Huck's Army Forum :: Faith, Family & Freedom
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/

Topic Watch List
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=171&t=3091
Page 8 of 8

Author:  maryrae [ Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Topic Watch List

Southern Doc wrote:
Sounds like a good idea. My effort to curb the drift had as much effect as an Obama administration sanction against Iran.

Thanks for taking care of this. It's unfortunate there has become such a rift between Gingrich/Santorum supporters here. I could see this thread going that way early on...but I was hoping it wouldn't go this far!

Author:  ColoradoMom4Huckabee [ Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Topic Watch List

Thanks for taking care of this tonight, Southern Doc. I was out all evening listening to Eric Metaxas speak on Bonhoeffer at my church! :D A much more enjoyable task, I assure you! :wink:

Author:  cschande [ Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Topic Watch List

Southern Doc wrote:
Sounds like a good idea. My effort to curb the drift had as much effect as an Obama administration sanction against Iran.


Good call to shut it down. I tried taking a more direct approach just to get people to think about what they're doing to each other here with some of these posts, but it may have just made matters worse. I'll probably be posting much less here than usual for a while. I'm hopeful that once we finally have a nominee we can come back together here to unite around a common cause again, and put some of the bitterness we've witnessed from some here behind us.

Author:  maryrae [ Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Topic Watch List

Are we getting close to needing to lock this thread? It's almost a little frustrating how we can't keep the Santorum/Gingrich sides more cordial with each other! Any thoughts?

http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26551&start=15

Author:  FirstCoastTerp [ Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Topic Watch List

I don't know what to say anymore. This is disappointing and I just read some more of this on QVA's two man race thread. On a positive side, I saw that justgrace edited her posts on All-in-for-Mike's I Need a Break thread.

Lord have mercy on us.

Author:  bmk2307 [ Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Topic Watch List

Advocating for our Candidates

Ok, this is really getting out of hand. The topic is not serving its purpose and is frankly destructive to the community the way in which some have chosen to post in it. Is it time to lock?

Author:  maryrae [ Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Topic Watch List

bmk2307 wrote:
Advocating for our Candidates

Ok, this is really getting out of hand. The topic is not serving its purpose and is frankly destructive to the community the way in which some have chosen to post in it. Is it time to lock?

I'm not sure what to recommend at this point. The way things have been, locking it would likely offend someone and make them think we are avoiding discussion that could be negative toward Santorum! It is getting a little frustrating, and this thread makes it seem like justgrace is trying to pull people in to keep things stirred up.

Author:  cschande [ Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Topic Watch List

maryrae wrote:
bmk2307 wrote:
Advocating for our Candidates

Ok, this is really getting out of hand. The topic is not serving its purpose and is frankly destructive to the community the way in which some have chosen to post in it. Is it time to lock?

I'm not sure what to recommend at this point. The way things have been, locking it would likely offend someone and make them think we are avoiding discussion that could be negative toward Santorum! It is getting a little frustrating, and this thread makes it seem like justgrace is trying to pull people in to keep things stirred up.


Well I've given her a warning after her latest comment. I hope I struck the right tone. I don't think it's worth locking the thread yet. Frankly I'm afraid this sort of thing is likely to continue as long as justgrace, 4Huckabee, and a few others continue to post here. They rarely cross any hard and fast lines, but they often tread just close enough to the line to get things stirred up. I've recently decided to be more assertive in confronting comments like these. We'll see what effect it has, if any.

Author:  cschande [ Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Topic Watch List

And just as I was typing that I expected 4Huckabee to weigh in at any moment in justgrace's defense, there he is, right on cue.

If anyone here tinks I was wrong to say what I did, please let me know here and I will retract/restate my comments accordingly. If you support what I said, on the other hand, please weigh in so that we can present a united front.

Thanks.

Page 8 of 8 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/