Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Post subject: Re: User Watch List
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:54 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
bmk2307 wrote:
Should we give a formal warning or wait to see if it happens again?
I agree with you on this one Brett. I would be inclined to remove a couple of the posts. She has a long history here so I wouldn't expect to happen again.

Debra, I also agree that all Huckabee supporters shouldn't be lumped into one camp or another.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
I was just alerted by a friend about some slanderous posts about me on HA.

I want to clear the air. I have NEVER used any official Huck PAC lists in my new position. That is a very serious accusation that is totally false. I hope this is the end of anything like ever being posted here at HA or anywhere.

If people feel that my zealousness/commitment in my new position is hurtful, I will try to be mindful of that in the future. It has not been my intention to lump any of you in with me in my support of another candidate. I can't be responsible for what the media writes or pundits say on tv. Since taking my new position, I don't even think I have posted here at HA so I was unaware that all of this was going on.

Dan and I have discussed our support for GMH on our radio program because we share about how we feel about the candidates, the race, how we made our decision to support another candidate, etc - but I understand if this is hard for others to hear, so he and I will make a concerted effort to avoid doing that in the future. I really do want to resolve all of this with you all.

It makes me very sad that there are those who would say such terrible things about me. I don't know of anyone who has worked harder or been more loyal to GMH and I was devastated when he didn't run. But he made his decision and I even held on til the end of November hoping he would change his mind, but he would not. I worked very hard with the Draft Huckabee effort (and spent a lot of money too) - even though I did not have much hope he would change his mind. I still hope that he will run for president some day - he would have my full unrelenting support and effort if he chose to do so. It is so unfortunate that we can't all agree on the same candidate to support in this cycle. I think if GMH knew of all of this his heart would be broken.

As for my FB profile pic (wearing a Huck PAC shirt) - it was not my intention to use that inappropriately. I will remove that one from my FB in consideration of those who find it inappropriate - even though that was never my intention.

I removed a few posts here at HA that were untruthful. Since it is against HA rules to post untruthful information about another member, I feel that my removing them is acceptable and appropriate.

I would appreciate it if any of you know of anyone who has an issue that involves me...please have them contact me directly so we can resolve it

Debra - I left you a voice mail and would really like the opportunity to talk to you further is you would like to do so.

I consider all of you my friends. I am absolutely devastated that anyone would think I would do anything dishonest.

Also, I did phone akaprayingmom tonight to talk to her about this.

I hope this takes care of this - if not, please send me a PM so that it lands in my email.

Thank you - sorry this is such a long post

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:22 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
"Steadfast"

Frankly when someone comes in who hasn't posted in a year and starts spamming threads with attacks against one candidate then why would anyone believe their characterture of events involving folks who have remained steadfast to the mission of HA?

I've got no problem with people hashing out who and why they support folks - but when folks just engage out of nowhere with a clear agenda I think the overwhelming majority of HA readers know to be very sceptical.

I'm sorry you got sideswiped. No one has done more to maintain the civility of our community than you. Thank you for taking the issue directly to the individuals involved.

I hope you have a great Tuesday and we can see a "Huckish" candidate emerge.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Post by Southern Doc has received Likes: 2 cschande, GrannyT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:04 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
Southern Doc wrote:
"Steadfast"

Frankly when someone comes in who hasn't posted in a year and starts spamming threads with attacks against one candidate then why would anyone believe their characterture of events involving folks who have remained steadfast to the mission of HA?

I've got no problem with people hashing out who and why they support folks - but when folks just engage out of nowhere with a clear agenda I think the overwhelming majority of HA readers know to be very sceptical.

I'm sorry you got sideswiped. No one has done more to maintain the civility of our community than you. Thank you for taking the issue directly to the individuals involved.

I hope you have a great Tuesday and we can see a "Huckish" candidate emerge.

Thank you SDoc - your comments have done much to heal my broken heart :)

I'm surviving on about 2 hours sleep a night now for 2 weeks - lack of sleep probably makes me too emotional right now. But this really did sideswipe me :(

...about every hour of every day I am missing GMH in this race. Rick is a good guy and definitely the best in the field (IMO) and I am getting fantastic experience. But I absolutely wish GMH had run - many of us who are involved with Rick talk often about how we always thought we'd all be doing this for GMH

I had no idea how big this commitment would be...as I sit here in my office in Iowa...thinking of packing my computer up to head back to the hotel to work for another 4 hours, sleep 2 and get up by and do it all again.

