Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:57 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
I am suggesting this just to help avoid confusion about where people should put their topics. For example, some threads are started in Grassroots Central that are not Mike Huckabee specific so they should go in Issue Advocacy under General Political News & Discussion. Another example, is an item related to supporting the efforts to promote Mike for VP which should go under Operation McCain / Huckabee 2008. I can't see a reason to put anything in Grassroots Central given these other forums.

I am just thinking of making the forums as straight-forward to use as possible. If you all disagree, that's fine, we can leave it as is.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:09 pm 
*** General

Liked: 7
Looking over how many posts there have been in Grassroots, it isn't being used much. I know just today and yesterday, I posted a couple things that were not Huckabee information, but were issues that were informational and grassroots action alerts. At first, I had to really think about the best place to put them, and decided on Issue Advocacy under General Political News, even though it wasn't totally political news, only that it referenced the President of the U.S. Thinking again, it may have been better placed in Grassroots Central because it was an opportunity for action by our grassroots group, which fills the description under the forum name.
Where would we put issues that were NOT political news then? Non-political issues may arise later on after the election, and this forum would be needed.
At this stage, pretty much ALL our info is politically based because it is about Mike or his issues, so that is probably why no one uses the Grassroots Central right now.
The key difference in General Political News and Discussion and Grassroots Central is issues that are POLITICAL or NOT.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:33 pm 
***** General

Ok, good points.

How about if we changed General Political News & Discussion to General Political/Social News & Discussion?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:49 pm 
*** General

Liked: 7
Do we even need the word "political" in the title?
What about General News and Issues?
(I don't think we need the word "Discussion" because that is a "given", and you already mention it in the description.)
And still keep the description to be about issues other than Mike Huckabee..maybe like this:
This is the place to post and discuss general political and other news that is not specific to Mike Huckabee or opponents for the presidency.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:51 pm 
***** General

That makes sense to me.

I am going to wait on doing this to allow other mods and admins to chime in.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:43 pm 
Lieutenant

Liked: 2
yea I agree with trying to keep the Grassroots forum open, or maybe renaming it. We need a forum for just like "other" type of stuff. Like for instance, I posted in the Grassroots earlier about getting pictures for Huckabee and McCain for a collage I was making. I wasn't really sure where else to put it

But I like the idea of reorganizing these things, and I do like the idea of the new forum (or well the actual renaming), but I would like to keep Grassroots, or at least rename it to something like. "Other Ideas" or something like that (I'm not the most creative name maker :wink: ) because I feel we do need to make a forum for topics such as the one I created about the Huckabee/McCain pictures

"It's when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached."

-- Mike huckabee

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:37 pm 
***** General

ok, that's fine

:oops: soccerdude, I moved your post on the McCain - Huckabee pics to the Operation McCain / Huckabee 2008 forum... does that make sense? I can move it back

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:12 pm 
General

Liked: 52
keneikirk wrote:
Ok, good points.

How about if we changed General Political News & Discussion to General Political/Social News & Discussion?

This is a good idea... guess I might also agree with Debra that "Discussion" doesn't necessarily have to be there if we want to shorten it...I think all of our threads tend to become discussions :)

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:27 pm 
Lieutenant

Liked: 2
keneikirk wrote:
ok, that's fine

:oops: soccerdude, I moved your post on the McCain - Huckabee pics to the Operation McCain / Huckabee 2008 forum... does that make sense? I can move it back

yea that's totally fine!!! :lol: I trust your judgment, and now that you point that out, it probably makes sense to do it that way as well! So awesome idea on that! :D

"It's when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached."

-- Mike huckabee

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:53 pm 
***** General

Ok, I changed General Political News & Discussion to General News & Issues and updated the description to Debra's suggestion. I have left Grassroots Central alone, but I have moved a few other threads out of there to other forums. I think we should monitor it and move threads to other forums as necessary unless it is the only option that makes sense for a topic.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:15 pm 
Major General

Liked: 24
Sounds good to me.

http://www.facebook.com/rockhill