Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SLOW BURN
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:09 pm 
***** General

Liked: 0
I must be hormonal...(sorry boys)

I've got a headache, my eyes are blurry from checking the board all day...I'm cranky about the MSNBC poll, and I'm wishing McCain would just make a vp pick already...cause I'm feeling it might not be Mike, and I just want to go to sleep already..

Or maybe actually read something for fun! *sigh*

I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning...

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: SLOW BURN
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:12 pm 

Liked: 152
You've been doing great. Spend some time alone with God. Give Him your problems. Start reading something fun or uplifting and get some sleep. We need you stress free and rested for tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:01 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
tpetersel wrote:
I must be hormonal...(sorry boys)

I've got a headache, my eyes are blurry from checking the board all day...I'm cranky about the MSNBC poll, and I'm wishing McCain would just make a vp pick already...cause I'm feeling it might not be Mike, and I just want to go to sleep already..

Or maybe actually read something for fun! *sigh*

I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning...

GrannyT, I really feel for those young folk that are trying to stay up with us. LOL Sorry Tina, just had to brag on us old folk a little, just get some rest we have a long way to go and summer is justing starting.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:33 am 
*** General

Liked: 7
tpetersel wrote:
my eyes are blurry from checking the board all day...I'm cranky about the MSNBC poll, and I'm wishing McCain would just make a vp pick already...cause I'm feeling it might not be Mike

We can easily get discouraged if we focus on our circumstances. When we stop and look at the months we have been emailing, posting, searching and sharing articles, phone banking, our time, our money...so much for so long...we can wonder if we are really making a difference, and will it ever end, and is it all for naught??
Except for each other, all around us we see and hear that we are wasting our time.
But what energizes us is bigger than that. It's never been about what we can get in return or to make us feel good.
We all feel like you do, Tina. That's why we need each other, to give each other a rest and as "iron sharpens iron", we will keep each other encouraged and focused, and come back to fight another day.
I went for a walk tonight and enjoyed the sunset. I know He is in control and He loves me, and sometimes I have to be reminded of both of those things.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:16 pm 
***** General

Liked: 0
Thanks guys..

Feeling somewhat better this morning. I never really stopped, even after Mike withdrew, so it just feels like an eternity of effort with not much to show at times.

But we keep trucking, one day at a time.

BTW, have we emailed the meetup group leaders about the MSNBC poll?

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:52 pm 
*** General

Liked: 7
I am involved with 2 Michigan Meetups and 1 National one, and they all get the info here. Other than that, I don't know how many active ones there really are. My 3 are still pretty active.