Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Just curious...what is the post number in order to see the "Member Only" posts?

Is it 100?

If so, I'd like to throw out the suggestion that we up it to 300 or more.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:08 am 

Liked: 152
Steadfast wrote:
Just curious...what is the post number in order to see the "Member Only" posts?

Is it 100?

If so, I'd like to throw out the suggestion that we up it to 300 or more.

I don't remember what it is either. I agree that it should be more rather than less.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:42 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
I think it's 100. ArkansasJohn is getting close to 100 posts. Now that we know he's Jason, we should either up this number or have him banned pretty quickly. Ken or someone else who can do this, can we get it up'd at least to 300 posts ASAP? 300 might even be a little low, now that I think about it.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:13 pm 
***** General

You know I remember hearing several years ago that once you hit 100 you were added to the Grassroots Tactics group. However, nobody has been added to that group since 2008 and when I look at who has access to the Member Only Forum, it's Admins, Mods and members of Grassroots Tactics (just 178 members in that group).

So bottom line, I don't think the post count changes anything other than rank and I believe you have to be explicitly added to the Grassroots Tactics group. If someone thinks otherwise, let me know of a member that I should check out.

There is an Admin function that lets you test out any member's permissions, so I just tested ArkansasJohn and he can't see the Member Only Forum. Of course, that's the way it should be for now even if the post count controlled access, but it's something I can use when he gets to 100, fyi. I think I will look for someone who has over 100 posts but is not in the Grassroots Tactics group to see what their access looks like.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:15 pm 

Ken,
Thank you for getting on this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:36 pm 
***** General

Ok, I saw a few people with low post counts with posts in the Member Only Forum which gave me concern but then I determined that the threads they posted in had been moved to Member Only which makes sense. I also tested out their permissions just to make sure they couldn't see the forum and they can't.

I also found a member with more than 100 posts, Craig88USC (216 posts) and he does not have access to the Member Only forum either though he is over the 100 limit. He joined HA in 2010 so this fits what I found about nobody being added to the Grassroots Tactics group since 2008.

So I think we are good.

This does raise the question of whether we might want to nominate some people to be added to the Members Only Forum. If not, that's fine. If so, how should we go about it? Mod and Admin only nominate OR anyone in the Member Only Forum? (I lean towards the former.) Also, I wonder if we should look at the list to consider trimming it down. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:45 pm 
***** General

FirstCoastTerp wrote:
Ok, I saw a few people with low post counts with posts in the Member Only Forum which gave me concern but then I determined that the threads they posted in had been moved to Member Only which makes sense. I also tested out their permissions just to make sure they couldn't see the forum and they can't.

I also found a member with more than 100 posts, Craig88USC (216 posts) and he does not have access to the Member Only forum either though he is over the 100 limit. He joined HA in 2010 so this fits what I found about nobody being added to the Grassroots Tactics group since 2008.

So I think we are good.

This does raise the question of whether we might want to nominate some people to be added to the Members Only Forum. If not, that's fine. If so, how should we go about it? Mod and Admin only nominate OR anyone in the Member Only Forum? (I lean towards the former.) Also, I wonder if we should look at the list to consider trimming it down. Thoughts?

I agree, both on nominating people to be added (only Mods and Admin), and on trimming down who's allowed in. I'm guessing some members from the Grassroots Tactics group haven't been to HucksArmy in a while, so it both wouldn't hurt to remove Members Only privileges and might be a good preventative measure in case they've changed their allegiance since 2008.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:00 am 
***** General

FYI, I just added 35 people to the Grassroots Tactics group. I looked through the list of members who had over 100 posts and had posted within the past 5 months. I haven't looked through the list of existing members of that group to remove people who haven't posted in a long time, but I will try to get to that soon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:25 am 
***** General

Well, I went ahead and trimmed down the members in Grassroots Tactics. I removed 55 members who had posted here since 2008. If any of these people re-engage, we can add them back. At this point there 158 members in this group which can read and post in the Grassroots Tactics and Members Only forums.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:09 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
Thanks for doing that Ken...it makes me feel good that what we post in MO will only be seen by hard core HA members.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:34 am 
***** General

you're welcome... btw, I just tested ArkansasJohns's permissions because I saw he is now over 100 posts and he still doesn't have access to the MOF and GT forums

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:52 am 

Ken,
Thank you! I've noticed increased traffic here lately. It's good to see that you're getting things ready.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:17 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
FirstCoastTerp wrote:
you're welcome... btw, I just tested ArkansasJohns's permissions because I saw he is now over 100 posts and he still doesn't have access to the MOF and GT forums

I was wondering about this. Thanks Ken as always. You do a great job.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:33 pm 

Ken,
Stephen Hall changed his name and can't get in the member only forum any longer. Is there any way to fix that problem? Here's a post he left in the ask the staff and tech support forums that is waiting for approval.
Quote:
I wasn't sure whether I should have posted in the above thread or this thread, so I'll try again.

Is their a way from me to maintain my access to the members only thread since I switched my account from lelouch3071?

I'm going to disapprove both of his posts and I sent him a message that I'd ask you to help him. I explained I don't want everyone knowing there is a member only forum for my reason for disapproving his post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:37 pm 
***** General

yep, nobody should post about MOF in other forums... the question is how do we know he is the same person as lelouch3071? I will send him a PM. My first question is why the new member name. I would much prefer that we re-set his password and/or change the name than grant a new member name access to MOF.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:40 pm 

FirstCoastTerp wrote:
yep, nobody should post about MOF in other forums... the question is how do we know he is the same person as lelouch3071? I will send him a PM. My first question is why the new member name. I would much prefer that we re-set his password and/or change the name than grant a new member name access to MOF.

If memory serves me correctly Stephen did use some weird pseudonym like that. He also used the same weird avatar on RightOSphere. I'm pretty sure it's the same guy. Did he delete his old account? Is there any way to see if they both have the same e-mail account or something. Thank you for addressing this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:43 pm 
***** General

different email addresses.. I just sent him a note asking him to confirm his previous email address and letting him know not to post about MOF on other forums