Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Topic Watch List
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:43 pm 
General

Liked: 52
Southern Doc wrote:
Sounds like a good idea. My effort to curb the drift had as much effect as an Obama administration sanction against Iran.

Thanks for taking care of this. It's unfortunate there has become such a rift between Gingrich/Santorum supporters here. I could see this thread going that way early on...but I was hoping it wouldn't go this far!

HuckPAC donor code R23742

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:44 am 
***** General

Liked: 247
Thanks for taking care of this tonight, Southern Doc. I was out all evening listening to Eric Metaxas speak on Bonhoeffer at my church! :D A much more enjoyable task, I assure you! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:34 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
Southern Doc wrote:
Sounds like a good idea. My effort to curb the drift had as much effect as an Obama administration sanction against Iran.

Good call to shut it down. I tried taking a more direct approach just to get people to think about what they're doing to each other here with some of these posts, but it may have just made matters worse. I'll probably be posting much less here than usual for a while. I'm hopeful that once we finally have a nominee we can come back together here to unite around a common cause again, and put some of the bitterness we've witnessed from some here behind us.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:32 pm 
General

Are we getting close to needing to lock this thread? It's almost a little frustrating how we can't keep the Santorum/Gingrich sides more cordial with each other! Any thoughts?

http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26551&start=15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:43 pm 
***** General

I don't know what to say anymore. This is disappointing and I just read some more of this on QVA's two man race thread. On a positive side, I saw that justgrace edited her posts on All-in-for-Mike's I Need a Break thread.

Lord have mercy on us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
Advocating for our Candidates

Ok, this is really getting out of hand. The topic is not serving its purpose and is frankly destructive to the community the way in which some have chosen to post in it. Is it time to lock?

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:52 pm 
General

bmk2307 wrote:

Ok, this is really getting out of hand. The topic is not serving its purpose and is frankly destructive to the community the way in which some have chosen to post in it. Is it time to lock?

I'm not sure what to recommend at this point. The way things have been, locking it would likely offend someone and make them think we are avoiding discussion that could be negative toward Santorum! It is getting a little frustrating, and this thread makes it seem like justgrace is trying to pull people in to keep things stirred up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:02 pm 
***** General

maryrae wrote:
bmk2307 wrote:

I'm not sure what to recommend at this point. The way things have been, locking it would likely offend someone and make them think we are avoiding discussion that could be negative toward Santorum! It is getting a little frustrating, and this thread makes it seem like justgrace is trying to pull people in to keep things stirred up.

Well I've given her a warning after her latest comment. I hope I struck the right tone. I don't think it's worth locking the thread yet. Frankly I'm afraid this sort of thing is likely to continue as long as justgrace, 4Huckabee, and a few others continue to post here. They rarely cross any hard and fast lines, but they often tread just close enough to the line to get things stirred up. I've recently decided to be more assertive in confronting comments like these. We'll see what effect it has, if any.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:07 pm 
***** General

And just as I was typing that I expected 4Huckabee to weigh in at any moment in justgrace's defense, there he is, right on cue.

If anyone here tinks I was wrong to say what I did, please let me know here and I will retract/restate my comments accordingly. If you support what I said, on the other hand, please weigh in so that we can present a united front.

Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8