Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Topic Watch List
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:42 pm 
*** General

Liked: 7
IT IS OVER: Larry Sinclair Just Got Arrested by Washington, D.C. metropolitan police
Larry Sinclair was arrested after the press conference at the National Press Club and is being held by the Washington, D.C. metropolitan police.
Submitted By Kiki2008 - Jun 18, 6:15 pm
Mitch and Nan’s tip came from “Robin” at Sinclair’s blog. At quick trip over to Larry Sinclair’s blog found his supporters bewildered as to why Sinclair was arrested. Some mentioned that perhaps they “should raise money for Larry’s bail” while others assumed “Obama” was behind the arrest in order to “silence” Larry from telling the “truth”.

This was today's article about Larry Sinclair on RCP. It sounds pretty sleazy and like tabloid stuff. I have a feeling we won't hear the end of this, and if and when some truth comes out, then we won't be able to avoid posts about it.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
tdavisjr posted this comment on the thread about Jindal passing a law on castration:

Quote:
Wow...Jindal got a pair...but the child rapist won't now that this bill is law. :D

In the scheme of things that is not the worst that you could hear and it specifically relates to the topic but to avoid encourage crude comments I think it was best to delete the post.

I am going to send tdavisjr a PM to explain.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:01 pm 
Jack is a friend of mine here in Little Rock so I would rather not be the one to deal with this thread. Do one of you mind doing it?

"Want to make money blogging? Let me help."
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13906

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:13 pm 
*** General

I think Ken already resolved this--didn't you Ken?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:16 pm 
***** General

Jason, I don't mind doing it but there isn't a specific board rule against it is there? (I think there should be, but when I read over the Rules for Forum Participation I didn't see a match) Has this kind of thing come up before?

I will archive the thread for now, but how should Jack be addressed on this?

I would think that we want to say that this board is not the place to promote efforts outside of Mike Huckabee and the issues he stands for and specifically we want to avoid money making efforts. Maybe it could be said better than that.

I also think we should add something specific about this to our Rules.

What does everyone else think?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:33 pm 
*** General

I guess I wasn't following who you were talking about. I thought you were on tdavisjr. yet!
I agree that we don't want to promote individual money-making projects.
If we did, we would invite alot of others to do the same.
I am sure Jack's heart is in the right place about Huckabee.
And because he has Mike's interests at heart, he will understand that we can't be used for that purpose.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:49 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
I was just about to post the link to Jack's post here. He's been here since nearly the beginning of HA, and I respect him. I don't, however, think we should start allowing personal business solicitation on this forum. I agree with Ken, if we don't have a rule addressing this, perhaps we should add it. I think Jack will understand.

Ken, what you've written here sounds fine:
Quote:
I would think that we want to say that this board is not the place to promote efforts outside of Mike Huckabee and the issues he stands for and specifically we want to avoid money making efforts.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:50 pm 
Yeah, it came up several times back in primaries, back when we were getting a lot of traffic. Basically the board is for the promotion of Gov. Huckabee and related subjects and therefore promoting business interests should be done only if it relates to or is peripheral to this purpose.

If you guys disagree and it does not violate the rules, I don't mind allowing it but it could become a problem to manage if others starting doing it. I don't mind as much with Jack because he is a well established member of the board but I would not want someone creating an account just to promote their business.

Perhaps the rule should be that only an established member can promote a business and only if it is de minimis.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:55 pm 
***** General

Jason, you and some of the other "older" mods will remember the concern a few months back about someone possibly wanting to use the HA forum for personal profit. As I recall, it was decided that it would never be used to allow a member to profit monitarily from soliciting other members of HA. I think we can use that as precident for writing a new rule.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:58 pm 
***** General

I don't have a problem with Jack either. I think the problem with allowing even an established member to do it is that it would be hard to justify if someone newer wanted to do it also.

I suggest that we recommend that Jack and anyone else should add a link to a website to their signature so that interested people can look into it if they want but it won't be something that we are promoting or appear to promote by allowing it on here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:08 pm 
Sounds good. And I agree with Ken that we should add something to the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:09 pm 
***** General

Here is the message I just sent to Jack:

Quote:
Jack,

I wanted to let you know that the mods decided to remove your thread on making money blogging. We don't have a problem with that, per se, but don't think it would be a good precedent to allow people to do that kind of thing here.

Our focus is on Mike Huckaee and the issues he supports. Obviously you know that and are one of Mike's top supporters.

I hope you understand, but feel free to comment and/or ask questions.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:16 pm 
***** General

How about this as new rule #10:

"10. No personal business solicitation - the purpose of this board is to support Mike Huckabee and the issues he stands for, so we don't want to divert our attention here to other efforts outside that scope, though the initiative may be exemplary, and we want to avoid being associated with money making efforts that may not reflect well on Huck's Army, Mike Huckabee, and the issues we support."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:25 pm 
***** General

Quote:
"10. No personal business solicitation - the purpose of this board is to support Mike Huckabee and the issues he stands for, so we don't want to divert our attention here to other efforts outside that scope, though the initiative may be exemplary, and we want to avoid being associated with money making efforts that may not reflect well on Huck's Army, Mike Huckabee, and the issues we support."

Looks good, Ken. Might I suggest (for clarity) editing it as follows?

No personal business solicitation - the purpose of this board is to support Mike Huckabee and the issues he stands for. Though the initiative may be exemplary, we don't want to divert our attention here to other efforts outside that scope, and we want to avoid being associated with money making efforts that may not reflect well on Huck's Army, Mike Huckabee, and the issues we support."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:45 pm 
***** General

Looks good to me Susan. Thanks!

Anyone else have input on that?

Also, Jack and I exchanged a few brief PMs and he seems to understands and doesn't seem upset at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:25 pm 
General

Liked: 52
I like the way you handled this, and I think the new rule is appropriate.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:33 pm 
***** General

OK, I have added rule 10 to the Rules for Forum Participation thread:
http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2796

If anyone has any concerns about it, please let us know. There is no problem with revising it if we need to.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:28 pm 
Thanks Ken.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:20 am 
***** General

Thanks, Ken! :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:42 am 
Major General

Liked: 24
I think that was handled very well and is a good policy for the board. Helps to keep everything focused. - bobrocky

http://www.facebook.com/rockhill

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next