Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about starting a Ron Paul thread in the Other 2012 Candidates section. I think now that the Mitch Daniels thread has been started and been allowed to continue, it's only fair to users like melopa that we give them the same opportunity. If I start it I can lay out some guidelines (like restricting them to that particular thread, telling them to keep it vertical, letting them know that we still expect our members to espouse the same values that Huckabee espoused, etc).

What do you guys think?

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande Liked by: Southern Doc
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:36 pm 
General

Liked: 52
cschande wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about starting a Ron Paul thread in the Other 2012 Candidates section. I think now that the Mitch Daniels thread has been started and been allowed to continue, it's only fair to users like melopa that we give them the same opportunity. If I start it I can lay out some guidelines (like restricting them to that particular thread, telling them to keep it vertical, letting them know that we still expect our members to espouse the same values that Huckabee espoused, etc).

What do you guys think?

Sounds fair, but definitely need guidelines since we all know they can get to be a little pushy...

HuckPAC donor code R23742

Post by maryrae Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:31 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Alright, I was about to start the Ron Paul thread but I wanted to come back here and see if anyone is opposed to it or would like to offer any suggestions before I do so.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:34 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
cschande wrote:
Alright, I was about to start the Ron Paul thread but I wanted to come back here and see if anyone is opposed to it or would like to offer any suggestions before I do so.

I have a suggestion.

Don't include an on-line poll.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc Liked by: ConservTexan

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:05 pm 
Major General

Liked: 24
I'm ok with it if they keep it all in that one thread. If we discuss some candidates, I suppose we should discuss them all. Maybe we'll learn something. I'm still hoping someone else throws their their hat into the ring. Not thrilled with what I see so far.

http://www.facebook.com/rockhill

Post by bobrocky Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:30 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
I have no problem with it. From my perspective, I didn't like the other RP threads because it was RP supporters trying to get people to vote for him, not HA users who wanted to genuinely discuss RP.

My question is, what are the guidelines to moderating the "other candidates" threads? Pretty much anything goes except for personal insults?

Also, what about links that could be posted to other candidates forums, etc. Are those okay or out of bounds?

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army