Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:13 pm 
Major General

Liked: 2
BDBopper wrote:
I voted last week during Early voting. Today I sat off to the side at a polling place, Oak Hill Baptist Church in Lawrenceville encouraging people to vote for Nathan Deal and Rob Woodall among others. Proudly cast my ballot for them.

I am exhausted. After months of travel, stumping for candidates, making over 3,000 voter contact calls, knocking on doors, etc it is time to pray and relax a bit before the results come in. Not sure if I will go to a watch party or stay home. I am feeling a little off kilter today (like I am getting a sinus infection).

Thanks, Brian for all your hard work. You deserve a good break.

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. – Psalm 119:45

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:22 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
I voted in early voting last week. The poll worker said they had been busy. Today I went to my prayer group...the church we meet at is also a polling place. Very busy with a steady stream of cars coming into the parking lot.
:like

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:30 pm 
General

Liked: 52
Pretty light turnout when I went to vote here outside Alexandria, VA around 10am.

And, BTW, Governor Huckabee is coming up next on Fox to talk about the possibility of other Dems running against Obama in the presidential primary.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:33 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
From http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/11/02/coons-camp-expresses-turnout-worries/:
Quote:
Democrats in Delaware remain skittish.

In a noon email alert to supporters, Coons campaign manager Christy Gleason said close monitoring of voter turnout in the state’s 41 representative districts showed “lower turnout in New Castle and Kent counties than we’re comfortable with.”

To win, Mr. Coons will have to get heavy support from Democrats and independents in New Castle, the state’s most populous county. In the primary, Ms. O’Donnell drew heavy support from the state’s other two counties, Kent and Sussex, which skew more to the right.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:46 pm 
Major General

Grant wrote:
From http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/11/02/coons-camp-expresses-turnout-worries/:
Quote:
Democrats in Delaware remain skittish.

In a noon email alert to supporters, Coons campaign manager Christy Gleason said close monitoring of voter turnout in the state’s 41 representative districts showed “lower turnout in New Castle and Kent counties than we’re comfortable with.”

To win, Mr. Coons will have to get heavy support from Democrats and independents in New Castle, the state’s most populous county. In the primary, Ms. O’Donnell drew heavy support from the state’s other two counties, Kent and Sussex, which skew more to the right.

An upset in Delaware would be amazing! :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:03 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Hello fellow Hucks Army soldiers,

I'm sorry, but I have lost my connection to the internet for the night as it looks right now. There was a power outage that was fixed, but internet went down with it and might not be back until tomorrow. I might find a solution, like going to a friend or something, but it looks like I will miss the grande final of this election campaign.

I am right now in a university building which unfortunately closes at 10 PM (6 PM EST) I think.

This sucks. I was soooo looking forward to this :( Please pray my internet comes back; there is a chance it may.

Otherwise, good luck tonight and see you tomorrow.

John G

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:06 pm 
Major General

Wendero wrote:
Hello fellow Hucks Army soldiers,

I'm sorry, but I have lost my connection to the internet for the night as it looks right now. There was a power outage that was fixed, but internet went down with it and might not be back until tomorrow. I might find a solution, like going to a friend or something, but it looks like I will miss the grande final of this election campaign.

I am right now in a university building which unfortunately closes at 10 PM (6 PM EST) I think.

This sucks. I was soooo looking forward to this :( Please pray my internet comes back; there is a chance it may.

Otherwise, good luck tonight and see you tomorrow.

John G

Sorry to hear you may not be able to make it. I was looking forward to having you on the Huck's Army News Network (HANN) tonight:). We'll pray it works out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:12 pm 
Lieutenant General

HANN? What's that? Is it fun? What would I do there? :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:27 pm 
Major General

Wendero wrote:

:lol:
You are a foreign consultant for the network.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:30 pm 
***** General

Just saw this on Politico:

Quote:
"Voters today are standing in line in El Paso County. No lines in Denver. Good for Buck, bad for Bennet," said Buck adviser Walt Klein.

