Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:11 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
Here is a my first draft that we will post publicly once we refine it as needed:

Quote:
As time goes by we add new members who are not familiar with all the forums (categories) on Huck's Army or we start getting sloppy on where we post things, so we wanted to provide some guidelines to help everyone.

1. If you have a Huckabee-related news article you want to post in the Mike Huckabee in the News & Editorials forum, your title should look like this:

SOURCE: Title of article (e.g., NYT: Huckabee Plans to Run Marathon) [I pulled that one out of a hat]

The body of the first post should include the following:

a) A LINK to the article. (paste in the web address of the article, e.g. http://www.nytimes.com)
b) The article copied and pasted, in full, inside quote brackets. (click on the Quote button that is above the text box for your post and paste in the text of the article)
c) Optional: Any $0.02 you may want to add.

Don't be afraid to use commonly known abbreviations for news sources. E.g., WA-PO for Washington Post, NYT for New York Times, P-I for Seattle Post Intelligencer, HUFF-PO for Huffington Post, etc. If the title of your article is too long for the subject line, feel free to abbreviate or summarize in fewer words.

Also, please post threads (topics) in the appropriate forums. If what you want to post is not a Huckabee-related news or editorial item, please do not post it in the Huckabee News & Editorial forum.

2. If you know of an event where Mike Huckabee will be appearing, put it in the Mike Huckabee Schedule subforum under Mike Huckabee in the News.

When submitting a new event that Mike will be at, use the following format:

DATE - PLACE/EVENT - CITY

EXAMPLE:
APR 12 2008 - Denton College Celebration - Smile, OK

3. If you want to post a link to your own blog article, please post that in the Blog Central forum.

4. If you have an article that is general nature, post it in General News & Issues.

5. If it is an article on another presidential candidate, current or former (from THIS election cycle), please post it in the General News & Forums under the appropriate sub-forum.

6. If what you want to post is an action item or something having to do with advocating for an issue, put it in the Issue Advocacy forum.

7. If you have a slightly off-topic, I'm-not-sure-where-to-post-this kind of thread, please post it in the Community Center forum.

8. If you want to make a faith or values related post, go ahead and post it under the Faith & Values sub-forum (found under the Community Center forum).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:12 am 
*** General

Liked: 7
keneikirk wrote:
As time goes by we add new members who are not familiar with all the forums on this board or we start getting sloppy on where we post things, so we wanted to provide some guidelines to help everyone.

Ken, I don't want to seem too basic here, but trying to look through the eyes of the new tech person, if we are targeting NEW members, we may want to explain what a "Forum" and "board" is. Maybe instead of "the forums on this board", say "the forums (categories) on Hucks Army".
keneikirk wrote:
1) A LINK to the article.
2) The article copied and pasted, in full, inside quote brackets.

1. Here, maybe to clarify to new users, explain how to do the LINK.
2. Again, briefly explain how to place the article inside the quote brackets.
keneikirk wrote:
Also, please post threads in the appropriate forums.

Explain what "threads" are--maybe say instead, "post threads (topics) in the appropriate forums (categories)."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:57 am 
***** General

Thanks for the feedback Debra! I updated my first post with those.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:17 pm 
General

Liked: 52
I like it, Ken. Thanks for volunteering to take the time for this (since it was actually my request so likely more-or-less my responsibility)!

In the section that tells what topics should be placed in which forums, I wondered if it might help to set each apart for easy visibility either numerically or by placing part of it in bold (something like this?):

Quote:
If you want to post a link to your own blog article, please post that in the Blog Central forum.

If it is an article on another presidential candidate, current or former (from THIS election cycle), please post it in the Green Room under the appropriate sub-forum (if there is one).

I'm not sure that makes a WHOLE lot of difference, though, so I'm not completely set on it. I think this will be helpful to get out there so (if and when people follow it) it will be much easier to quickly look through posts and ensure, not only uniformity, but that we are not making duplicate posts of articles.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:44 pm 
***** General

Thanks for the feedback Mary. I updated my original post accordingly.

I am now going to post this in the Forum Guidelines and Announcements forum. If there are any further edits that are necessary we can edit it there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:52 pm 
General

Liked: 52
Oh, I just thought of a question I have had when posting: I often have put the latest note from Mike on the HuckPAC blogs in "Mike Huckabee in the News and Editorials" (and I've seen others put it there as well), but is that the proper place for it if it's written BY Mike?

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:57 pm 
***** General

I think that is fine. His site is the source of the news, but... it is news, if possibly biased. :mrgreen: