Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:48 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
Huge tip o'the hat to Mike Grayson, Jerry Woods, and others, who are updating a website that's actually a few years old, called "The Truth About Mike Huckabee."
http://www.thetruthaboutmikehuckabee.co ... stice.html

Helpful topics so far include a careful but readable explanation of the confusion over Gov. Huckabee's stance on Common Core...Tax and Spending... Immigration... Foreign Policy Criminal Justice (including the mess behind the Maurice Clemmons commutation that everyone THINKS is a pardon)... and an archive with articles dating back several years on various topics and helpful pieces of factual info that support Mike's conservative record.

After a cursory glance, the only thing I saw that I would change is there is a direct quote that goes like this: "Yes, Huckabee did raise taxes overall, but he raised them for valid reasons, i.e., to pay for badly needed improvements to state highways and the state park system, and to hire more teachers (the state's population increased substantially during his tenure)."

I'd prefer to see that sentence worded a bit differently so it's not so easy to pull it as a direct quote and use it against Gov. Huckabee by an opponent. Can't you see it now? "Even the pro-Huckster blog, 'The Truth About Mike Huckabee,' says, 'Yes, Huckabee did raise taxes overall.' "

Post by All-in-for-Mike Liked by: justgrace
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:40 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
All-in-for-Mike wrote:
Huge tip o'the hat to Mike Grayson, Jerry Woods, and others, who are updating a website that's actually a few years old, called "The Truth About Mike Huckabee."
http://www.thetruthaboutmikehuckabee.co ... stice.html

Helpful topics so far include a careful but readable explanation of the confusion over Gov. Huckabee's stance on Common Core...Tax and Spending... Immigration... Foreign Policy Criminal Justice (including the mess behind the Maurice Clemmons commutation that everyone THINKS is a pardon)... and an archive with articles dating back several years on various topics and helpful pieces of factual info that support Mike's conservative record.

After a cursory glance, the only thing I saw that I would change is there is a direct quote that goes like this: "Yes, Huckabee did raise taxes overall, but he raised them for valid reasons, i.e., to pay for badly needed improvements to state highways and the state park system, and to hire more teachers (the state's population increased substantially during his tenure)."

I'd prefer to see that sentence worded a bit differently so it's not so easy to pull it as a direct quote and use it against Gov. Huckabee by an opponent. Can't you see it now? "Even the pro-Huckster blog, 'The Truth About Mike Huckabee,' says, 'Yes, Huckabee did raise taxes overall.' "

Thank you for sharing about this helpful website that Jerry Woods, Mike Grayson and others are updating. I like how it starts with the criticisms and then answers the most important ones with factual information. In this world of disinformation and low information voting, we will need this website to help Governor Huckabee's campaign, should he run.

Getting ready! Mike Huckabee for President 2016!!!

Here is one tab you may want to check out at the website:
Common Core
There has been a lot of confusion over Governor Huckabee's position regarding Common Core. The only way to understand who is telling the truth is to start by examining the history of Common Core from an independent source...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:31 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
All-in-for-Mike wrote:

Definitely. We never lay that personally at Mike Huckabee's feet. Instead, "While it's true that tax rates effectively went up during his tenure as chief executive, the increases were below the national average of other states."

So who are these fellows, and why aren't they posting here to co-ordinate? 8) :?:

Post by christopher.wilkerson has received Likes: 2 agrandy, justgrace