Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:22 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I've seen stuff about TSA agents abusing passengers. I think it's abhorrent. I also know that my dh faced horrible abuse every day while he was on the job. The worst culprits were actually the pilots. He was cussed at every day he worked. Passengers complained when they lost their items that were clearly listed on the website as not allowed. He had passengers come through with knives and cuss him out for taking them. It goes both ways. We have a serious loss of civility in this culture and TSA agents are just as likely to be uncivil as anyone else. Another reason to support Mike! He has the novel idea that we can be civil to those we disagree with in politics. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
juditupp wrote:
I've seen stuff about TSA agents abusing passengers. I think it's abhorrent. I also know that my dh faced horrible abuse every day while he was on the job. The worst culprits were actually the pilots. He was cussed at every day he worked. Passengers complained when they lost their items that were clearly listed on the website as not allowed. He had passengers come through with knives and cuss him out for taking them. It goes both ways. We have a serious loss of civility in this culture and TSA agents are just as likely to be uncivil as anyone else. Another reason to support Mike! He has the novel idea that we can be civil to those we disagree with in politics. :wink:

Thanks for giving us the other side of the story. One reason we have the current problems with the scanners is that Michael Chertoff wanted them in order to promote his company that manufactures them. But we are glad for those agents who do their best to treat passengers well. The current standards and procedures make it hard on them. Sorry your husband had to take abuse from pilots and passengers who did not want to abide by the ban on knives.