I'll try to check in later - :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:55 am 
***** General

I have removed Debra from the list of Moderators and I archived the topic on this that had been in the MOF forum so that it is only visible to mods and admins. It is now here: viewtopic.php?f=160&t=26075

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:46 am 
***** General

FirstCoastTerp wrote:
I have removed Debra from the list of Moderators and I archived the topic on this that had been in the MOF forum so that it is only visible to mods and admins. It is now here: viewtopic.php?f=160&t=26075

Thank you.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:32 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
Southern Doc wrote:
FirstCoastTerp wrote:

Thank you.

Yes thank you. Just so everyone knows, I PM'd with Debra a couple times and she was never able to offer any proof to her accusations. At which point I was accused of pettiness and sour grapes!

And for akprayingmom, I have PM'd her twice and their are both still in my outbox. I see she wasn't too happy that Ken deleted the spam posts.

I will say that I thought it suspicious that both Debra and akprayingmom came back at the same time after not posting recently to start throwing bombs and ignoring protocol.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:09 pm 
***** General

The following was just put up by QVA in reply to the most recent insulting post by melopa:

Quote:
melopa, I just have to ask - Huckabee is not running, you don't support the candidates he endorses, and you have little interest in the political goals that the rest of us share at this point - why are you still posting here?

It seems as though your only interest is to keep sniping at the non-Ron Paul candidates, either directly or indirectly, and since that disturbingly ugly incident with your over the top anti-Santorum posts for which you never apologized. You don't really engage in discussions or debate about your preferred candidate; your only interest seems to be in trolling.

I'm sorry to be witchy, but I've had my fill of the Paulestinian terrorists on facebook and would rather not have to deal with it here among Huckabee supporters. (And yes, of course, I am only posting this because I am upset that Paul is going to get 60% of the vote in Iowa's caucus )

I think she has put it all very well.

It's really hard for me to find any reason to continue to tolerate melopa (except perhaps that it keeps people from being sympathetic to Paul). He seems unable or unwilling to moderate his behavior in response to repeated warnings and limited banning.

I'd personally suggest he be banned for good. I do not see any scenario in which he ends up a positive contributor in the 2012 election cycle.

That's my two cents.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:19 pm 
***** General

I'm ok with banning melopa

Post by FirstCoastTerp Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:48 pm 
***** General

FirstCoastTerp wrote:
I'm ok with banning melopa

Yup.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:34 am 
***** General

He is banned. I doubt we've heard the last of him.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:32 am 
***** General

The natives seem to be getting restless:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=26194

Also, a little bit on this thread as well:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=26195

And this one:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=26191

My recommendation is that we warn QVA and goalieman to stop being argumentative. It does seem to me that goalieman is taking things way too personal. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:14 pm 
General

Liked: 52
FirstCoastTerp wrote:
The natives seem to be getting restless:

Also, a little bit on this thread as well:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=26195

And this one:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=26191

My recommendation is that we warn QVA and goalieman to stop being argumentative. It does seem to me that goalieman is taking things way too personal. Thoughts?

A warning to both is probably the best idea. Because goalieman seems to be taking things personal, would it be helpful to tell them they are BOTH receiving a warning?

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:09 pm 
***** General

I have sent PMs to each of them. Here is what I sent to goalieman (I sent the same message to QVA but with the appropriate name change):

Quote:
We appreciate your zeal and input on various issues and candidates, but on several topics you and QuoVadisAnima have been testy with each other so we are asking that each of you refrain from that going forward.

If you have an issue with another member, please try resolve it one on one via PM or contact one or more the moderators or administators.

Please keep in mind the Forum Rules, in particular:

5. - Do Not Publicly Criticize Other Members

If you have an issue with another member, address it in Private Messages or work with an admin/moderator to resolve it.

9. - Maintain Respectful Dissent

The HucksArmy forums are a means for motivated Huckabee supporters to communicate with one another and more importantly build grassroots efforts to support Governor Mike Huckabee and the issues he stands for. While dissenting views and opinions aren't prohibited, such views when expressed in ways that demoralize or inflame other users will not be tolerated and will result in post deletion or banning (for repeated violations) with or without notice/explanation. A respectful tone should always be a part of any publicly critical or negative commentary.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:31 pm 
***** General

I think that sounds fine, Ken. Frankly, I'm growing tired of goalieman's "everyone's out to get Newt" attitude, and the way in which he seems to be itching for a fight in many of the threads. I haven't seen the same thing on the part of Santorum's supporters, including QVA, but I'll admit I could be biased given the fact that I'm supporting Santorum.

