Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:16 pm 
I think the intention of this is to try to get us worked up. It is distrubing, especially the hit list, but I thing we should only use it to motivate us in our efforts. When people attack you, you know you are doing something right. Press on and be of good courage!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:25 pm 
*** General

Liked: 7
We must be "over the Target" and a real threat for them to go to all this trouble.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
These are nuts, if you ask me. They act like they belong to some sort of cult. How do you know that they are on this site? McCain said recently he is not going by polls. I think we should focus our energies on postive things, like putting positive comments beneath blogs, writing positive statements on mccainnow.com and of course voting in the polls. But there is really nothing we can do about those crazy people out there. I DO wish they could be exposed because McCain should know what folks Romney has attracted.....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:42 pm 
***** General

Liked: 0
Whoa.....

Calm down everybody.. (just back from a shopping trip)

We sound like a bunch of chickens running around without heads. First things first..as I said out on the boards, the objective is to fluster us.. and we're flustered. Don't let them do that!

Again.. these are people..as 'scary' as their talk is, they are just another grassroots organization..and we have to treat them that way. They may have some crazy members, but that's not really our concern, supporting Mike is.

Also, before we go nuclear.. we have to do what we can't to make sure this isn't a rogue Huck supporter, or even a trolling democrat trying to set Mitt up and start a war in the GOP base. Could you imagine if we blow this up and it gets traced back to a Huck supporter or a dem??

We need to pm Dave SC and find out how he found this site.. is he Mormon? was he doing a keyword search?..This is not something you just bump into. It appears the site was created today, and both posts were made today. How did he find it so quickly. How did he know about it?

When did he join HA? I know I didn't suspect him because he identified himself by a familiar Huckpac name and seems to be a sincere supporter. But a troll with an agenda would set up a perfect cover.. we need to be cautious.

Unfortunately we deleted the last thread, so we can't know if he was the one who posted the comment that first mentioned the danites.

We need to sit tight.. inform the hitlist folks just so they know.. and maybe share with the McCainnow folks.. but we shouldn't blog or spread this until we're sure that Huck supporters are not involved.

I'm probably going to take down the post at TNR until we do some footwork on this.

I don't think we should get the members riled up about it right now either.. JMHO

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:24 am 
***** General

Liked: 6
This Romney blog that was put up is soooooooo ridiculous that we should not be giving it any credence.

The blog would only serve to offent most Romney supporters as well.

We should not promote or talk about this blog publically in any way. If we feel that threats on the blog are illegal, we should contact Google who runs blogspot and work through their process and with the authorities if necessary to address any illegal statements of threats.

We do not want to be seen as trying to promote this because it serves nobody other than to make more Huckabee/Romney hate. We need this war to end so the GOP can stay intact. We need to build solid PERSONAL relationships with Romney supporters as that is the only way we are going to win them over in time.

I am sorry that I was not here because I was at Yousemite all day...beautiful place by the way...hiked 8 miles and am now a bit sore.

Please let me know what you think of this. We need to not stir the pot.

David 559-970-3575

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:35 am 
*** General

In reference to the Threads started by Linda and Tina: "Hackers Falsifying Poll Numbers?" and "ABC Poll: Something Fishy Here?" ---
I'm not sure posting all of this on the public forum is profitable. We should pm or conference room this until we all decide how to respond, shouldn't we?
We do need to respond to the thread and posts yesterday about the Danite site...we said we were talking as Admins and Mods and deciding how to respond. Bill, David, and Ken need to be the ones to lead on this I think. David and Alex Harris have already given their thoughts, but if we don't want people overreacting on this, we better act soon. I think some will be quite upset that it seems we are brushing this under the rug. Word hasn't gotten out to many yet since it is a weekend and many are not viewing. I don't think it is profitable for each of us to publicly state our opinions on how to react, but to come out with one, unified statement and then drop it. Let's keep on keepin' on, just the way we have been, but learning from this, that we must be always vigilant that everything we post can and will be "used against us" if there is a way. The internet is a powerful tool, but can be used for good or for evil.
A short quick statement would be enough of our reaction to this, and how we will handle future vp polls, if at all. I think once people think their votes in the polls don't count and are being hijacked, they won't vote in any of them.
Today's Prayer Focus is appropriate as we go through this:
May Your will be done as the truth is revealed. Amen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:32 am 

Liked: 152
Quote:
We need to pm Dave SC and find out how he found this site.. is he Mormon? was he doing a keyword search?..This is not something you just bump into. It appears the site was created today, and both posts were made today. How did he find it so quickly. How did he know about it?

