Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Huck's Army's Future
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
I was going to respond to the questions in the User Watch thread, but figured we were kinda getting to the point about discussing the future.

I have been wavering over the past days on what I think the future should look like. At first I was very disheartened and had all but given up on Huck's future political ambitions, but now I am beginning to see a different picture. I think that if Huck wants to become President he wants to do it with majorities in the House and Senate that will be able to get things accomplished to set this country straight. And to do this, he is delaying his own time as President so he can help win that majority this election cycle (or at least significantly cut into it so that it can be accomplished by 2016). So I see Huck's role this election much like his role in 2010, perhaps even more involved. I believe he will become very active in the state and local races.

Enter HA's future. We could either back off our association with Huck and go the way of F3 Coalition, or we could stick with being a Huckabee grassroots organization and be HuckPac's unofficial action arm like in 2010. At first I leaned towards the former, but now after a couple days of reflection, I would see it more prudent of us to do the latter. I think this would give us a bit more leverage over the types of things we allowed, and prevent it from becoming a totally open forum where it is hard to establish guidelines.

As for users posting solely to push candidates, I say no. We are a smart enough group here at HA where we don't need someone to tell us who the best candidates are and who to vote for. I am all for opening sub topics for each of the candidates and allowing discussion, but I don't think explicit and obvious vote trolling should be allowed. And I think we need to make this clear soon.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Huck's Army's Future
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
bmk2307 wrote:
As for users posting solely to push candidates, I say no. We are a smart enough group here at HA where we don't need someone to tell us who the best candidates are and who to vote for. I am all for opening sub topics for each of the candidates and allowing discussion, but I don't think explicit and obvious vote trolling should be allowed. And I think we need to make this clear soon.
I agree.

Profile Send private message