you said on the trail in '08 as just words that are meaningless."

Author:  justgrace [ Sat May 15, 2010 5:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: S.C. showdown.........

BDBopper wrote:
justgrace wrote:
Brian, I am so sorry. It really baffles me why Palin's camp would delete your comment. Would you like to post it here? We would like to read what you said.


"As a disabled Conservative activist I am extremely disappointed with this endorsement. Being someone who made sure the disabled were advocated for during the 2008 campaign you had a chance to support a true champion of the disabled in André Bauer and have chosen not to do so. André Bauer has taken up the cause to end the cycle of Government dependency. I am very disappointed. You endorsements of McCain, Fiorina, and Haley now deem what you said on the trail in '08 as just words that are meaningless."


Very well said, Brian. Thank you.

Author:  akprayingmom [ Sat May 15, 2010 6:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: S.C. showdown.........

Huckabee endorsed Bauer quite awhile ago. I don't believe Huck endorses for favors. His endorsements are really worth something. The candidate has to really BE conservative and have a solid history of conservative application and work.
I'm with Steadfast, I think Palin is endorsing Haley to try to reverse the negative effects of Fiorina. Palin is also endorsing Haley to keep the feminists happy. Romney is endorsing Haley to gain attention and support for himself. Romney is another narcissist. He only works for himself :geek

Author:  voter [ Sat May 15, 2010 6:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: S.C. showdown.........

Quote:
Steadfast wrote:

Excellent analysis Voter! I hope to meet you someday - I have really come to respect your perspective!


Thank you so very, very much. Considering what an ardent Huckabee supporter and inspiration you are, I take that as a tremendous compliment.

Hopefully, if our guy runs in 2012, we can all get together for a celebration. Certainly if he runs and wins!!

Author:  GrannyT [ Sat May 15, 2010 11:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: S.C. showdown.........

voter wrote:
Quote:
Steadfast wrote:

Excellent analysis Voter! I hope to meet you someday - I have really come to respect your perspective!


Thank you so very, very much. Considering what an ardent Huckabee supporter and inspiration you are, I take that as a tremendous compliment.

Hopefully, if our guy runs in 2012, we can all get together for a celebration. Certainly if he runs and wins!!


I'd love for all of us to be able to get together for the inauguration. If Obama was able to get masses of people from all over the country; we should be able to get a bunch of us Huck's Army troop members together. :party

Author:  QuoVadisAnima [ Sun May 16, 2010 2:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: S.C. showdown.........

McCain was a fairly obvious political payback, IMO - how would it have reflected on her own decision to be his VP to do otherwise?

Fiorina & Haley, however, are Romney people which I find interesting. Palin has always been a darling with fiscal conservatives. I wonder if she's trying to win that group over on a larger scale now that Romney has been knee-capped by Mass-care?

Author:  justgrace [ Sun May 16, 2010 5:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: S.C. showdown.........

GrannyT wrote:
voter wrote:
Quote:
Steadfast wrote:

Excellent analysis Voter! I hope to meet you someday - I have really come to respect your perspective!


Thank you so very, very much. Considering what an ardent Huckabee supporter and inspiration you are, I take that as a tremendous compliment.

Hopefully, if our guy runs in 2012, we can all get together for a celebration. Certainly if he runs and wins!!


I'd love for all of us to be able to get together for the inauguration. If Obama was able to get masses of people from all over the country; we should be able to get a bunch of us Huck's Army troop members together. :party

Can't wait for the inauguration party, when we can finally get together (I hope and pray!). :balloons Then I can shake hands and thank you all for your excellent work and ideas.

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/