I think he is the one that posted the deleted thread. If I remember correctly; he is a former Mormon that I assume got saved and left. That could explain how he knows some of their tactics and his slightly fearful motivation to expose them. He posted links that revealed Mormon doctrines and one of those links was to chick.com, Jack Chick on the hit list.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:17 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
This is probably HA heresy, but I don't think the VP polls will make a hill of beans difference to who McCain will pick. It is quick and easy to vote, so I do but I am not holding my breath that it will affect the ultimate outcome.

To me the value of them is to keep HA members tuned in. My personal bent is towards issue advocacy - pro-life, Fair Tax, etc....

If and when McCain picks Mike, things will get really hopping. Otherwise, Mike will continue to advocate for his issues and gain more name recognition and respect with the Fox News gig, various speaking engagements, etc...

That's my two cents...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:55 am 
*** General

First, I think whoever deleted Dave SC's post should PM him and explain why we did that, if it hasn't been done already. Tina or Linda I assume since you were first on the scene?
Then, it was posted on the locked thread that we were "deciding what to do" with the situation, and would let them know. We need to do that--one post. One united statement. Then drop it before it spreads like wildfire and turns into something bigger than we want to deal with.
Most of us have commented here what we think, so if we can compile the main thoughts into one, that should do. I would be willing to do that or help with that, if need be. I just think we should do it today before the week starts and more people come on the site.
Has anyone talked to Bill yet? I finally went to bed after 10:30 pm and didn't hear anything about a conference call.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:10 pm 
***** General

My suggestion would be to edit the post Dave made and delete the direct link to the danite blog, and maybe paraphrase his concerns.

I think we should also edit or delete jumping beans long comment on that thread, and as it seems that Bill and David are in agreement that we shouldn't blow this out of proportion, maybe they could state that my original reaction to the post is our official position on the group, and that we will archive polls that are no longer current, so that they cannot be used by trolls to undo our work..

Sound good?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:46 pm 
***** General

I went ahead and edited all of the posts on that thread for imflamatory content.. ex Huckabee hating mormons.. and holy war..etc.

I also pmed the posters to let them know I did it.

Also edited my own post to indicate that it could be a hoax and not to overreact, and took down the entry at TNR.. (that was a knee jerk reaction that I regret) thank goodness it was a weekend and we didn't put it on RCP.

If we all agree to the content of my post, an admin can quote it and confirm that it is our official position on the situation. Here is what my post said.

Quote:
This is a tricky situation..

It will be our job to try to keep this debate secular/ political. This was never about a 'religious war', though someone obviously seems to think it can be made into one.

This blog was created TODAY and both posts were likewise created today.. There is a strong chance that this is a hoax, created by someone to stir up trouble and division in the GOP base, so we must react cautiously.

Even if it is a 'real' organization, they are incorrect to think that we are 'afraid' because Mike has lost the lead in a few polls. We are not 'afraid'.. puzzled, maybe because Mitt's supporters had been heretofore disorganized. But as they were silly enough to reveal themselves, (assuming they exist) now we understand the nature of the challenge, it can be adressed.

On the question of FEAR.. which the blogger claims to be one of their tactics to get us off message and focus.. there is a simple answer. (Here I will allow myself one 'spiritual response')

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power and a sound mind." I may not be 'spiritual' on the boards, but I can pray for the peace of all our troops. I Fear no man, and neither should anyone who is part of this effort to get a good and decent man elected.

As for tatics.. HA admin will go into a huddle on this one, and we'll let you know what we come up with.

The thing to remember is, Romney supporters are 'human' too.. this is, and has always been a numbers game..either there are more of them, or there are more of us. We don't cheat...if they do, that's their bad..we don't lower ourselves to their standard. If we want to win.. we just need to get out the vote.

Finally... these are just unscientific polls.. In the end, this will all amount to John McCain's use of his judgement.. If he thinks Mitt will get him the win, that's his call, if he thinks it will be Mike, still his call.

This grassroots organization, (because that is all they are 'avenging angels' notwithstanding,) with their attempts at scare tactics, will live with the results of McCain's decision..just as we will.

I think all that is left to do on that thread is have an administrator post whatever decision we have made about what to do with the VP poll thread.

I propose again, that we archive old polls and temporarily sticky new ones before archiving them a week or so later.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:51 pm 
***** General

VP POLLS:
VP polls are inaccurate due to the fact that many, if not most can be manipulated in some way. Because of this, we are doing to de-emphasize polls.

