Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:03 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
I've stayed quiet recently about all the back and forths that seem to be occurring almost daily at this point, but I feel I have to speak up. Specifically, I wanted to ask the more seasoned moderators what they think about the call for people to prove that they are 100% on board.

Of course I know what the objective and mission of the site is, but is it in our best interest to discourage people who lean Huckabee to either get on board completely or get off? If we do that, then how is our influence going to grow? Shouldn't we be reaching out to people instead of giving ultimatums?

Honestly, I'm a little concerned about the direction we are headed where a few noisier people dominate the tone and discussion. Maybe it is just the stresses of the holiday season, but there is very much a negative vibe on the site now.

I guess what I am saying is that if I was a new member or a visitor, would I find this site a place I would want to spend my time? Or does it live up to its claim of vertical politics?

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:22 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
With Christmas Eve finally here, I have not read through some of the threads because I have been busy with my family. But I was surprised by the tone of some of the conversations.

Let's wait to address this until after Christmas.

I am sure that tensions are high for a couple of reasons.

1.) We are not entirely sure that Huckabee is running again, and we all want him to run Mike run.
2.) We are tired of seeing him dismissed and marginalized in the blogosphere and in the MSM. So that creates a sort of fighting energy when we read blogs.
3.) We know that Sarah Palin might be running and she does purposely or not, over shadow Huckabee, to the point that Palin is always written about and Huckabee can be left out.

I think this creates a bit of tension and people need to express that tension. So I do think that HucksArmy should be a place where Huckabee supporters can go to let off steam and vent about some of the other potential candidates. If Huckabee does not run, we may all have a different number 2, and have different reasons for that person. But in the meantime, we need to be able to vent-we just have to make sure that we are not venting at each other. And we need to keep that venting in a members only forum.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:45 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 23
I have created a topic designed to find out why people support Huckabee. Maybe if we can get them to answer this thread, we can see where there hearts are.

Follow me on Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:29 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Joshua Clinard wrote:
I have created a topic designed to find out why people support Huckabee. Maybe if we can get them to answer this thread, we can see where there hearts are.

Very good idea Josh...I'll post something soon on that thread!