Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Topic Watch List
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:08 pm 
Vice President

Liked: 0
andysprite wrote:
I say we put a bug in the Paulies ears and let them run with it. :)

YEP!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:30 pm 
Move it to the archives.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:06 am 
***** General

andysprite wrote:
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10501

Gambit's in a rage. I edited some language in another post by him....again. I've also warned him about it. I'll let you guys deal with this further if you see fit.

EDIT:
Just for the record, I'm all for leaving this thread up. The Paulies took my signs too! lol

We will keep an eye out.

"The best form of leadership is the kind that is earned"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:13 pm 
***** General

andysprite wrote:
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10529

Not sure how to handle this one. If we leave the McCain thread up, we could be in for more scrutiny. If we take it down it would seem that we have something to hide. Input?

I think we are fine. If anyone reads more than 1 comment on that thread they will see that people are mostly handling this respectfully. We have nothing to hide in this nor should we.

Our supporters respond so much more respectful than most other forums would and people know that when they come here.

Interesting that they care about what we think though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:00 pm 
***** General

How can outside people see that John McCain thread? I thought it was members-only...

Blog: http://blog.f3coalition.org

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:12 pm 
***** General

justinok wrote:
How can outside people see that John McCain thread? I thought it was members-only...

Good point Justin. No one would have been able to follow the link they provided unless they had an account on here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:14 pm 
***** General

Trox wrote:
justinok wrote:

Good point Justin. No one would have been able to follow the link they provided unless they had an account on here.

Actually I take that back. Some how guest are able to get to the topic in there but can't see the directory at the top from the main page.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:22 pm 
***** General

I changed the sub forum "John Mccain" and "Ron Paul" to have no access to Guests. They had read only access before. The actual green room had "no access" to guests already so this was probably just an oversight.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Keeping an eye on this thread and user (Libertarian - a self-proclaimed RP supporter):
viewtopic.php?f=142&t=12191

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:52 pm 
***** General

Keeping an eye on this thread (Barack Bird Flipper):
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=12228

Think it is not a problem, but want to make sure that it doesn't go off in a bad direction.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:04 pm 
*** General

Liked: 7
Just saw a post on the "hot potato" Topic: CA Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage
post by Get the World Hucked. viewtopic.php?f=141&t=12591&p=106157#p106157
I see trouble coming big time. I have been trying to keep it just mainly informational, but I knew this was only a matter of time...
Ken, what do you want to do??

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:32 pm 
***** General

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. This is exactly why we need more mods so that we can stay on top of things. I had taken a break for the computer for the past hour. Seriously, thanks so much!

As far as what to do, for now I have locked the thread so that there can't be any more posts until we sort it out. I don't want to leave it locked, though.

I think what I will do is warn the last poster about his post and remind him of the Rules for Forum Participation, particularly:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2796
Quote:
9. - Maintain Respectful Dissent

The HucksArmy forums are a means for motivated Huckabee supporters to communicate with one another and more importantly build a grassroots support effort to elect Governor Mike Huckabee as President. While dissenting views and opinions aren't prohibited, such views when expressed in ways that demoralize or inflame other users will not be tolerated and will result in post deletion or banning (for repeated violations) with or without notice/explanation. A respectful tone should always be a part of any publicly critical or negative commentary.

I then will remove his post, paste it on this thread, and unlock the other thread.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:38 pm 
***** General

Here is Get_The_World_Hucked's post that was removed from the CA Supreme Court LEGALIZES Gay Marriage thread:
viewtopic.php?f=141&t=12591

Quote:
Quote:
Kingdom Advancer wrote:
Quote:
lrobb wrote:
Thank you Tpetersel for your Devil's Advocate position. My executive assistant, William, is gay...

William and his partner did not want a religious marriage, just a recognition that they were a couple and allowed at the other's bedside at death. His partner's family which was both homophobic and Evangelical barred William from the hospital.

lrobb,

That is a sad story. But I think the best way to address that issue is for the individuals in question to somehow set it up ahead of time (not sure how that would be done) so that their partner is admitted.

Otherwise, the bedside at the time of death is for families only (or those at the families' approval), and a homosexual partner is not a part of a family. (Technically, neither is a "heterosexual partner," but at least he/she could be in the future.)

I can sympathize with the family, too. Obviously, we should not be hateful towards homosexuals. But, if they were concerned for their son's salvation at the time of his death, I can imagine that the last thing they wanted was for him to be spending his last minutes saying goodbye to his homosexual lover. Now, I don't know the specifics of the situation, but I'm just saying that we shouldn't be too quick to condemn that family.

you are * heartless and u scare me. Almost all of you. Sad people, some so-called "christians". Go do your research on the bible, ONLY the old testament forbids homosexuality as sin, and if you believe in following the old testament to a t. Then it is ok to sell your daugters for sex, eating shellfish is a sin, among lots of other stupid crap that has nothing to do with our time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:00 am 
***** General

I think we may want to archive the Larry Sinclair thread:
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopi ... 38&t=13243

I am concerned about allowing HA to be used to disseminate gossip, slander, and rumor. If there is any indication that there is truth to these charges, it would be a different story IMO. What do you all think?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:13 pm 
*** General

Ken,
I am not familiar with this guy or what he says. There wasn't a link on the post, or did you remove it already?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:16 pm 
***** General

keneikirk wrote:
I think we may want to archive the Larry Sinclair thread:
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopi ... 38&t=13243

I am concerned about allowing HA to be used to disseminate gossip, slander, and rumor. If there is any indication that there is truth to these charges, it would be a different story IMO. What do you all think?

I agree... until evidence surfaces that the MSM or even conservative media bites on this, we shouldn't encourage the discussion here.

His maiden, singing a victory song for faith, family and freedom
http://maidensong.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:17 pm 
***** General

No link but I googled Larry Sinclair and found some articles claiming that he shared drugs and sex with Obama in 1999. If believable, it would be earth shattering but I am skeptical.

Here is an example of what I found:
http://www.bloggernews.net/114055

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:29 pm 
***** General

OK, so I added a comment and locked that thread. There is no substance in it, so I actually don't think it needs to be archived at this point and leaving it out there allows everyone to see our stand on this kind of "news".

If we decide to archive it, we still can, but I say let's at least leave it for today.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:42 pm 
*** General

1. - Do Not Bad Mouth Other Candidates

Criticism of other candidates is permitted under the appropriate topics and forums, but personal attacks and name calling will not be permitted. We'll strive to maintain respectful and positive discussion as with the example Governor Huckabee has set in vertical politics.

This Larry Sinclair thing would be violating this Guideline/Rule.
------
I think we should also add "No Proselitizing", as I mentioned in an earlier post.
I had shared our Guidelines for our Meetup, and we felt we needed to add it, and I think it needs to be added on HA too. Did you all see what I had previously posted? Any thoughts??

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:59 pm 
***** General

Quote:
This Larry Sinclair thing would be violating this Guideline/Rule.

I think so far this has been a matter of passing along info that is out there. I don't see it as name calling. My concern is that it is unsubstantiated allegations.

Quote:
I think we should also add "No Proselitizing", as I mentioned in an earlier post.

This would probably be good to discuss on a conference call to get everyone's input.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next