Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:43 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
I just approved a new member: planetromney.org. You can check out the site of the same name to see what it is about (pretty obvious :roll: ). Keep an eye on him. I figured I would let him on to see if he would behave himself. If not, warn and ban him as necessary.

Also, David and Bill, are you getting the emails about new members needing to be activated? I have handled 3 or so yesterday and this morning. I won't be on too often so it would be good for you guys to follow up on those.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:05 am 
***** General

Liked: 0
I don't know.. if he wants to read the boards he can, without joining.. I'm not sure what his motivation for being here is?

Plus the anti-mitt rhetoric has escalated in the last little bit.. and he'll mhave direct access to all of our polls and email alerts..

Its a free country I guess. At least he didn't try to hide his ID

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:57 pm 

Liked: 152
Probably wanted to join to get into the member only threads and to be able to respond.

Thanks for the heads up, Ken.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:05 pm 
***** General

Liked: 0
This is bothering me..

Is there a way to contact this person directly to find out their motivation for being on the board? This is a community for Mike's supporters. he's not even pretending to be one.

He hasn't posted yet..and I suspect probably won't. He just wants access to the member only threads to do opposition research I'm betting.

I think we should contact him and if unsatisfied with the response, go ahead with the ban. :|

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:11 pm 
*** General

Liked: 7
I would question why he would even try to join with using that name. It sounds like a challenge. He is trying to prove that he CAN get on and then just spying? or is he attracted to Huckabee? I think the fact that he didn't change his user name before he registered here is a problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 6
I have issues with this....this is a pro-Huckabee board. If this guy does not support Mike, he needs to be kicked out.

Yes, I do get the activation emails.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:19 pm 
General

Liked: 52
so does he get one of my welcome PM's?? I don't really want to provide helpful hints to a romney guy, if you know what I mean! You guys have seen my standard welcome PM - what do you think? I typically send it to absolutely EVERYONE.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:30 pm 
*** General

Can you see what the rest of Hucks Army will think when they see we allowed him/her in?? When they post the first time, they will get clobbered with that username! They will demand to know what we were thinking!
C'mon, Ken!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:42 pm 
***** General

I PMed this user and asked if they support Huckabee, etc...if they do not, I will boot them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:01 pm 
*** General

what if they say YES, how will you know if they are telling the truth?
Are you going to let them use that username? What would be their motive for that?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:02 pm 
***** General

i would make them change their username...etc...let's cross that bridge when we get there...i doubt they will say yes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:39 pm 
***** General

Well, you can certainly ban him if you all decide that is best.

I was curious to see how he would interact on here. What if there was a chance to build a bridge with an least one ardent Romney supporter?

Again, if you all decide it is best to not allow him on here, that's fine with me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:30 am 
***** General

planetromney.org
Message subject: Re: HuckabeeFolder: Inbox
Understood. It's up to you guys.

I did write an e-mail to hucksarmy@gmail.com. In case they didn't get it I'll attach it here.

Quote:
Hello Hucks Army!

You run a good site. I've read a lot of interesting discussions on it. I recently registered to be able to comment in your forums. I imagine that you'll see my log-in name planetromney.org and refuse me because I may be a troller and may jump in just to try to stir the pot. I'm writing to attempt to persuade you that such is not the case. If I were to be a troller I would assume a false name and start off by writing things just like everyone else, which would be very easy. So as you can see I am not trying to hide anything. My intent in wanting to join your forums is not to battle everything I think is misstated, or even engage in argument. Sometimes though I wish I could post thoughts in response to things a certain poster may not have thought about. I'll be very careful in what I say and even how I say it, so as not to stir great contention because I have no interest in it.

If you will not have me, then I understand. If you do allow me, then you may monitor my comments and ban me if you felt it necessary.

Thanks,
Nate G.
Orem, UT

Sent at: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:59 am

View message

davidblp
Message subject: Re: HuckabeeFolder: Sent messages
Gotcha.

I am actually kinda torn here. The policy of this forum is that it is a forum for Mike Huckabee supporters only. Not because we do not think that there shouldn't be engagement and discussion with other but because it keeps all of us on the forum focused on helping Mike and not debating with others here...there are lots of places where debates can take place.

So I will take your case to our admin group although I think that the decision will be to remove you from the board because it is in volation of our board rules.

May the consevative movement be strong and vibrant!

Sent at: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:44 am

View message

planetromney.org
Message subject: Re: HuckabeeFolder: Inbox
Hi, David. No I am actually a Romney supporter as my screen name suggests, so I am not trying to hide anything. I have been reading the forums for a little while and hoped to be able to comment once in a while so I registered. Not to worry though, I'm completely amiable and non-combative. I will makes some inputs here and there, not to stir up any dust, but to make polite corrections on things I feel were mischaracterized.

You are quite the avid poster, I see your name and face quite often.

I hope we can have peacable discussion together as we should be engaged in the same cause of conservatism.

-Nate G.

Sent at: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:18 am

View message

davidblp
Message subject: HuckabeeFolder: Sent messages
Did you support Huckabee for President or do you support Huckabee for VP?

Sent at: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:28 pm

View message

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:31 am 
***** General

Above is my converstaion with the guy...he is from Utah...intersting.

I say we tell him thanks and try to develop a personal relationship with the guy but don't let him on the forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:02 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
Ken and All, I seen the name to be approved and I passed on approving it.I thought I would take the easy way out. LOL I think the place for him to register and make comments is http://www.commonsensecoaliation.info/phbb that is where other McCain supporters will be meeting with Huck supporters. That will be a more open forum to maybe discuss the things he wants to disciss and I would and I am sure some more of you would be willing to communiate with him there. It is best to have him go and register there and leave a comment or start a topic of his choice and then we can at least give him a chance to join in the movement. I vote to tell him to go to http://www.commonsensecoaliation.info/phbb and we will be glad to allow him to post if he behaves himself.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:14 am 
*** General

Quote:
I will makes some inputs here and there, not to stir up any dust, but to make polite corrections on things I feel were mischaracterized.

Quote:
I wish I could post thoughts in response to things a certain poster may not have thought about.

He is wanting to stump for Romney.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:57 am 

Hucks Army wrote:
Ken and All, I seen the name to be approved and I passed on approving it.I thought I would take the easy way out. LOL I think the place for him to register and make comments is http://www.commonsensecoaliation.info/phbb that is where other McCain supporters will be meeting with Huck supporters. That will be a more open forum to maybe discuss the things he wants to disciss and I would and I am sure some more of you would be willing to communiate with him there. It is best to have him go and register there and leave a comment or start a topic of his choice and then we can at least give him a chance to join in the movement. I vote to tell him to go to http://www.commonsensecoaliation.info/phbb and we will be glad to allow him to post if he behaves himself.

Sound like words of wisdom. I'll agree with that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:49 am 
***** General

I went ahead and removed him.

I wish I could claim it was a senior moment, but alas...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:53 am 

keneikirk wrote:
I went ahead and removed him.

I wish I could claim it was a senior moment, but alas...

Maybe not a senior moment; how about, "Things like that happen when someone tries working while on vacation." :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:40 pm 
*** General

OR... Things like that happen when....
(here I go again--TFS --Time For Silliness)

....you can't think clearly because you have drank too many root BEER floats
....you aren't getting enough sleep because you have been waking up in the middle of the night panicking that the mice have all become ADMINS while you were gone, and have BANNED you.
...you can't relax on vacation because you know one of the first things you are going to have to do when you get back is BUMP the OFFICIAL List of Currently Active VP Polls AGAIN.
...you realize you have 1 day left of vacation and you are out of root beer!