Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I tried to link the sources on this article but found that some are no longer available. I have always wondered if Huckabee might also endorse Gingrich (or if Gingrich would choose him as Vice President running mate because of their work together on various projects to renew America.)

Quote:
Will Newt Gingrich Endorse Huckabee?
By Anteater Posted in 2008
Will Newt Gingrich Endorse Huckabee?/2007 archive.redstate.com/blogs/.../will_newt_gingrich_endorse_huckabee

Note: This is simply a conjectural exercise
Now that Fred Thompson is in the race, I find it highly unlikely that Newt will jump in as well. So this raises the question: Will Newt Gingrich endorse a candidate? If he does, I believe that candidate will either have to be Thompson or Huckabee. My keen political sense tells me it's going to be Huckabee. Here's why:

1. Newt predicted that Huckabee would be the "most interesting dark horse" and that he would catch fire with primary voters [source]. http://huckamania.wordpress.com/2007/08 ... -huckabee/

2. Newt and Huckabee collaborated on a health op-ed titled "Healthy Americans Mean A Healthy America." http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... healt.html

3. Huckabee keeps using Newt's FedEx analogy
when it comes to immigration. Perhaps they may be sharing ideas on this and other issues.

4. Huckabee is the only candidate to officially accept Newt's debate format [source]

5. Newt had some nice things to say about Huckabee following the New Hampshire debate:
"I thought John McCain was re-energized and was more direct. I actually thought there was a terrific exchange between Ron Paul and Governor Huckabee and that Governor Huckabee really communicated a sense of statesmanship at that point" http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296043,00.html

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:40 pm 
Major General

Liked: 8
The question may be, will Huckabee endorse Gingrich?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:16 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
This is one of the reasons why I have chosen to support Newt after a brief fling with Santorum. He was one of the few leaders of the Republican Pary that "got it" in 2008.

Everyone else was in the tank for Romney and Newt was one of the few who would compliment Mike.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

Post by beezwax Liked by: Texan4Huckabee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:36 pm 
General

Liked: 71
I see similarities between Gingrich and Hucakbee. One similarity is that both wourld rather take the unpopular and tougher road to solve difficult issues than place a bandaide on a problem and call the issue fixed.

Post by FiscalConservative Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:51 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
FiscalConservative wrote:
I see similarities between Gingrich and Hucakbee. One similarity is that both wourld rather take the unpopular and tougher road to solve difficult issues than place a bandaide on a problem and call the issue fixed.

I think this is unfair to Huckabee.

I'll just mention embryonic stem cells and the Iraq surge as notable examples where Huckabee stood on solid principle against popular opinion while Newt did not.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:00 pm 
General

Liked: 71
Miserere wrote:

I'll just mention embryonic stem cells and the Iraq surge as notable examples where Huckabee stood on solid principle against popular opinion while Newt did not.

I was making a general referrence and did not say that Newt had every issue right but I do seem them both willing to take the tougher road in finding solutions. Gingrich and Huckabee could be a good team and a better team than Romney/Huckabee though Romney/Huckcabee might on paper seem to be the better pair.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Miserere wrote:

I was making a general referrence and did not say that Newt had every issue right but I do seem them both willing to take the tougher road in finding solutions. Gingrich and Huckabee could be a good team and a better team than Romney/Huckabee though Romney/Huckcabee might on paper seem to be the better pair.

Fair enough. It's still hard for me to imagine a Newt/Huck ticket. Two portly southerners might not be the best visual. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for portly southerners, but I doubt Newt would pick Huck. I'd be happy to be wrong!

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
Miserere wrote:

FC, you are absolutely right on this. That is one of the things I like about both.