Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:53 pm 
General

Liked: 52
Homeschooled 14-year-old Dave in SC has been a member of the forums for over a month now, and from his HA profile and numerous HuckPAC posts I would be more than shocked to find out he is anything other than a true Huckabee supporter.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:57 pm 
***** General

Liked: 0
Dave has been registered since May, and came in with a signature that linked him to a recognizable Huck Pac ranger name. It could be part of a cover, but he could also be the real deal. Hijacking a trusted name from one forum to use on another would not be something to put past a troublemaker..

Given how he is the direct connection to this site, and his 'super co-operative tone' He may indeed be worth investigating. I'm still waiting on a pm reply to my question about how he found the blog.

I'm surprised to hear he's 14.. He doesn't 'talk' like a 14 yr old on this site... I thought he was a grown man!

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:22 pm 
*** General

Liked: 7
Not to be too suspicious of Dave, but 14 yr. olds are the best computer hackers around! And Homeschooled kids are the smartest kids around! Of course, I could be way off, but I still feel the two are somehow connected, even if not directly. Or Dave could be making up the website himself.
He has been on the inside here for long enough to know everything about us. planetromney could certainly to be connected to the Danite site, and this didn't happen until we rejected him. I just know we want to learn from this experience. If McCain chooses Mike for vp, this experience will seem like a walk in the park.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:51 pm 
General

I'm wondering if an admin could give insight into why AV Fundamentalist and SC Fundamentalist are no longer listed as members?

(Since I send the welcome PM to EVERYONE, I notice member names, and during the discussion here I wondered if and why Dave in SC had registered under different user names. 2 weeks ago I received an email sent by AV Fundamentalist and signed "David"' that I forwarded to Ken, so I know my mind didn't just trick me into thinking that user name existed!)

I still think it unlikely Dave in SC is a concern, but I want to take everything into consideration, especially due to the fact that others have a higher level of concern than my own!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:18 pm 
*** General

We might need to wait until Ken returns this week.
David has been gone and may not be up to speed on some of this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:23 pm 
***** General

LOL.. would now be a good time to review the prophetic list of catastrophies that were supposed to befall us while Ken was on vacation?..*giggles*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:31 pm 
*** General

Ya know, the list DID include something about VP Polls...didn't it? ooooo...too weird.
I hope my Day 7 one where Ken is undecided if he should come back at all doesn't come to fruition..we need to keep him off the Conference Room threads until he comes back! Any ideas on how to hide them?? 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
"Dave in SC" was "AV Fundamentalist". He asked me to change his member name, which I did.

I have to admit that I had become used to moderating this board by myself for so long that I am not always good about posting stuff on here to let you all know. I will try to work on that.

Do you all want to have a conference call? How about tomorrow some time? Can it wait until then? I will check later tonight but if you need to reach me, feel free to call - 904-537-9368.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:56 pm 
***** General

I think we can hold down the fort Ken :)

I got a response from Dave on how he found the site.

Quote:
Thank you, I’ll let the Administration handle it and won’t post on it any more. In answer to your question, I was looking on the “unite the GOP under Romney” blog, and came across a comment saying HA was an “evil organization.” When GrannyT, others and I responded, the person who called himself “Danite General,” said, “You just wait till the Avenging Angles get you.” I wondered what the Avenging Angels were, so I goggled it and found nothing. I set up a blog search that would notify me of any sights by those names, and was e-mailed by Google when someone started the Danite sight. That’s how I found it.
-David in South Carolina

I don't know..will it fly?

He posted a link to a salvation tract today.. I think we need to step away from religion for a bit..lol

He's not joking when he calls himself a fundamentalist!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:17 pm 
General

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I just wanted to say thanks to tpetersel for encouraging the boys to "play nice" on The Trial thread Dave in SC started. Once people start using words like "ridiculous" as responses to each other, we have to make sure to keep things under control! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:20 pm 

Liked: 152
Wow! A lot has happened. Are you sure this guy is only 14? He sure knows a lot. But, like you said,homeschoolers do know a lot. His last response verifies he was the one that started the thread that was deleted.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:21 am 
*** General

Quote:
http://www.thenextright.com/rensen/faux-grassroots-website-debunked
Just found this posted on TheNextRight site that posted the Danite stuff earlier:
Faux Grassroots Website Debunked..

Edit: I think we have come to the conclusion that the issue initially addressed in this post was a very, very, very stupid stunt intended to provoke Huckabee supporters.

It was a knee jerk reation to post it over here, and for that I apologize sincerely. It was in poor taste.We're doing the best we can on our end to kill any overreaction in the Huckabee base before it gets out of hand, but people are understandably upset.

As a show of good faith, I'm taking down the post. But I I think the observation in the comments that implies this was about us making Mitt look bad is unfair..

If anything, WE were the targets of some very offensive and borderline threatening bigotry from someone claiming claiming to support Mitt. (although it is difficult to prove that they are sincere supporters)

What good will it do us or the party to fume in the shadows when challenges occur. There is a good chance if we hadn't hashed this out together that some may have run with it to forums that could have done way more damage.

-----
There were alot of comments too. Someone names "Rensen" from their site sounds like she is part of Hucks Army. Who is she??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:08 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
Quote:
There were alot of comments too. Someone named "Rensen" from their site sounds like she is part of Hucks Army. Who is she??

That's Tina - tpetersel. You might have heard of her :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:52 am 
*** General

I am always the last to know everything.. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:20 am 
***** General

*giggles* :oops:

I did say I'd initially posted the link over there..

Raised quite a furore.. most people thought it was some kid on a laptop..some thought it was paulbots trying to disturb unity.. and of course the romulan huck haters thought it was about trying to make Mitt look bad.. :roll:

The comments were hijacked eventually by two guys trying to decide if libertarianism has a place in the GOP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:25 am 

Just wanted to post that Huck's Army is still alive and well. Don't know if it's because this really was a hoax or because "Our God is bigger than their gods."
Let's praise God either way.Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:50 pm 
***** General

Of course.

The first thing I thought when it went down today was that we were done in!..lol

Bill said the computer company had a connectivity problem because of some solar flare ups.

I think it may be time to encourage folks sign on to the McCain/Huckabee forum as a back up site. They can do it directly and pretty easily at this link.

http://commonsensecoalition.info/phpbb/

I know some may not want to give the info for a John Hancock save08 sign up right away.. but at least we can get some folk active on the blog?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:16 pm 
*** General

I didn't know it went down? HA?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:30 pm 

Debra wrote:
I didn't know it went down? HA?

I didn't either. What time was it down?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:36 pm 
***** General

I couldn't get on for about 20 mins or more.. maybe an hour ago? I called Bill and was going to leave a message for Mary and Ken on facebook.