El Paso County is Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas. Colorado Springs is the second largest city in Colorado (after Denver), and VERY conservative. Most people here are fired up to vote. Great news if turnout is light in Denver. I hope the same holds true for Boulder (the exact political opposite of Colorado Springs).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:30 pm 
***** General

Dave in SC wrote:
Wendero wrote:

:lol:
You are a foreign consultant for the network.

Yes!! :like

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:31 pm 
***** General

Liked: 37
That is also good for Tancredo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:39 pm 
Lieutenant General

Colonel Wendero reporting for duty!

Got internet back, though it might be shaky (might be gone later, but it's good while it lasts).

What am I going to do on HANN? Please do explain further :)

/John

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
I voted early a few weeks ago. Yesterday I spent most of the day phoning for Jackie Walorski (HP candidate IN2) and in the evening helped put out signs at polling locations for Marlin Stutzman (HP candidate IN3).

Today I rose early (4 AM) to head to another town to be a poll greeter for Jackie. It was really cold - 30 degrees :). The turnout was amazing the entire time I was there - 7 solid hours. I was told by other poll greeters (many of whom were candidates and even the party chair for the county) that this location is solid republican. Rumors were circulating that the democrat areas of the city had low turnout. Jackie's race is one that Fox will be looking at early tonight as an indicator of things to come. If she beats blue dog Joe Donnelly then the dems are in BIG trouble. The race will be close, but I predict she pulls it out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:49 pm 
***** General

BDBopper wrote:

Yes, I hope so. Our Governor's race is interesting. The GOP candidate, Maes, has seen his campaign totally implode, and his last poll numbers were at 5%. Seeing the handwriting on the wall, conservative voters have thrown their support to Tancredo, in hopes of thwarting the Democrat, Hickenlooper. If Tancredo wins, it will make the Republican Party a minority party here in Colorado.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:09 pm 
***** General

ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
BDBopper wrote:

Yes, I hope so. Our Governor's race is interesting. The GOP candidate, Maes, has seen his campaign totally implode, and his last poll numbers were at 5%. Seeing the handwriting on the wall, conservative voters have thrown their support to Tancredo, in hopes of thwarting the Democrat, Hickenlooper. If Tancredo wins, it will make the Republican Party a minority party here in Colorado.

Interesting enough I hear that GOP will take over the state legislature at the same time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:09 pm 
***** General

Steadfast wrote:
I voted early a few weeks ago. Yesterday I spent most of the day phoning for Jackie Walorski (HP candidate IN2) and in the evening helped put out signs at polling locations for Marlin Stutzman (HP candidate IN3).

Today I rose early (4 AM) to head to another town to be a poll greeter for Jackie. It was really cold - 30 degrees :). The turnout was amazing the entire time I was there - 7 solid hours. I was told by other poll greeters (many of whom were candidates and even the party chair for the county) that this location is solid republican. Rumors were circulating that the democrat areas of the city had low turnout. Jackie's race is one that Fox will be looking at early tonight as an indicator of things to come. If she beats blue dog Joe Donnelly then the dems are in BIG trouble. The race will be close, but I predict she pulls it out.

Go Jackie!!! :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:25 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Taking a brief timeout from calling every voter in the 8th congressional district here in PA. (Seriously, we must have called everyone 10 times by now! :lol: ). Reports are that voter turnout has been on the light side, which I believe means Democrats are staying home! Pat Toomey showed up at our campaign headquarters too! :o Feeling very optimistic about things, but no time to let up!

Angle winning in NV and Tancredo pulling off a huge upset in CO are the two results from other states that I'm really looking forward to. Make it happen folks!!!!!! :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:36 pm 
Major General

Liked: 0
Well Marco remarked he will not be VP.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:38 pm 
Major General

Liked: 0
In any which case, reporting tonights results will be daunting due to the sheer number of races going on. I will be taking requests on who I should cover tonight in addition to reporting the balance of power in congress.

That is of course if you let me. I would like some help though...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next