Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:23 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Jonathan Lewis wrote:
Quote:
Exactly the same situation that happened in Nevada. It was all one county that gave Reid the lead and the win. All the other counties had twice as many votes for Angle. Very frustrating... :wall

True. The only difference is that Illinois has a lot more counties and a lot more population, thus making it seem that much worse. If you look at the map here (http://elections.nytimes.com/2010/results/governor) and zoom in on Illinois, you can see how it played out. Brady won by 20-40 points in dozens of counties, lost by a similar margin in ONE, and that one was enough to turn the tide.

I remember it was similar on Super Tuesday back on '08, when it looked all evening like Huckabee would win Missouri, only to lose by a narrow margin when St. Louis went for McCain. Maybe we should make all these big cities become their own states. Whaddya think?!

As a graduate of Crystal Lake High School in the McHenry County suburbs I remember well the tast of ashes as the Chicago vote was manufactured...opps...counted.

This cycle we are to believe that Cook County voted 873,000 votes for Brady and cast a total of 1,360,000 votes. This represents 37% of the 3,661,000 votes cast in the Illinois race.

Compare that to the 2008 Obama-favorite son-historic-realigning election returns. Obama got 609,000 votes of Cook County's 1,111,000 recorded votes. That represented 20.6% of Illinois' 5,371,000 votes cast.

In 2006 Blago got 489,000 Cook County votes as he trounced his opponent by 10% yet the county still represented just 17.5% of the total vote.

I'm a tad bit skeptical that more than a quarter million voters in Chicago turned out or turned in legal votes for Brady and Giannoulias than Obama. It is beyond curious that the total takes you to just past Brady.

I also think that nationally voter fraud is increasing a MAJOR problem and it is almost entirely urban machines.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:23 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
Well, overall, though when I finally went to bed I was disappointed, things are looking good - in particular if Obama won't change course.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:58 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
Bennet is claiming victory, and the Denver Post is backing him up. Ken Buck hasn't conceded yet, as there are still some provisional ballots being counted, but it doesn't look good. :(

Last night Fox News said more outside money was pumped into this race than any other race in the country. I believe it. Bennet ran an extremely negative campaign, non-stop . Looks like it worked.

That's what happened to our Huck PAC congressional candidate. The incumbent Dem went non-stop negative starting the end of August. It took our candidate off-message in order to defend himself. Tons of money funneled into the Dem's campaign to do this. It worked.

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:14 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Well, it was an awesome night to be a PA Republican last night!!! :D We won 5 House seats, the Senate contest and the Governor's race as well! And we won back control of the State House, giving the GOP control of all the branches of the state government! Very good for the coming redistricting that will take place next year. :)

Very sad that Sharron Angle lost to the despicable Harry Reid. Her big mistake (and one that the Tea Party folks need to learn) was not to try and make amends with the more moderate wing of the GOP in NV once she won the primary. Exit polls showed that she didn't get enough of the GOP vote and that seems to have done her in. No doubt some fraudulent votes helped Dingy Harry as well. Being seen as not supportive of Nevada's gambling industry probably didn't help her either. She's a good person though, so it hurt to see her lose. :(

It certainly looks like the big Tea Party candidates didn't fair very well last night. Angle, Miller, O'Donnell (she never had a shot at winning that race) and Buck all went down to defeat. That doesn't make me happy in the least, but it does show that running against a Democrat AND your own party is a losing recipy. Jim Demint doesn't come off looking to good right about now, IMHO.

Amazingly, despite how poorly many candidates supported by Palin did last night, Rush & Co. continue to declare her as the one who can save us. Seriously, when she came on Fox last night for their election coverage, most of us shook our heads at our campaign celebration headquarters. Everyone was in agreement that she would kill us if she were the nominee in 2012. On the other hand, Huck did a great job when he was on last night! No comparison between those two.

Great results for the House and Governor's races (C'mon Brady in IL!), but we left to many Senate seats on the table in Senate races in this election cycle. DE, CO & NV all should have been pickups for us. Unfortunately, Miller seems to have imploded in Alaksa and lost to Murkowski. To lose to a write-in isn't so good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:56 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
ColoradoMom4Huckabee wrote:
Fox just called CO Gov. race for Hickenlooper (D). :(

Of course he won. Tom Tancredo is a bigoted jerk and I only voted for him for the sake of the unborn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:00 pm 
*** General

Liked: 115
Overall the results were pretty good throughout the country. Democrats got wiped out everywhere except in the northeast and the west coast. Here in Michigan we picked up 2 House seats, which is tough to do because Republicans are already pretty well represented. We had 7 of 15, and now we have 9 of 15. Pretty good for a state that leans Democratic. My candidate, Rocky Raczkowski, lost to Gary Peters in MI-9 by a razor thin margin. I was sure Rocky was going to win. It's unbelievable that Peters was re-elected.

The good thing is Republicans now have the governorship and both state houses in Michigan. Hopefully, they can re-district Gary Peters out of a job for 2012.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:58 pm 
Captain

Liked: 29
Checking in from Minnesota--one of the few spots in the Midwest which shows blue on the national map :( .

A perspective on our section of the state: I made calls for the Republican Tea- Party-backed candidate in our district who lost by 5 percentage points to a strong Democratic incumbent. (I believe that he would have tied if a third independent conservative candidate had not run and received 5 percent of the votes.) It was really telling that our candidate did as well as he did since the incumbent was a popular high school teacher from our district. The Dems spent a lot of money putting out negative ads the last week. I think they were a little surprised it was that close. -- So Minnesota is not all liberal.

In a district north of us HuckPAC endorsed Craavak who defeated long-standing Democrat Oberstar.

Our governor's race is still too close to call, and it sounds like there will be a recount. Last I heard it is 44-43 in favor of the Democrat Dayton--a 9,000 vote difference. (HuckPAC backed the Republican Tom Emmer.)

I believe there were some shady things happening with the voting. I heard a physically disabled vet on the radio who said he went to vote early on Friday. When he went into the polling place there were about 20 others there who were cognitively disabled. He described them as not being able to understand the voting process. They were "helped" to vote, and the vet actually heard one being coached to vote for Dayton and Oberstar. Another voter was so disabled he didn't want to give up his ballot. When the vet approached someone about this, the comment was made, "You haven't seen the half of it. There were four other groups before this." The vet wrote down what he had seen right away and said he is taking action. (I wonder if anything will come of it.)

That reminded me of the Senate race between Al Franken and Norm Coleman which last year helped give the Dems the edge in the Senate. Coleman fought for quite a while, but ultimately gave in. Recently I heard that there are still questions about the legitimacy of the outcome of that election. And now we will have Franken as our senator for 5 more years. :(

A bright spot: Although Minnesota is blue nationally, we have a lot of red statewide. (Don't give up on us!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13