Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:23 am 
***** General

Liked: 215
This really isn't intended to be a thread as much as instructions for people who can only view the thread titles on the Active Topics page (that included me until I tried the above approach).

Hope this helps!

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:51 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 133
bump - to put this back on the active topics page -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:11 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Is this actually working for anyone else besides me? I'm just curious. I still have to use this approach now and then to get links to work for me.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
cschande wrote:
Is this actually working for anyone else besides me? I'm just curious. I still have to use this approach now and then to get links to work for me.

After I cleared my cookies, I didn't have to do this again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
I am bumping this again for others like myself who have not been able to get in since the Hack. I briefly was able to read comments on a hotel computer once this summer, but didn't log in, so didn't comment.

Today, after all of this Akin and the RNC changes, I was determined to get back on. I remembered something about clearing my cookies, so I did that, but at the same time took a different route on my phone to get in than I had before. Instead of using the bookmark that I had set up, I went to the HA main page and accessed the forum through the link there. It worked! I did the same on my computer and it worked also, so I'm not sure if it was because of that or the cookie delete, but either way, for today I am back on!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:02 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
There are still some previously fairly regular posters that have not returned yet, and I'm wondering if they know how to access the site, or if they've just had enough?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:28 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
There are still some previously fairly regular posters that have not returned yet, and I'm wondering if they know how to access the site, or if they've just had enough?

I almost gave up after so many attempts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:47 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
And the big question remains ... who hacked us and why?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 133
One of my laptops works fine on here, but the other has lost all formatting on the forum. I think I was using that one when I got the error message from my virus blocker and first found out we'd been hacked. When i checked my virus vault, though, it was empty, and there was no record that I'd been infected. I deleted cookies, went through the forum, everything I could think of, then finally reinstalled Google Chrome. Nothing helped, I just lost all my bookmarks! Then I thought to try it on another browser, but it has the same issues. So, somewhere I've got a bad file or something - a bug - that's keeping that laptop from opening our forum correctly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
Try deleting both the cookies AND whatever favorites you have that point to this site. Just navigate in directly through the URL. That worked for me. Never needed to change browsers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:10 am 
***** General

Liked: 169
This fix did not work for me. I've been back to HA numerous times in the last several months, but the site does not display properly, ever. Just now I deleted all my cookies except passwords, and then used just the URL of "HucksArmy.com" and tried to enter the forum using the link there. It still does not display properly. Grr! :x I sure miss chewing on current events with my HA community of savvy analysts!