At this point I'm willing to tolerate goalieman, just like for a long time I was willing to tolerate melopa and Jason Tolbert in disguise. But if there comes a point where his posts shift from being just a little annoying/over the top to being overly divisive, I think we may have to engage in a discussion as to whether or not allowing him to continue posting here is in the best interest of the forum. I'd be especially interested to hear from mods who are supporting Newt at that time, because I know I'd be hesitant to have too much influence in that decision given my admitted bias. In fact, maybe mods on both sides (those supporting Newt and those supporting Santorum) should take it upon ourselves to "police" our fellow supporters here by sending them friendly, gentle PM's if/when we feel they cross a line. Being able to preface our warnings with "I support your guy, too," might help them to be better received.

Just my two cents.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:49 pm 
***** General

yeah, I agree about goalieman... frankly I think his posts are much more inflammatory but QVA did take the bait and I think she just needs to avoid being argumentative ("never argue with a pig, you'll both get dirty but he will love it")

I think it wise to give a warning first but if it continues, we should take much stronger action.. hopefully we won't have to cross that bridge but if we do we do

also agreed on checking our biases

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:22 pm 
***** General

FirstCoastTerp wrote:
yeah, I agree about goalieman... frankly I think his posts are much more inflammatory but QVA did take the bait and I think she just needs to avoid being argumentative ("never argue with a pig, you'll both get dirty but he will love it")

I think it wise to give a warning first but if it continues, we should take much stronger action.. hopefully we won't have to cross that bridge but if we do we do

also agreed on checking our biases

Actually I think I'm the target for goalieman he just can't get in a good shot cause I've tried to avoid "taking the bait" as you say. He was really steamed with me over a "Last Days" thread which resulted in him leaving months ago. I sent him a PM then in an effort to reconcile but never got a reply.

He was often very insightful in the past but since his return it has been more like the kind associated with riots.

I just hope things will calm down as we move past SC and Florida but I know that's kind of pollyanna.

From what I can tell we had a few "steadfast" posters who left to go work for RS and have recused themselves as a result. We have a couple of old-hand consistent regulars who are Newt supporters posting intermitantly and temperately, we have several (I think more) old-hand consistent regulars posting for RS and/or calling into question the pro-Newt arguments (I also think those have been relatively temperate and consistent with the healthy back and forth we've always had in an effort to test out the strength and weakness o something [remember the pardons issue?]).

We've also had the return of a few off and on and long-time AWOL members you jumped back in full-bore pro Newt. The conflict seems to be coming most from that last development IMO.

I don't know what if anything needs to be done about this but that's my take on the situation.

Thanks Ken.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:37 pm 
***** General

Things have gotten heated again tonight. Chris embedded a video that has stirred several people up so in the interest of peace, I have removed the video for now from this thread:

Also, GA4Huckabee has gotten very angry, so I sent a PM and removed this post:
Quote:
I'm so livid right now that a few of you keep perpetuating this piece of GARBAGE where it was something that happened in his private life. PITCH THE POSITIVES OF YOUR CANDIDATE INSTEAD.

I saw the video. Boo Hoo. It was someone who got the short end of the stick when it came to their private lives and now seems spiteful and just wants revenge. If she had a hunch she was being cheated on, then why did she stay for so long? Again, total garbage news.

Newt has already realized his past, asked for forgiveness from God, asked for forgiveness from the public, didn't hide anything and let the story be out in the open...so what the hell more do you want him to do?

People are hurting economically and we need someone who's got the intelligence and passion to help us get back to success.

Quote:
James 4:11-12 ESV
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:44 pm 
***** General

Wow. Things have definitely taken a turn. I started a new job not too long ago and have really started to get busy and haven't visited the several times a day that I normally do. So what happened to spark this?

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:47 pm 
***** General

sorry I meant to copy here the video that Chris posted.... it was from The View today talking about Marianne Gingrich's allegations... honestly I didn't get a chance to view it so I don't have an opinion on it but enough voices spoke out about that I thought it best to remove it for at least the short term

really this has been simmering and there were some feisty posts last night because some think this has become Santorum's Army.. that's one of the reasons I posted a poll on who people would vote for now and so far there are more Gingrich supporters than Santorum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 968 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next