Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:02 pm 

Liked: 152
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Gingrich-Romney-Santorum-Republican/2012/02/19/id/429881?s=al&promo_code=E37D-1
Brief quote from article:
Quote:
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says that, if he, Mitt Romney, or Rick Santorum lose their respective home states in the upcoming primaries, “you have, I think, a very, very badly weakened candidacy.”

1. Does Gingrich really think Michigan is still Romney’s home state?
2. Does it seem odd to anyone else that Newt is implying Romney should drop out if he loses a state he hasn’t lived in for decades?
3. Does he hold the same standard for himself.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I don't see Romney - or any of them - dropping out before Super Tuesday.

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:02 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
Pretty gutsy of Newt to imply Mitt should drop out, when Newt's polling less than 10% in that state.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
It seems that Newt just wants everyone to drop until he is the last one. Sounds like he thinks he is entitled to it. Will Newt drop out if he loses Georgia?

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:30 pm 
*** General

Liked: 115
I do think it's possible that Newt drops out before Super Tuesday. If he plummets in the polls down into the single digits everywhere and looks at the polls out of Georgia to see that he's way behind in Georgia, then he may drop out. It really isn't going to make that much of a difference in the long run though.

Arizona and Michigan are going to be close. Both states are favorable to Romney, yet he's struggling in both states. Arizona probably leans slightly towards Romney, and Michigan slightly towards Santorum at this point, but that can change. Whatever ends up happening in Michigan and Arizona, I see Washington state going to Santorum 4 days later. It's a caucus.

I really don't think that Gingrich wins Georgia either. I know he's up in the polls now, but that will change soon enough. A lot of Gingrich voters are holding out hope that Gingrich will come back. A 3rd place finish in Arizona, 4th place in Michigan, and 4th place in Washington will help convince them otherwise, and many will move over to Santorum to stop Romney. Romney is going to get blown out in every Southern state. In the Midwest, Romney's best shot at winning a state is Michigan, and we see how that's going. If he loses Michigan, he'll lose the rest of the Midwest too. The only exception will be in circumstances where Santorum couldn't get on the ballot. That's not really going to matter though because Santorum will win by such large margins in so many states that Romney's few free delegates won't do him any good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Yes, perhaps Newt should quit talking about who should drop out next......

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:37 pm 
General

Liked: 71
It's just gamesmanship but I certainly would not object.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
I strongly agree with the first three words of that statement. Romney Should Quit. Period.

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:12 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
From Fox News Sunday

quote:If he loses his home state, I don?t see what he says the next morning to his donors to stay in the race,? Mr. Gingrich told Fox News Sunday.
If Mr. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, can?t win his home state in a primary election, how can he beat President Obama in Michigan, which typically votes with the Democrats, Mr. Gingrich asked.
For a general election, that?s not a very good sign,? he said.
Mr. Gingrich pushed the stakes higher, indicating he also needs to win his home state of Georgia in the primary election.
If any of the three of us lose our home state ? you have what I think is a very, very bad candidacy,? he said. ?I think it is extraordinarily important to carry your home state.?

Where does HE say they should drop out?
Did people not watch the show?
Im sorry, but I dont understand all the rukus over this statement. I agree with him. Do you not think it will look pretty bad if Newt loses Georgia? Or if Santorum beats Mitt in Michigan of all places?
Once again the media is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Post by FL4Huck Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I heard this interview and do not recall Gingrich saying anyone should quit, just that donors might reconsider giving. He did say that it would be damaging to Romney to lose in Michigan since it was his (father's) state. Too much is made of this type of conjecture, which the interviewers use to bait candidates into making predictions no one can make. Each candidate would probably like for the others to quit. I would rather hear less about the process and more about what the candidates would like to accomplish if elected.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 3 4Huckabee, IowaforHuckabee, mxnwilson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:06 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
Maybe Newt thinks Romney should drop out and run for Obama's vp. :pray

Post by mxnwilson Liked by: FL4Huck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:29 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
FL4Huck wrote:
From Fox News Sunday

quote:If he loses his home state, I don?t see what he says the next morning to his donors to stay in the race,? Mr. Gingrich told Fox News Sunday.
If Mr. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, can?t win his home state in a primary election, how can he beat President Obama in Michigan, which typically votes with the Democrats, Mr. Gingrich asked.
For a general election, that?s not a very good sign,? he said.
Mr. Gingrich pushed the stakes higher, indicating he also needs to win his home state of Georgia in the primary election.
If any of the three of us lose our home state ? you have what I think is a very, very bad candidacy,? he said. ?I think it is extraordinarily important to carry your home state.?

Where does HE say they should drop out?
Did people not watch the show?
Im sorry, but I dont understand all the rukus over this statement. I agree with him. Do you not think it will look pretty bad if Newt loses Georgia? Or if Santorum beats Mitt in Michigan of all places?
Once again the media is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

This is exactly what I heard and I, too, didn't understand why people were making a big deal out of what Newt said. I also didn't understand why Newt was immediately jumped on, he obviously was including himself when he said "if any of the three of us".

Doesn't everyone realize and hear on the news that Mittens and Rick are talking negative about the others on the trail? But if Newt makes a common sense statement (most of the time when asked a question), it gets twisted and turned and he becomes the villain.

Post by IowaforHuckabee has received Likes: 2 justgrace, mxnwilson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:35 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Even the original article said:

Quote:
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich says that, if he, Mitt Romney, or Rick Santorum

That means he was including himself (he).

Obviously, a misunderstanding and misrepresentation by the reporters.

Let's move on.

Post by IowaforHuckabee Liked by: mxnwilson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:59 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I saw the interview, and I thought what Newt said was a perfectly legitimate observation. If you lose your home state you don't have much of a case for telling the voters that you're an electable candidate.

Post by WalterCan Liked by: justgrace