Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:38 am 
***** General

Liked: 6
http://dec27th.com

Still needs some work...i value your input.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:33 am 
**** General

Liked: 0
Site looks good. You're a pro!
We may need to discuss which video to have placed, but any video is a plus!

FYI,
I had to leak this (nonspecificly) in this thread:
LINK
Some people were talking about a money bomb in late december and I figured it better to share than to by omission support a dozen different efforts popping up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:29 am 
Vice President

i PMd about 6 people that were boosting "blitzs" and i told them to be patient - we were brewing up some things -
for now on,
pm them please.

i do not want lurkers smoking this out until we get the blog roll involved and the key endorsement people in play.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:57 am 
**** General

Understood and OK....sir. :wink:
Though I still find it ironic that I want to participate in such a thing. The whole reason I was against the last one was because of the "one dayness" of it. I'm in the minority here, and that is fine...I'll be on board fully with the majority...but I wish the push for sustained, continuous donating was more sexy than money bombs. I dislike them at their very root.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:19 am 
***** General

I think it hits at a flaw of human nature...we all want to participate in something big and exciting but how many of us persevere consistently when we do not have the encouragement of other for a specific day. I wish the world was as you wished as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:25 am 
**** General

You're probably right, and given an organized "big push" that actually has a chance at being successful, I can more comfortably be on board.
I just always find myself on the opposite spectrum from "human nature". That disturbs me a bit. Need a DNA test to make sure I'm actually human and not the spawn of some alien invasion...though wouldn't that be cool. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:46 am 
Site Admin

Hey guys! I am excited about the fundraising idea. I am just wondering whether December 27th is too late. Have you already discussed this concern?

Here is an email that Ron Paul's campaign sent out to their supporters -- probably out of concern over their December 16th moneybomb.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=39422&

The concern was that money raised that late would not be able to be used in the early states. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:56 am 
**** General

Hey Brett! Or should I say "konnichiwa"? :wink:

I listed in the other thread the opposite concern. Perhaps we are doing it to early already and too close to the forbidden zone of political fundraising...Christmas.

The Paul people are reacting to the fact that they still don't have poll numbers in Iowa or SC. They perceive themselves needing more money to compete. We've got Iowa down...NH could come with a big FairTax push...SC is just organized grassroots away from success.

I was thinking something closer toward New Years, or even on Iowa Caucus day...make it a national Huckabee Day. If you live in Iowa, caucus. If not, donate. Everyone does something positive for Huckabee that day.

Again, I'm fine with whatever. Just my usual blah blah about money bombs and Christmas donations.

*edit - Wow, I could have written Jonathan Bydlak's letter in that Paul forum link under different circumstances!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:21 am 
***** General

The current push will be to hit the November goal. We are in good share for Iowa. I think the fund between now and the end of the month will be good for South Carolina. The Dec. 27th fund will be effective for the Feb. 5th day it is not too late.

We already have an immediate goal (2M for the month)...and we should talk about that more.

The Dec. 27th site should be ready for the Confence Rooms next review on Nov. 23rd. I would like some help with the coding because i would like the pledge counter to be in realtime. It doesn't need to start that way but i would like to get that implemented soon.