That doesn't mean that we still shouldn't vote in them, we just need to unerstand that it is more important to reach real Americans with the message of common sense, ethical, and principal based goverment.

If other people take our polls information then so be it. It only helps spread our website as they share our website with others. Maybe we should make some pro-Huckabee ads to run on our site that these people will have to look at.

Also, many of these polls are old and after the first couple days of voting, the only people visiting them are poll voters who have their mind made up.

Let's not let polls stress us out...they should be fun and we need to remember that our real goal is building a Huckabee movement and that is a positive thing we can do whether their is a poll to vote in or not. We don't need an enemy to grow our support, we just need to stick to our positive message.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:04 pm 
***** General

davidblp wrote:
VP POLLS:
VP polls are inaccurate due to the fact that many, if not most can be manipulated in some way. Because of this, we are doing to de-emphasize polls.

That doesn't mean that we still shouldn't vote in them, we just need to unerstand that it is more important to reach real Americans with the message of common sense, ethical, and principal based goverment.

If other people take our polls information then so be it. It only helps spread our website as they share our website with others. Maybe we should make some pro-Huckabee ads to run on our site that these people will have to look at.

Also, many of these polls are old and after the first couple days of voting, the only people visiting them are poll voters who have their mind made up.

Let's not let polls stress us out...they should be fun and we need to remember that our real goal is building a Huckabee movement and that is a positive thing we can do whether their is a poll to vote in or not. We don't need an enemy to grow our support, we just need to stick to our positive message.

Are we going to post this decision in the public forum? You can put it on the vp poll thread if we don't want to bump the danite thread... but over 100 people saw that thread and are probably waiting for admin feedback on the poll poaching.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:11 pm 
***** General

If you agree with what i have written...feel free to post it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:28 pm 
General

Liked: 52
davidblp wrote:
If you agree with what i have written...feel free to post it.

I concur.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:38 pm 
***** General

I was hoping a site administrator could make the difinitive statement :) But if you think having a mod do it is fine, I'm ok with that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:52 pm 
***** General

Dave in SC just sent me a pm with a link to the danites latest post. Supposedly we're getting shut down tomorrow.. :roll: although the blogger seems to think tomorrow is saturday..

http://danitesavengingangels.blogspot.c ... -days.html

Quote:
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Huck’s Army will be no more tomorrow!

The Great one has Okayed phase 2! We have several highly respected, high ranking members who have been with HA from the beginning working with us. We have already paid them, and they will shut down the Huckster army on Saturday, June 16, 2008, Salt Lake time. This is the final solution!! We will be having a party in Salt Lake City on Tuesday to celebrate our victory. Log in to get the place and time.

I'm sure its all hocuspocus.. but just in case..are we all signed up to facebook as a plan B?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:22 pm 
*** General

Okay.
I have been trying to stand back and let you guys work this out...waiting for Admin. to step up.
We need to check out Dave in SC. What else is he saying when he sends this stuff? He has to realize this is disturbing stuff--does he think it is a bad joke or just some frustrated Romney worshippers?? He seems to know how they think.
I think Tina and Linda need some Admin. support with this. Even if this is a spoof, it is unsettling to get messages like this. They happened to be the only ones available when this all started, and had to react the best they could. The lay-back attitude of the Admins has added to the frustration. Whether it is a spoof or not, we need to address it directly, firmly, and immediately.
What if these AREN'T SPOOFS?? What if it isn't just about Polls??

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:28 pm 
***** General

Dave's tone is always polite and supportive of Huck. I did ask in my last pm, how he came across the blog. Still waiting on a reply.

Here is the last message he sent me with the link I mentioned in my last post.

Quote:
Thank you for taking care of this and for editing my post. It’s not my penchant to cause trouble, but you might want to notify the administrators of this group’s latest post.

http://danitesavengingangels.blogspot.c ... -days.html

They claim that they are going to shut down HA . I hope that like you wisely said, these are people just spinning tales to cause trouble and distract us. I’ve decided not to post on these groups anymore, because it only gives them attention. If we leave them alone they may eventually dissolve.
Thank you,
David

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:42 pm 
*** General

The timing of these posts by David and the tone sounds too much like Ken's planetromney guy to me. Didn't they come right after Ken finally refused him in?
David's tone and words sound alot like him or that same group. Too nicey nicey, not wanting to stir up trouble, etc. I think they are connected.