Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:00 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:31 pm
Posts: 3475
Likes: 0
Liked: 6
http://hucksarmy.com/governor-huckabee- ... aving-gop/

The following statement by Governor Huckabee was posted this evening on Huck PAC:

I have been reading news accounts of Governor Crist’s imminent switch to “No Party Affiliation.” As a new Florida voter, if these reports turn out to be true, it sure seems like Governor Crist is making this move because he’s only thinking about himself and not the people of Florida. I think most Florida voters will remember that come November when they join me in proudly casting a vote for conservative Marco Rubio – who still knows what he believes and why he believes it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:48 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 1658
Location: The Occupied Territory of Northern VA
Likes: 257
Liked: 169
By switching to independent, Crist has shown who he REALLY is for... himself. He is all ego, suntan, and hairdo.

_________________
Recovering Huck-a-holic


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:01 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Indiana
Likes: 77
Liked: 183
I like that Gov Huckabee is taking a strong stand on this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:58 am 
Offline
Lieutenant General

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Posts: 884
Location: Indianapolis
Likes: 166
Liked: 73
at the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, what do you bet he has made a deal with Obama to go Independent, almost assuredly guaranteeing a Democratic win, only to be given a Czar or other high position for B.O.s administration? :barf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:28 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:12 am
Posts: 3819
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Likes: 194
Liked: 215
Quote:
at the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, what do you bet he has made a deal with Obama to go Independent, almost assuredly guaranteeing a Democratic win, only to be given a Czar or other high position for B.O.s administration?


maybe he has made a deal but this move doesn't guarantee a Democrat win... in fact it may do the opposite

_________________
Ken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:29 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Indiana
Likes: 77
Liked: 183
FirstCoastTerp wrote:
Quote:
at the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, what do you bet he has made a deal with Obama to go Independent, almost assuredly guaranteeing a Democratic win, only to be given a Czar or other high position for B.O.s administration?


maybe he has made a deal but this move doesn't guarantee a Democrat win... in fact it may do the opposite


I don't see how this move by Crist can possibly turn out well for him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:35 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:21 am
Posts: 2747
Location: Arkansas
Likes: 200
Liked: 653
Note to the Purple Tie Association:

Mike is strongly self-identifying with "Florida voters" in this statement. The "join me" language I think is telling. Huckabee has many reasons to want to live in Florida apart from politics, BUT there is a clear strategic advantage to him in being thought a "resident" voice among "conservative" Florida voters.

Huck should win Iowa and then lose NH. Unlike other GOP figures in the past, winning in SC will not give him the respect to slingshot out to victory. The meta narative of "regional religious leader" will not be broken by Iowa and SC wins (and he knows the Granite state with its socially liberal and often libertarian GOP is very hard ground for him so he won't invest too much there this time). So it will come down to Florida (in order to avoid a very long fight- he still has a path to the nomination without a Florida win). The panhandle is a very fertile area for Huckabee's brand. Allied with the Cuban vote of Miami he has a certain second place win in any field of candidates by that point and a great shot at winning.

I know Janet loves the sand and sun and they both get a tax break by being in Florida. But this is not just a home near the beach, this is a political beachhead.

_________________
"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:02 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm
Posts: 2617
Location: Indiana
Likes: 77
Liked: 183
Southern Doc wrote:
Note to the Purple Tie Association:

Mike is strongly self-identifying with "Florida voters" in this statement. The "join me" language I think is telling. Huckabee has many reasons to want to live in Florida apart from politics, BUT there is a clear strategic advantage to him in being thought a "resident" voice among "conservative" Florida voters.

Huck should win Iowa and then lose NH. Unlike other GOP figures in the past, winning in SC will not give him the respect to slingshot out to victory. The meta narative of "regional religious leader" will not be broken by Iowa and SC wins (and he knows the Granite state with its socially liberal and often libertarian GOP is very hard ground for him so he won't invest too much there this time). So it will come down to Florida (in order to avoid a very long fight- he still has a path to the nomination without a Florida win). The panhandle is a very fertile area for Huckabee's brand. Allied with the Cuban vote of Miami he has a certain second place win in any field of candidates by that point and a great shot at winning.

