Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Resignation
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:19 pm 
I just wanted to be sure each of you saw the following thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11276

Thank you again for your trust. I value the relationship I've formed with each of you and feel so blessed having known you.

God bless each of you wonderful people. I hope to stay in touch.

MSN/Email: tommybrents@hotmail.com
AIM: TommyBrents

Post subject: Re: My Resignation
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:41 pm 
***** General

Liked: 0
Tommy - You fought hard! You finished this project well. I know that God will lead you to other areas where you will continue to serve well.

You were a huge part of this movement's success and I know our paths will cross again.

I know that you are a family man and need to make sure you honor your more important priorities in life. We all need to make sure of this..

"The best form of leadership is the kind that is earned"

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:12 pm 
Tommy, Thank you for all you have done. I remember Gov. Huckabee saying that the videos was his favorite part of this site. So you should be proud.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:42 pm 
***** General

Sorry buddy, we can't accept that resignation, once your in Hucks Army you never can leave.. unless you become a liberal democrat of course.

No goodbyes to you and nor to any of the people in leadership. I want to cherish the relationships and connections we have and use it for greater things.

keep in touch everyone!

email: jutthomas@yahoo.com
AIM: jutthomas

Blog: http://blog.f3coalition.org

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:07 pm 
Vice President

well since most people in here are wishing you well and good blessings and all, i figured id pass along a few more thoughts..

don't let door hit you in the butt....

get out you loser, we are better off with out ya....

but seriously, thank you for all you did for us and for the friendship we have made over time. I look forward to your help in the F3 Coalition and the next phase that we are taking - thanks fro everything.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

You are awesome Tommy. I agree with Justin though. Once it Huck's Army, always in Huck's Army. =)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:37 pm 
***** General

bpassmore wrote:
thanks fro everything.

Yeah Tommy - I agree with Brett. Thanks FRO everything.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
Tommy, thanks so much for everything you've done. You played a BIG part in the success of Huck's Army. Instead of 'good-bye', I'll say 'see you later', because I think we will! Image

Blessings,
Susan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
justinok wrote:
Sorry buddy, we can't accept that resignation, once your in Hucks Army you never can leave.. unless you become a liberal democrat of course.

No goodbyes to you and nor to any of the people in leadership. I want to cherish the relationships and connections we have and use it for greater things.

keep in touch everyone!

email: jutthomas@yahoo.com
AIM: jutthomas

Tommy I agree with Justin, you can take some R & R or but once a soldier in Hucks Army Always a Soldier in Hucks Army. PS Thanks for all your effort and going a great job.

Bill Goins
Sec of Defense
Hucks Army

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:24 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
Thanks for all you have done bro!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 am 
Major General

Liked: 24
No going AWOL, you hear? But, we will give you a furlough. If you don't come back, it will be KP for you.

BUT, seriously, we couldn't have done near what we did without you. Have some good R&R, but we'll come find you when we need you.

Bob

http://www.facebook.com/rockhill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:28 pm 
**** General

thanks, tommy, for all the help you've given me over the months!...you've been a tremendous asset to Huck's Army!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:09 am 
***** General

Might as well keep it within the same topic.

I am resigning from my duties as administrator of the hucks army forum. I had a great time being a moderator, then admin. Just like you all, I have spent countless amount of hours to make this forum better and its hard to leave.

However, its time for me to move on to bigger and better things, and I have to keep my priorities straight.

Gov. Huckabee has dropped out of the race and he's weighing his options. I endorsed Huck because of the values he cherished, not because of what kind of person he was. He is definitely a man of shortcomings like all of us and it was hard at times to defend his past actions (ethics charges on expensive gifts etc). Regardless, I supported him because it is not easy to find a perfect candidate. Our future shouldn't depend on a man, but on God.

That is just my viewpoint.

I will continue to support Huck in any of his endeavors which includes a run in 2012 given that there isn't another candidate who competes with his record on social conservatism.

I would still like to be a regular member, but you may feel free to relieve me of my duties as admin.

Thanks and God bless
Justin

Blog: http://blog.f3coalition.org

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:15 pm 
***** General

Justin - Its people like you that made Hucksarmy so great! Thanks for all you do and I look forward to working with you in the future as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:46 pm 
**** General

Tommy and Justin, from this thread, Brett and Jason from another, you will be missed. Thanks for everything that you have done for this wonderful cause!

The fact that I'm just now noticing this thread I think finally puts me in a similar position. It's sad to say, but I need to be realistic. I’ve struggled with this for a couple weeks, but this thread was the mallet to my head.

David, just a day or two ago I even answered the call in another post to have my name listed under forum leadership. I think that was pretty selfish of me given my general lack of participation for weeks. I've come on to research and admit potential users, read a couple articles and perhaps make a post or two, but that hardly qualifies as "leadership". I'd like to remove myself from that list.

It's difficult to let go of something that has been such a major part of your life for so many months. It's difficult to admit defeat, even if only temporary. With that said, I simply have too many other responsibilities now (responsibilities I can directly attribute to what this team accomplished!) to be effective in the capacity of a leader of this group.

I will still be here to check in every now and again...probably every night or two. If I retain my "status" and notice any "wrongdoing" while here, I will correct it. But it isn’t fair or right for me to assume a “leadership” role knowing full well that despite my best intentions, it just isn’t my first priority right now. There are too many good folks here who deserve mounds more credit, and they deserve to know that right now I can’t be fully counted on for anything more than a routine check of the boards.

It’s been an amazing experience. I finally got a FaceBook account and will try to add everyone as a friend that has an account. Thanks for everything.

Cheers,
Christian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:55 pm 
***** General

Christian - I have come to admire you a lot over the last several months. Like I said before, its people like you that made Huck's Army so great!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:06 pm 
**** General

Man, that means a lot.
I was shaking when I hit that submit button and I'm almost tearing up now. (What a wuss, ya ya)
Again, I'm not leaving completely. That withdrawel would kill me. Once HA, always HA!
This is an amazing organization with amazing people but if I can't put all my energy into it, I need to allow someone else to take my place. That's all I'm saying. Titles are meaningless. It's about the work you do. I don't want to claim or take credit for something I'm not doing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:11 pm 
***** General

That is fine...the list of forum leadership is not meant to be a list of who is very very involved but to know who has ability and who people can ask forum questions to. There is not a specific time commitment and I would like to see every admin/mod listed there eventually.

Do you still want me to remove you?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:40 am 
**** General

If you phrase it like that, sure, go ahead and leave me up.
Folks are always free to mail me and when I'm on I'm still happy to help. I just didn't want the perception to be that I'm involved in any of the major projects or will even be on on a daily basis making dozens of posts. That's not going to be feasible for awhile.

And, do you mean "Huck's Army" in your signature or is "HuckArmy" our new shortened version? :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:42 am 
***** General

Quote:
I just didn't want the perception to be that I'm involved in any of the major projects or will even be on on a daily basis making dozens of posts. That's not going to be feasible for awhile.

You are good. Having your name up there don't rope you into anything. This is a volunteer organization. I know that I have just grateful for whatever anyone else is able to put into it.