Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:45 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
http://thevaluesvoter.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F3D4C1BC1D8B0D91!1449.entry

Make no mistake about it - President-Elect Obama ran a brilliant campaign. But that doesn't mean that he didn't get help. And some of that help came from those who are complaining the loudest that he's the President-Elect.

He should take a few minutes and point out those on his right who have helped him a lot as well. Here's what it might sound like if he did.

"I want to say a few words to those of you who are seated above and to my right, those of you who are part of the Republican establishment or part of the conservative media.

My election isn't just about me - about the fact that I ran a brilliant campaign and was highly organized. This is also about you. I needed your help and, in a way, we did part of this together. Some of you who are the most upset about me winning this election are in fact among those who have helped me in actuality the most. You say to yourselves "no we didn't." And I say to you tonight "Yes, You Did!!"

Thank you for spending so much time attacking me. (Crowd response) No, no ... I mean it. Thank you. You diverted the attention from issues that didn't favor me and that people cared a lot about - issues about taxes, about lowering the price of energy, and about having enough left after taxes to put food on the table. Instead of talking about these, you wasted your time talking about issues that only your side cared about. Jeremiah Wright. William Ayers - which you actually talked about the most the week the stock market crashed (giggle). My ... my birth certificate. My middle name. My wife. You helped me in a way that I could not even help myself. For if I had tried to change the topic, it would have looked evasive. But you changed it for me. And I'm in a better position this evening because of it. You say again "no we didn't?" Well, I'm telling you tonight that "Yes, You Did!!"

Thank you for riling up your side to become so personally hostile toward me that they were almost obsessed with stopping me at all cost. That helped me in a number of ways in which I will briefly elaborate. On the one hand, after spending so much time telling people why not to vote for me, you exhausted people. A lot of folks just didn't want to hear anything else negative about me - regardless of what it was. And on the other hand, the hostility helped make a number of people who were indifferent or unsure about me to rally to my defense. I could not have done that all by myself. You folks up there and to the right have helped tremendously. Yes, You Did!

I want to express a very sincere gratitude toward you for the way your media folks took care of my opponents for me. Before you became obsessed with me, you were obsessed with my opponent, Senator Clinton. And you worked very hard to help defeat her. Which of course, made the path to victory even easier for me. But much more than that, I will be eternally grateful that after attacking my Democratic opponent, you went after the only Republican who could have beaten me, Governor Huckabee. The only person whom I could not have attacked for having ties to President Bush. The only person who could have competed with me for voters who normally vote Democratic but who were tired of politics as usual. And if that wasn't generous enough of you, you guys also worked extremely hard to attack my distinguished Republican opponent, Senator McCain, before he was my opponent. You successfully turned even more who are on your own side against him. And then you undermined your own credibility by changing your mind and supporting him wholeheartedly months after you trashed him. And you did this in order to promote and throw your full support behind candidates that I would have beaten by an even larger margin in a General Election. Your efforts have made this election campaign ... so much more memorable for me. I see you guys nodding your head and saying "no we didn't." But trust me when I say to you tonight, "Yes, You Did!"

Thank you for paying such little attention to making inroads among minority groups, young people, and people who don't make that much money. It would have been much harder to win had I not won at least two thirds of all of the aforementioned demographics. This also made my support base look even more diverse by contrast and made it easier for the intense opposition your side showed toward me at your rallies to be interpreted as something else. Thank you for continuing to think that campaign strategies that were formulated in 1968 would continue to work in 2008. And I deeply thank the few of you who agitated these already strained relations with some of your public comments - from everything from calling me a "Magic Negro" to calling the country a "nation of whiners." I don't think that I myself could have gotten those who voted for me as emotionally charged up as they were as they went to vote - not even with my best speech. But, you and I did this together. You and I together are a special part of this collective end result. Yes, You Did!

You, my most fierce critics, have played a key role in helping get me elected. You have helped my cause by attacking me continuously, by attacking those who could have defeated me, weakening them before I had to face them, and by neglecting to expand your own ranks. And now I say to you ... my very vocal opponents, let's work together again, in the same way, over the course of the next four years. Whatever you do from tonight through four years from now, I want to ask you, with all sincerity ... please don't change.

"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:56 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 1
TVV:

Again, thank you for pointing out what should be obvious--and unfortunately isn't--in a way that will grab everyone's attention. It is what I tried to do--in a way guaranteed to bore everyone to tears--in my thread on statistics.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:16 am 
Corporal

Liked: 0
TVV

I'm always so impressed with your well thought out and eloquent posts. Thank you for "speaking the truth in love"...

Perhaps you should run for office? At any rate keep trying to make a dent.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:22 am 
***** General

Liked: 4
You forgot to a quick Thank You to President Bush since that who he was really running against.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:33 am 
***** General

Thanks very much!! I'm sure he had other helpers ... it's a long list.

I posted this to RCP for anyone who is interested:
http://readerarticles.realclearpolitics.com/?period=all

Quote:
Barack Obama did not thank all the folks who gave him the most help in getting elected. But not all of them would like to be acknowledged. That's because a lot of these helpers are members of the Republican Party establishment and the conservative media who are complaining the loudest.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:34 am 
***** General

lrobb wrote:
TVV:

Again, thank you for pointing out what should be obvious--and unfortunately isn't--in a way that will grab everyone's attention. It is what I tried to do--in a way guaranteed to bore everyone to tears--in my thread on statistics.

I'm sure that's not the case. I always find your posts very interesting. I don't know that I saw that thread - what's the link?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:49 am 
***** General

Liked: 133
I'm vote #4 at RCP.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:32 pm 
Lieutenant General

Statistical Analysis-A New Road Map.

You might be interested in the (headed the wrong way) statistics on how people voted on limiting abortion.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
Once again, TVV, brilliant. I could just hear Obama speeking this as I read it. I was #7.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:01 pm 
Lieutenant General

TVV is at 9. Let's put him on page 1!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
I was vote# 10. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:24 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 0
Hope you don't mind. I copied this and emailed it to some friends. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:33 pm 
***** General

Of course I don't mind. Anyone can feel free to share anything I write - here or in my blog, if you so choose. Thanks!