I know Janet loves the sand and sun and they both get a tax break by being in Florida. But this is not just a home near the beach, this is a political beachhead.


Southern Doc -

I have to admit, whenever I see you have made a post, I can't wait to read it. I soooooooooo respect your take on every issue! And I love your opinion on this one!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:29 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:23 pm
Posts: 2158
Likes: 4
Liked: 32
Quote:
Southern Doc wrote:
Note to the Purple Tie Association:

Mike is strongly self-identifying with "Florida voters" in this statement. The "join me" language I think is telling. Huckabee has many reasons to want to live in Florida apart from politics, BUT there is a clear strategic advantage to him in being thought a "resident" voice among "conservative" Florida voters.

Huck should win Iowa and then lose NH. Unlike other GOP figures in the past, winning in SC will not give him the respect to slingshot out to victory. The meta narative of "regional religious leader" will not be broken by Iowa and SC wins (and he knows the Granite state with its socially liberal and often libertarian GOP is very hard ground for him so he won't invest too much there this time). So it will come down to Florida (in order to avoid a very long fight- he still has a path to the nomination without a Florida win). The panhandle is a very fertile area for Huckabee's brand. Allied with the Cuban vote of Miami he has a certain second place win in any field of candidates by that point and a great shot at winning.

I know Janet loves the sand and sun and they both get a tax break by being in Florida. But this is not just a home near the beach, this is a political beachhead.


Couldn't agree more with everything you said, your analysis on 2012 paths and Mike's new FL residency. I thought the exact same thing. During the last two weeks, he has mentioned being a "FL resident" several times -- and he is clearly emphasizing "we" are FL residents and voters. Now multiply that kind of "bonding" by a year and a half -- including getting involved in FL politics (local and state) and other GOP organizations -- and Mike is too savy not to know he has strategically placed himself in a great hot spot -- intentionally or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:27 pm 
Offline
Major General

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:03 am
Posts: 721
Likes: 0
Liked: 0
I agree Southern Doc. A certain professor of mine who is a political scientist remarked that it definitely was a political move on Huck's part.

_________________
The only ones who can kill are those who are prepared to be killed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:01 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 4:01 pm
Posts: 777
Likes: 1
Liked: 2
Its official: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... paign.html

_________________
Donate to Huck PAC today
Make the right choice
And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. – Psalm 119:45


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:14 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:52 pm
Posts: 4803
Location: Texas
Likes: 90
Liked: 259
I donated to Rubio while Crist was making his speech. I wonder how many other Americans across the country did the same? Hope Rubio is keeping track of the big fish he caught today in the money that people sent him.

_________________
ConservTexan

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:42 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 1658
Location: The Occupied Territory of Northern VA
Likes: 257
Liked: 169
Agree about Florida. Last time, he lost SC, but could have recovered if he had done well in FL. A very, very savvy move...if he can keep it from looking like he did it as a politically savvy move.

_________________
Recovering Huck-a-holic


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:06 am 
Offline
Lieutenant

Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 8:52 pm
Posts: 191
Likes: 2
Liked: 5
[quote="All-in-for-Mike"]Agree about Florida. Last time, he lost SC, but could have recovered if he had done well in FL. A very, very savvy move...if he can keep it from looking like he did it as a politically savvy move.[/quote]


I don't question the veracity of Governor Huckabee's statement regarding his move to Florida (I'm not saying you are). He has demonstrated consistently that he says what he means and means what he says. Remember how everybody kept trying to read into his statements regarding the V.P. selection. He wasn't being coy then. There is enough empirical evidence to substantiate his 'official' statement. Now, contrast that to Mitt Romney purchasing a home in California. Not a lot of discussion there...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:54 pm 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:27 pm
Posts: 1575
Location: Clearwater, FL
Likes: 3
Liked: 4
All-in-for-Mike wrote:
By switching to independent, Crist has shown who he REALLY is for... himself. He is all ego, suntan, and hairdo.


Actually, this is well known before he switched. Crist turned me off last year when you appointed a crony to take the vacant US Senate seat when there were other qualified candidates not connected to him and out represent FL very well.

_________________
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"
~~ Edmund Burke


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY