Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Welcome new mods!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
We haven't officially welcomed the recently added mods, so this is to say welcome to:

marybunton
Debra
nrobyar (in-rob-yar; that's not hard to say... Bill :-) )
tpetersel

Believe me, I am thankful to have you all on board!!!!! Many hands make light work and all of you are top notch - last night's call confirmed that to me!!

I was thinking that it might be helpful to have a conference call to go over how to do the mod functions and answer questions along those lines you might have. If you would be interested, please post here to let me know and I will set up a call if there is enough interest. David Schmidt has a team huck call thursday night, so I wouldn't want to conflict with that. What are good days and times for you? (old-timers are welcome too :-) )

We could do tonight or tomorrow night at 10pm EST. Otherwise, let me know other good times for you; even next week if that would be better.

Also, we can always PM each other, but it would be good to make a habit of posting here and dialoguing ideas in this forum so that everyone can chime in who wants to and our discussions can be open between us.

Post subject: Re: Welcome new mods!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:40 pm 
***** General

Liked: 0
Thank you for the welcome!

We can conference if you'd like, but your tutorials are actually pretty awesome :) I'm just reading them over and over. I'm on vacation, so anytime is good for me

I noticed some names surfacing again ever so slowly of folks coming to check out the vp action I think. Names I haven't seen in months.

I got the impression that Bill really wants to build the active base again, and I was thinking we probably need to have a 'reason' or prompt for folks to check out the forum and post again.

Does anyone know if HA is planning to send out an email blast to invite members to pop by once we roll out the 'official' Huck for VP agenda?

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:38 pm 
*** General

Liked: 7
It is good to have great, like-minded (and hearted) people around to make things happen for Mike! I see God still working in the whole process in lifting Mike up as a leader for us to follow. He has given us all a HOPE again for this country and the election process. Most of us have never shown interest in politics before, and what motivates us seems to be supernatural! I feel honored to be a part of what God is doing! I want to use any gifts He has given me to contribute to this cause of returning God's standards to our country. I also know that we are in the end days and He may allow things to happen that we don't expect or want. We are in this for the long fight.
Thanks again, Ken, for being a great leader for us too, at HA. We are all eager to learn and do whatever it takes!

Bill will probably post what he wants to go out about the VP push. There is certainly alot of new "buzz" about this effort, which will build and build until McCain makes his choice. I think HA people are always willing to help and work hard, even if they may have some doubts about McCain right now. We still have to move forward and do what we think is the right thing for this country, and follow Mike' s lead.

Personally, using this conference room for questions and answers and then "hands-on" is the best way to go for me, but if you feel a conference call is needed and everyone wants it now, that is fine too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:09 pm 
General

Liked: 52
I could participate if something is set up for tonight or tomorrow night.

Anything I need to know from the conference call I missed last night?

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:48 pm 
***** General

I plan to do a conference call tomorrow night, Wednesday 6/4 at 10pm EST to help anyone who wants some help with the moderator functions.
Here is the conf call# 616-712-8000 and code=886882#.

I mainly want to help provide technical assistance on how to do things (including embed videos... hint, hint.. if you don't know how you should be on the call), but we can also discuss how to manage the forums, how to better organize the forums if there are suggestions, and other issues, concerns, questions.

The call last night was to talk with a couple of McCain supporters about how we could work together to promote Huckabee as VP and to help McCain win the general election.

Those guys seemed to genuinely appreciate the comments posted on the mccainnow.com site (there is a thread on here about it) and said they realized they needed to build a coalition and not assume Huckabee supporters would get behind McCain. They were impressed with what Huck's Army has been able to accomplish and think Mike should be the VP pick for his ability to complement McCain but also to draw in his grassroots supporters who would be a real asset to McCain.

I mentioned that I believe that McCain needs to do something like come out in support of the Fair Tax to light a fire under his base.

There should be another call next week. I will try to post that info here when I know it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:01 am 
***** General

Liked: 6
Quote:
Does anyone know if HA is planning to send out an email blast to invite members to pop by once we roll out the 'official' Huck for VP agenda?

Yeah...this is in the works.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:43 pm 
***** General

Welcome GrannyT!!

I see that Bill added you as a mod. I plan to do a conference call tonight, Wednesday 6/4 at 10pm EST to help anyone who wants some help with the moderator functions.
Here is the conf call# 616-712-8000 and code=886882#.

I realize this is short notice but if you can make it, great. Otherwise, we can find another time if you need the help.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:46 pm 

Liked: 152
Thanks, Ken.
I'll try if I get home from church soon enough. Bill said I can call him if I ever run into problems cuz he talks faster than he types.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:41 pm 
General

I'm not opposed to changing the date/time of the call, especially as it seems that it will be tough for GrannyT and tpetersel to be involved tonight, and they are the two newest mods... This transcontinental time difference might be a challenge at times, I guess!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:12 pm 
***** General

Ok, how about tomorrow night at 10pm EST (6/5/08)? Or another day or time?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:22 pm 
***** General

keneikirk wrote:
Ok, how about tomorrow night at 10pm EST (6/5/08)? Or another day or time?

We could try to plan ahead for friday.. I'm hoping to at least listen in on David's team Huck call tomorrow night. I'm on vacation, so if east coast folks want an earlier time, it doesn't matter to me to do the call earlier pacific time :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:03 pm 
***** General

I guess it would help if I had a decent memory... I knew David has a Team Huck call tomorrow... duh.

The only thing with Friday is that Linda Rayborn said she couldn't do it then.

OK, how about next Monday night? If not, next Tuesday night?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:14 pm 
General

either Monday/Tuesday at 10p EST would be fine for me, and either would actually be better than Friday since I will be in SC for my brother's rehearsal and wedding the next day.

I am also going to try to at least listen in on Thursday's Team Huck call, although I plan to be on the road to SC at that time...we'll have to see what kind of coverage Verizon has in those areas.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:29 pm 
***** General

Either works for me!!

Gotta shower and head of to youth soon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
Tuesday would be better for me, but if Monday is better for everybody else, I'll make arangements to be on here! I definitely need the help!!! Looking forward to it!!!

Linda

Just post on here when.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:25 pm 
Major General

Liked: 24
Welcome to the new Mods. Sorry I've been gone so much. We've sold our house and are trying to buy another and it's been hectic. Glad to see things are going well here. I'll try to be more visible again. Keep up the good work!

Bobrocky

http://www.facebook.com/rockhill

Post subject: How to split a thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:53 pm 
***** General

I'm trying and struggling with a split topic/merge. Can somone else take over? I think the common sense blog thread started by bill on TVVs thread should have its own thread.

I tried to split, and created a thread called time for some common sense, but it started with the wrong post :oops:

Can someone get in there and move over everything including and after Bill's initial post on that subject?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:58 pm 
***** General

I will give it a shot.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:14 pm 
***** General

Did that do it? Did I get all the posts that should go on the Common Sense Coalition blog thread? If you don't like the title, feel free to change it.

Also, we can use this thread tonight on our conference call to show how to split a topic since this one should be split out :lol: and it won't affect any thread that all other users can see.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:33 pm 
***** General

yup...perfect!