Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: YouTube Stinks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:52 am 
My entire YouTube channel has been deleted.

I thought I was being clever when I created a secondary account (using the same email address as my main account) to post the clip from Colbert a couple nights ago (I did this because I had a good feeling Viacom would make a copyright claim on the video).

But YouTube showed me what clever is. They deleted all the accounts linked to my email address, including my personal accounts with personal videos. :evil:

So yeah.. almost 200 Huckabee videos gone. I'm just sick about it. I'd like to consider a new video provider unless David plans to have our own video system up soon.

Post subject: Re: YouTube Stinks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:41 am 
Vice President

Liked: 0
do you have the originals?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:48 am 
I have about 93 originals. I'll probably re-upload the important speeches somewhere, and start fresh other than that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:53 am 
Vice President

oh man
that stinks. wow.

is there any appeal you can do ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:54 am 
Vice President

you might want to move the news theater to archives in the meantime since they are all dead now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:05 am 
I could appeal.. but I'd lose. Their TOS specifically says no clips from television. They don't enforce that rule on news clips (just things like entertainment shows) but they wouldn't overturn my suspension seeing that my account is full of television clips.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:07 am 
Ouch!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:10 am 
***** General

Thats OK Tommy. They served a great purpose. You still have 93 of them so all is not lost. Huckabee will give us more material going forward.

Thanks for all you have done. I know its still frustrating though.

"The best form of leadership is the kind that is earned"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:30 am 
**** General

Err, that's got to stink!
Perhaps you could split them up amongst some of the free file sharing services like Twango.com and others. They wouldn't be "youtubed", but folks could still download and stream the video...especially if they have broadband.

Does any of this also affect our video library through the front page of Huck's Army?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:05 pm 
***** General

Liked: 3
They almost suspended my account, cause i had the Huckabee myspace/mtv videos up. Deleted them, but i'm safe now i think, but I got a couple "TOS Violation" e-mails.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:10 pm 
DannyPoo wrote:
They almost suspended my account, cause i had the Huckabee myspace/mtv videos up. Deleted them, but i'm safe now i think, but I got a couple "TOS Violation" e-mails.

Yeah, I think they'll let you get 4 to 5 of those TOS violations before they shut you down. I know I had one for each of the Tonight Show videos (it has to be split into 2 parts), two for Colbert appearances (his first appearance as well as his most recent), and one for Mike first appearance on The Daily Show.