Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:58 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
I am just wondering if any of you know how to become a delegate for your State Republican Convention and also the RNC? Do you contact your state GOP?

Thanks!

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:59 pm 
*** General

Liked: 43
Great question. I think that this is one of the most important things that we can do.

You might start by contacting your Precinct Chair, County GOP Headquarters, or State GOP Headquarters. You should also be able to find the info on your State GOP's website. If not, just start making phone calls to those I mentioned above.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:23 pm 
General

Liked: 52
I would check the state GOP website for information on this. Growing up in Indiana, my sister and I were very interested in politics and active as young volunteers in political campaigns. When my sister was 17, she was on the ballot for delegate to the Republican state convention. She won that election a day or two before turning 18. She had a great learning experience as a delegate.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:59 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
I depends on your state. In 2008, I had no idea what I was doing, but I was determined to become a state delegate, so I could cast a vote for Huckabee. Colorado has a caucus, and those who wanted to be considered for delegates had to stand up at the caucus and speak about their candidate. My daughter and I helped to organize all the Huckabee supporters in the room, and to our delight, we were both elected delegates! I think that being passionate and vocal about our candidate was the key!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:39 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
Actually, in CO if you live in an area that isn't very Republican (like say West Denver) you don't even have to know anything about the candidates. You just have to be one of the few registered Republicans that actually show up to the caucus. My best friend ended up a delegate to the state convention in 2010 and she literally called me from the convention to ask me my opinion! IN TX, dh was a delegate because he got elected as the precinct chairman. He was one of two registered Republicans in the whole precinct and the other one (you'll never guess who that was) wrote him in. He regrets it to this day because the corrupt little town we lived in made life very difficult for us when they found out we were Republicans. We were so happy to shake the dirt off as we left that armpit.