Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:54 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I really like Scott Gessler. I thought he's done a wonderful job standing up against the Democratic majority in his position as secretary of state. I can't stand Tom Tancredo. He's a horrible candidate who lacks integrity. My husband has met him and he wasn't impressed at all. If Tancredo wins the primary, Hickenlooper will be re-elected. That could really hurt us on the national level because CO is a battleground state. I emailed Steve House and asked him about his candidacy. I basically wanted him to convince me to vote for him instead of Gessler. His biggest argument for his candidacy was that he's not a "politician". Personally, that makes me less likely to vote for him. In the governor position it's going to take someone with real political experience to get anything done. The legislature is controlled by Democrats and I'm not sure House will be capable of crafting smart compromises the way Huckabee did in AR.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
juditupp wrote:
I really like Scott Gessler. I thought he's done a wonderful job standing up against the Democratic majority in his position as secretary of state. I can't stand Tom Tancredo. He's a horrible candidate who lacks integrity. My husband has met him and he wasn't impressed at all. If Tancredo wins the primary, Hickenlooper will be re-elected. That could really hurt us on the national level because CO is a battleground state. I emailed Steve House and asked him about his candidacy. I basically wanted him to convince me to vote for him instead of Gessler. His biggest argument for his candidacy was that he's not a "politician". Personally, that makes me less likely to vote for him. In the governor position it's going to take someone with real political experience to get anything done. The legislature is controlled by Democrats and I'm not sure House will be capable of crafting smart compromises the way Huckabee did in AR.

Thanks Judi for the Post! You got it up really quick!

Oh by the way, welcome back to the forum!

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:05 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
Thanks Bill! Now if only some fellow Coloradans will help me out! It's really important that we have a Republican governor in 2016 if we're going to win the White House. A solid conservative Republican would be ideal. CO is such a battleground state that a popular R gov. could sway the results when the general election arrives.